Half Epics for all four stages? (Expect Cell)

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Tubbybloxian
Tribal
Tribal

Half Epics for all four stages? (Expect Cell)

Unread post by Tubbybloxian »

Can anybody make a mod that adds Half Epics to Creature Stage, Tribal Stage, Civilization Stage and Space Stage?

If so, then this is how the mod should work like:
Note: I removed Cell Stage from the list since their are most likely half epics in Cell Stage already by now in regular Spore.

Spawn Rate:
Their spawn rate is better than a regular epics spawn rate, so better be careful of that.

Creature Stage:
Around 1-6 half epics could spawn in the stage, in very rare cases it would be more than 6, which means that a 7th one could possibly spawn in.

Tribal Stage:
Around 1-5 half epics could spawn in the stage, in very rare cases it would be more than 5, which means that a 6th one could possibly spawn in.

Civilization Stage:
Around 1-3 half epics could spawn in the stage, in very rare cases it would be more than 3, which means that a 4th one could possibly spawn in.

Space Stage:
Around 1-2 half epics could spawn in a planet, but not in your Home Planet. In very rare cases it would be more than 2, which means that a 3rd one could possibly spawn in a planet.

Creature Stage:
Throughout your journey half epics will spawn around Creature Stage from the beginning to the end. If they spawn in the beginning of Creature Stage, they will be early creatures like here's an example:

Your an early creature wandering around the forest when suddenly, you heard a half-epic Spitoon near you, luckily it's a half epic, an early epic that just came to land by now and its health is 500 and the damage it does is weaker than a regular epic.

They're spawning rate is better than an epic's spawn rate, which makes the half epic dangerous but easy to take out because of them being half the size and health of an average epic. (This means that you could see around 4-5 half epics in Creature to Space Stage)

Stats: (Creature Stage and Tribal Stage)
Health: 500 (In creature stage and tribal stage)
Attacks: Same thing as a regular epic but weaker since they're smaller then an average epic.

Tribal Stage:
Half-Epics aren't a big threat towards your tribe, if your tribe is carnivorous/omnivorous you can try to get your tribe to find a half epic, then you can hunt it down and it will give you 50-150 food when killed. The spawn rate for the Half-Epics is the same as there spawn rate in Creature Stage.

Civilization Stage:
Half-Epics still have the spawn rate for the previous stages, and they could be a threat to your Cities, but don't worry because those turrets or vehicles will take care of the problem. You can use your military vehicles or turrets to take down the Half-Epic, or a Religious vehicles that makes the Half Epic passive towards the vehicles. However, their health has changed and can do a weaker Fireball.

Stats: (Civilization Stage)
Health: 1,500
Attacks: Same thing as the Half-Epic Creature/Tribal Stage one, but this time, it can do a weaker Fireball.

Space Stage:
Half-Epics still have the same spawn rate in the previous, however it kinda lower down like how the Epic spawn rate for Space Stage lower down. Half-Epics can be a threat if your city is T-1, since you're need some turrets for the city. Half-Epics also can shoot weak fireballs at your spaceship. but lucky you because they have 2,000 health and their attacks are weaker than an average epic, giving you enough time to kill them.

Stats: (Space Stage)
Health: 2,000
Attacks: Same thing as the Civilization Half-Epic.

New tools: (Optional)
Keep in mind that this ones optional if you wanna or don't wanna include a tool like this in the mod since it would take some time to make it.
Half-Supersizer:
Basically half the price of a regular Supersizer tool, can be unlocked when reaching Zoologist 2 or Eco Hero 2. This space tool allows you to half-supersized a creature, making them a Half-Epic or Half-Supersized creature.

Welp that's all I have to anybody that's reading this request, you can make the mod anytime you wanna as long as you mention the person that made this request in the first place which is me, Tubbybloxian.
Last edited by Tubbybloxian on Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Half Epics

Unread post by Davo »

i dont know about this mod but follow me on twitch

https://www.twitch.tv/davoplayer/
Tubbybloxian
Tribal
Tribal

Re: Half Epics

Davo wrote:i dont know about this mod but follow me on twitch

https://www.twitch.tv/davoplayer/
Ok?
vanillacold

Re: Half Epics for all four stages? (Expect Cell)

Unread post by vanillacold »

I don't think the half-supersizer would work without the ModAPI, but half-epics probably could considering that someone made a hyper-epic mod once.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Tubbybloxian
Tribal
Tribal

VanillaCold wrote:I don't think the half-supersizer would work without the ModAPI, but half-epics probably could considering that someone made a hyper-epic mod once.
I use ModAPI to install mods so Half-Supersizer could exist. But wait, you mean making the tool with the ModAPI modder tool, right? (I'm fine with the mod having the requirements of Spore ModAPI, since I do use the Easy-Installer to install mods and such)
Last edited by Tubbybloxian on Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Tubbybloxian wrote:
VanillaCold wrote:I don't think the half-supersizer would work without the ModAPI, but half-epics probably could considering that someone made a hyper-epic mod once.
I use ModAPI to install mods so Half-Supersizer could exist. But wait, you mean making the tool with the ModAPI morder tool, right? (I'm fine with the mod having the requirements of Spore ModAPI, since I do use the Easy-Installer to install mods and such)
Allow me to clarify something..."the ModAPI" is an umbrella term for two very different things:

1. The Spore ModAPI Development Kit, which is needed in order to create mods which can influence Spore's code
2. The Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit, which is needed in order to use ModAPI mods (as described above), and which also happens to provide some streamlined installation features for most types of mods

Vanilla was referring to the former.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Tubbybloxian
Tribal
Tribal

Ok then.
FYI: I use the Spore ModAPI Launcher to launch Spore with mods that require the ModAPI.
Dino
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Dino »

mamma mia, i will make it
Tubbybloxian
Tribal
Tribal

Ok, thanks Dino.
Also make sure that the spawn rate isn't too out of control. (Gonna update the forum and add a spawn rate section)
Update: Just updated the forum post with the Spawn Rate section in.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”