Spore ModAPI

Download tools and get the latest patches.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread post by rob55rod »

Risis4 wrote:and if it is what it seems, there´s a way to play it with DI?
I don't know if it is what it seems, and until I do know, I can't answer that.
sashimininja wrote:-snip-
Your description differs slightly from the others. This is going to sound really stupid, but...try restarting Steam. Or, failing that, your entire computer.

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Risis4
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Risis4 »

rob55rod wrote:
Risis4 wrote:and if it is what it seems, there´s a way to play it with DI?
I don't know if it is what it seems, and until I do know, I can't answer that.
so... do u need something else from me :S?
sashimininja
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by sashimininja »

rob55rod wrote: ---
Did you do some kind of hoodoo between my last two complete restarts and this one?
Powering down/up is the first thing I always try when it comes to Steam stuff and it didn't work. That's why I thought something else was going on, deeper. But, this time it worked. :roll:

Thanks for the nose wiggle! (Or whatever it was you did) :mrgreen:

**EDIT**

Closing out the game and reopening it through the API gives me the same error again. So, that's not good. :roll:
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

sashimininja wrote:
rob55rod wrote: ---
Did you do some kind of hoodoo between my last two complete restarts and this one?
Powering down/up is the first thing I always try when it comes to Steam stuff and it didn't work. That's why I thought something else was going on, deeper. But, this time it worked. :roll:

Thanks for the nose wiggle! (Or whatever it was you did) :mrgreen:
...I have several questions...

sashimininja wrote:Closing out the game and reopening it through the API gives me the same error again. So, that's not good. :roll:
...and that answers one of them. The only one that matters, unfortunately. Do you have any kind of antivirus or anything of the sort?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
sashimininja
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by sashimininja »

rob55rod wrote: ...and that answers one of them. The only one that matters, unfortunately. Do you have any kind of antivirus or anything of the sort?
I'm only running Windows defender and firewall.

**EDIT** --

Ok, so I've got it downloaded through Origin, (Thanks AT&T rural broadband for taking 7hrs on a 5gig game...) I went through the whole entire mess that people seem to have had 9 years ago ... Got the 1004 error cleared up, the asterisks replacing all texts issue. (That was fun) Now, I've got it loading like it should. API added it's fix for Origin. I made sure it started up through the API; success. I installed my mods, but now, they're not being recognized, it's starting like a vanilla game. I know they all work together because the one time I got it loaded through Steams install, it loaded.

I'm not sure the first thing to check to see why it's not adding loaded mods to the game.

I thought maybe it just didn't like being on a different drive than the game, so I reinstalled ModAPI to the default drive. Still nothing. I've removed all mods and just add one at a time and check, but the bots pack isn't even loading. One thing I did notice that Origin does differently than Steam, Galactic Adventures is in a separate folder system from Spore and Creepy Cute. Though it's all there.

**Edit2**

Continuing my search for wtf is going on with my install. ---

So, I deleted everything to od with ModAPI, recleaned my Spore folders, let Origin repair and update. I noticed something. ModAPI installs steam_api.dll along with its APIfix. That had me scratching my head a little. And when I looked in the exception logs, https://pastebin.com/j9CCBD6j it's showing access violations for a steam patched version of DI. I've restarted my pc, again. No luck. I'm all out of ideas here. I've been hunting and testing, literally all night. I did join Discord and looked through everything but I'm not seeing anything to help me here. The next step is to uninstall completely and reinstall everything again. :sick:

-------
5/10/2019
-------
Issue resolved after removing all Spore from my system, cleaning out with CCleaner and redownloading from complete scratch. (Don't download through one and play on another because it takes infinite years to download in a rural setting.) Lesson learned when messing with EA games.
Thanks for the help!
deanosauruz
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by deanosauruz »

I am having no end of problems trying to run this.

I did have it running ONCE however the screen resolution was insanely low and the graphics were terrible.

After installing with the ModAPI and attempting to launch I am met with 3 errors

1:
2:
3:

Any help/suggestions would be great

Edit: 13/05/19 (13:17)
Managed to launch the game via API and fix the resolution issues.

Now attempting to launch the game again display the same errors AND steam telling me the game is running when Task Manager shows it isn't.
deanosauruz
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by deanosauruz »

Also the colouration pieces...

Is this a bug where it just places a small orange volcano looking object? Or is it supposed to actually help colour a single object separate from everything else?
mrblaster
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by mrblaster »

When I try to launch a launcher, this happens:
---------------------------
Error
---------------------------
Something went wrong while starting or injecting your mods into Spore Galactic Adventures. The game may start, but some mods will not work correctly.\nIf you see this message, please report the issue, along with a screenshot of this MessageBox. A forum thread where you may do so should open once this MessageBox is closed, but if this does not occur, you can also find the thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=108&t=6300

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception

The system cannot find the file specified

at SporeModAPI_Launcher.Program.CreateSporeProcess() in C:\Users\Splitwirez\Documents\Important\Spore Modding Tools\Spore ModAPI\ModAPI Launcher Development Interim Release\Spore ModAPI Launcher\Program.cs:line 385

at SporeModAPI_Launcher.Program.InjectNormalSporeProcess(String dllEnding) in C:\Users\Splitwirez\Documents\Important\Spore Modding Tools\Spore ModAPI\ModAPI Launcher Development Interim Release\Spore ModAPI Launcher\Program.cs:line 267

at SporeModAPI_Launcher.Program.Execute() in C:\Users\Splitwirez\Documents\Important\Spore Modding Tools\Spore ModAPI\ModAPI Launcher Development Interim Release\Spore ModAPI Launcher\Program.cs:line 187
SkyTechRTS
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by SkyTechRTS »

So is there ever going to be a fix to these stupid "access denied errors" or not?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

deanosauruz wrote:Now attempting to launch the game again display the same errors AND steam telling me the game is running when Task Manager shows it isn't.
Have you tried restarting your computer? I know that sounds stupid, but I've seen it work for symptoms such as yours before.
deanosauruz wrote:Also the colouration pieces...

Is this a bug where it just places a small orange volcano looking object? Or is it supposed to actually help colour a single object separate from everything else?
Please post questions in the appropriate thread.
mrblaster wrote:-snip-
Where did you install Spore from? Steam, by any chance?
SkyTechRTS wrote:So is there ever going to be a fix to these stupid "access denied errors" or not?
Investigation ongoing. Sorry about the delay.

----------

I'm sorry for all the problems you folks - and others - are facing with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit. We're doing everything we can to figure these problems out, but Emd and I are only two people - doing this as a hobby - against a swarm of bizarre, anomalous problems. I'm not asking you to give us a free pass just because we aren't exactly getting paid to do this or anything, quite the opposite, I'm glad you've brought these problems to our attention. I'm just saying this to give you some context about what's going on here.

Adding onto that, the problems plaguing the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit are actually twofold: There are the bugs you folks are complaining about, and then there's also the reality that the software itself is just...really poorly designed - even when it works as intended, people often struggle to understand how to use it. I'm working on addressing both categories of problems, but I've been going to great lengths addressing the latter category of issues behind the scenes, and learning some stuff about the former along the way. Throughout this process, I've been trying to rework this whole system to expose more information about these problems. Additionally, as this massive upgrade is still in the works, it becomes harder to put out smaller updates in the meantime. I'm doing everything I can to address every problem I can, but these things take time.

Thank you for not giving up on us. Your patience is appreciated endlessly. Although it may take time, I don't intend to disappoint.

Jeffery
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Jeffery »

the launcher isnt working,everytime i try to launch spore with it it dosent work
the shortcut is in steamapps\common\spore\DataEP1
and its instaled in the default install path

tell me what im doing wrong if i am doing anything wrong

heres a pic of my spore dataEP1 folder
Attachments
totz not mofio.png
Jeff Jeffery 8-)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Jeffery wrote:the launcher isnt working,everytime i try to launch spore with it it dosent work[/wuote]
Be more specific. I can't help you if you just say "There's a problem. Fix the problem." What is the symptom that alerts you to the presence of a problem?
Jeffery wrote:the shortcut is in steamapps\common\spore\DataEP1
Also don't put those batch scripts in your Data folder.

Jeffery
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Jeffery »

rob55rod wrote:
Jeffery wrote:the launcher isnt working,everytime i try to launch spore with it it dosent work[/wuote]
Be more specific. I can't help you if you just say "There's a problem. Fix the problem." What is the symptom that alerts you to the presence of a problem?
Jeffery wrote:the shortcut is in steamapps\common\spore\DataEP1
Also don't put those batch scripts in your Data folder.
ok i moved the batch file things and did some tesets
the launcher works fine when i dont have mods instaled through the api
but dosent when i do have mods installed through it
should i reinstall the api?
Jeff Jeffery 8-)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Jeffery wrote:should i reinstall the api?
No, you should address my initial question. Saying it "doesn't work" is useless. I can't do anything with that. I need to know what happens, not just that the desired outcome doesn't occur.

Jeffery
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Jeffery »

rob55rod wrote:
Jeffery wrote:should i reinstall the api?
No, you should address my initial question. Saying it "doesn't work" is useless. I can't do anything with that. I need to know what happens, not just that the desired outcome doesn't occur.
Here Are Some Pictures Of The Errors
Attachments
Capture5.PNG
Capture5.PNG (5.65 KiB) Viewed 7985 times
Capture4.PNG
Capture3.PNG
Capture3.PNG (7.33 KiB) Viewed 7985 times
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (4.55 KiB) Viewed 7985 times
Capture.PNG
Jeff Jeffery 8-)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Right...what mod(s) did you install when this happened?

Jeffery
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Jeffery »

rob55rod wrote:Right...what mod(s) did you install when this happened?
dark injection beta 9

with basic settings like:
flexable camera,utility parts,infinint complexity,davo spaceship parts,dark injection paints,ghost town background,vanilla ui.
and it installed quickly and to the location of dataEP1 where all mods belong
Jeff Jeffery 8-)
Alaecreaturae
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Alaecreaturae »

You might have heard this one before but I haven't found any other solution. When I start up the game through the Spore ModAPI launcher the game starts to load up, gets through all the titles, but then stops at the main screen with the message somewhere along the lines of "please launch through the Spore ModAPI launcher" even though I already started it through the launcher.
My copy of the game is through none of the options , but not pirated. I got it from an online code on Amazon years ago, and dark injection worked on it just fine then. Thanks in advance.

edit: got a screenshot
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Jeffery wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Right...what mod(s) did you install when this happened?
dark injection beta 9

with basic settings like:
flexable camera,utility parts,infinint complexity,davo spaceship parts,dark injection paints,ghost town background,vanilla ui.
You claim to have a beta version of Dark Injection 9, yet the settings you mention suggest you're using some build of Dark Injection 9.r, and you haven't specified which. Not much I can do with half of an answer.

That aside...I am getting increasingly sick and tired of these anomalous Steam Spore issues. I'd imagine you are, too.

Jeffery wrote:and it installed quickly and to the location of dataEP1 where all mods belong
Incorrect, albeit irrelevant

Alaecreaturae wrote:You might have heard this one before but I haven't found any other solution. When I start up the game through the Spore ModAPI launcher the game starts to load up, gets through all the titles, but then stops at the main screen with the message somewhere along the lines of "please launch through the Spore ModAPI launcher" even though I already started it through the launcher.
Do any error messages appear prior to the one in your screenshot?

Alaecreaturae wrote:My copy of the game is through none of the options , but not pirated. I got it from an online code on Amazon years ago
I forgot Spore was even sold on Amazon tbh...when you bought the game, how did you install it? Did you have to go through Steam or Origin or some other client to install it, or was it just some kind of standalone download you got directly from Amazon?

Alaecreaturae wrote:dark injection worked on it just fine then. Thanks in advance.
If this was anytime before late December of 2018, then you would've been using an older version Dark Injection, from before I decided to take advantage of the Spore ModAPI. That may explain why it worked before, but now dosn't - ModAPI mods have to be compiled separately for each version of the game, while non-ModAPI mods don't. Now, the remaining question is whether Amazon Spore is truly its own version of the game, or just a different way of buying another version...

FoxButt
Cell
Cell

Unread post by FoxButt »

I've done EVERYTHING to try and fix this but i keep encountering this error that NOBODY else has.
Please someone give me a possible fix! i want to play DI spore again.
I have the steam version however its said it doesnt matter, origin version is N/A.
Attachments
unknown.png
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tools & Patches”