Spore ModAPI

Download tools and get the latest patches.
supercyclotosaurus
Cell
Cell

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread post by supercyclotosaurus »

ok i tried to install dark injection and it said the installation was successful but when i open spore there where no ui changes and it crashes when i try to open editor. any ideas on what is causing this?

supercyclotosaurus
Cell
Cell

it might be another mod lemme check
supercyclotosaurus
Cell
Cell

I launched spore with the modapi launcher and got this error
Attachments
error message
error message
Invizion
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Invizion »

Hi @rob55rod, already solved that issue :)
Forgot to left here the answer for anyone that would have the same issue.

Just created a shortcut of the launcher to desktop and then added the command -locale:en-us

Thanks!
bluesbuilder
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by bluesbuilder »

My issue was caused by my anti-virus blocking things. Just deactivating it didn’t fix it, but exiting completely did. Still had issue when adding exclusions to the antivirus. Thanks to rob for the assistance!
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

bluesbuilder wrote:My issue was caused by my anti-virus blocking things. Just deactivating it didn’t fix it, but exiting completely did. Still had issue when adding exclusions to the antivirus. Thanks to rob for the assistance!
What antivirus did you use? I have an issue similar to what you had. I currently use Norton Antivirus. (And I also have an exclusion for D:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Spore\ModAPI.)
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Olyenka
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Olyenka »

EDIT: NVM, I got it to work somehow by restarting my computer.
"This thing took like an hour to make but it was so worth it." - me
AtomzVsEvil
Cell
Cell

Re: Spore ModAPI troubleshooting

Unread post by AtomzVsEvil »

Hi there! I'm having a problem with the launcher. For some reason it keeps on giving me a few error messages because I used task manager to end the task for the game. Please help!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

AtomzVsEvil wrote:Hi there! I'm having a problem with the launcher. For some reason it keeps on giving me a few error messages because I used task manager to end the task for the game. Please help!
I can't help you blindfolded. Mind providing screenshots?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
AtomzVsEvil
Cell
Cell

Unread post by AtomzVsEvil »

Unfortunately I uninstalled spore modapi
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

AtomzVsEvil wrote:Unfortunately I uninstalled spore modapi
Please don't. I'll need you to reinstall it before I can help you.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
vanillacold

I got a random update which made the ModAPI even worse. Now the game closes when I launch it via the ModAPI.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

A quick heads-up to everyone:
Recent events have had security on my mind a lot lately, resulting in me finding - and fixing - several security issues in the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit. These fixes, along with some major bugfixes, are contained in version 1.1.0.39 of the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit. All prior versions are affected by the worst of the security issues, if not all of them. I would recommend you update immediately, if you haven't already. AFAIK these issues have not been taken advantage of, but there's nothing to be gained by keeping that door open.

If you aren't sure what version of the ModAPI Launcher Kit you have, simply run the ModAPI Easy Uninstaller and look in the bottom-left corner. If it says "1.1.0.39" or any higher value there, you're safe. If the number is lower, you'll have to re-enable automatic updates and restart the ModAPI Easy Uninstaller. If no version is listed at all, download the ModAPI Launcher Kit Setup program from http://davoonline.com/sporemodder/rob55 ... PI/Public/ and upgrade your existing ModAPI Launcher kit.

Unfortunately, the price to pay for some of the non-security-related bugfixes in this update is that compatibility with certain ModAPI mods has been cut. The only mods known to be affected by this are BentLent98's PBR proof-of-concept mod and Dark Injection 9.r Public Beta 2.3.0, so you'll need to steer clear of the PBR mod until it can be (and is) updated, and update to Dark Injection 9.r Public Beta 2.3.2 . EXE custom installers have also been disabled for security reasons, although an exception is left for Dark Injection 9.r Public Beta 2.1.6 . This exception will be removed once the ModAPI Launcher proves reliable enough that 2.1.6 stops being needed for DI users experiencing fatal Launcher issues. 2.1.6 poses no threat.
Additionally, this update also addresses an issue which limited the user's ability to exercise their right to decline updates.

If anyone has any questions about this, please do ask.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

VanillaCold wrote:I got a random update which made the ModAPI even worse. Now the game closes when I launch it via the ModAPI.
PM me screenshots and details of whatever else happens, any errors which appear, etc.

vanillacold

rob55rod wrote: PM me screenshots and details of whatever else happens, any errors which appear, etc.
Don't worry, I figured it out. I had DI 2.3.0 instead of 2.3.2.
(Also, what was BentLent's PBR mod?)

vanillacold

Anyway, is there a way to make the ModAPI show both images and the description of an item with an XML installer?

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

VanillaCold wrote:
rob55rod wrote: PM me screenshots and details of whatever else happens, any errors which appear, etc.
Don't worry, I figured it out. I had DI 2.3.0 instead of 2.3.2.
...yeah, that's why I added a warning that you'd need to get off of 2.3.0 .
So is everything working smoothly now, or...?
VanillaCold wrote:(Also, what was BentLent's PBR mod?)
A shader experiment shared on SMC a while back.
VanillaCold wrote:Anyway, is there a way to make the ModAPI show both images and the description of an item with an XML installer?
"Before", "After", "InsteadOf", and "None" are all valid image placement values. Their functionality should be self-explanatory.

vanillacold

rob55rod wrote: So is everything working smoothly now, or...?
I can run Spore through the ModAPI again now, but I still have the occasional "Virtual Alloc Failiure" error.
rob55rod wrote: "Before", "After", "InsteadOf", and "None" are all valid image placement values. Their functionality should be self-explanatory.
Okay, thanks!

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

VanillaCold wrote:
rob55rod wrote: So is everything working smoothly now, or...?
I can run Spore through the ModAPI again now, but I still have the occasional "Virtual Alloc Failiure" error.
...darn, I was hoping that would be fixed now. I'll...get back to you if and/or whenever I come up with another potential fix for you to try. Sorry for all the trouble in the meantime.
VanillaCold wrote:
rob55rod wrote: "Before", "After", "InsteadOf", and "None" are all valid image placement values. Their functionality should be self-explanatory.
Okay, thanks!
No problem. I wish I was better at writing documentation for this stuff...

MAGLCatanduvaBrasil
Cell
Cell

Unread post by MAGLCatanduvaBrasil »

ola queria saber como eu faço para desinstalar o spore modapi launcher ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tools & Patches”