Spore ModAPI Launcher not detected.

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
SnaVzoh
Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Spore ModAPI Launcher not detected.

Unread postby SnaVzoh » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:22 am

I downloaded everything like i should have done,i started SPORE from the launcher but i get this error..Anyone know how to fix this?

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army

Re: Spore ModAPI Launcher not detected.

Unread postby rob55rod » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:44 am

1. Where did you install Spore from? (Steam? Disk? GOG? Origin?)
2. When you run the Spore ModAPI Launcher, are any messages shown before the game starts? And if not, can you check if any come up after it starts? (Note that if you normally play in fullscreen mode, you can switch to windowed mode to check by pressing ALT+ENTER)
3. Do you have any kind of antivirus or anything of the sort installed? And if so, which is it?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

SnaVzoh

Unread postby SnaVzoh » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:35 am

rob55rod wrote:1. Where did you install Spore from? (Steam? Disk? GOG? Origin?)
2. When you run the Spore ModAPI Launcher, are any messages shown before the game starts? And if not, can you check if any come up after it starts? (Note that if you normally play in fullscreen mode, you can switch to windowed mode to check by pressing ALT+ENTER)
3. Do you have any kind of antivirus or anything of the sort installed? And if so, which is it?

Ive got spore installed on my steam account,and when i try to start the game it says ''The program cant start because MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer'' which i didnt get before when i was trying to launch the game.I dont have an anti virus.

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:56 pm

SnaVzoh wrote:Ive got spore installed on my steam account,and when i try to start the game it says ''The program cant start because MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer'' which i didnt get before when i was trying to launch the game.I dont have an anti virus.

Hmm...that answers a few questions, but raises another: Does the game still start after that error message appears?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

SnaVzoh

Unread postby SnaVzoh » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:45 am

rob55rod wrote:
SnaVzoh wrote:Ive got spore installed on my steam account,and when i try to start the game it says ''The program cant start because MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer'' which i didnt get before when i was trying to launch the game.I dont have an anti virus.

Hmm...that answers a few questions, but raises another: Does the game still start after that error message appears?

It doesnt,it just gives me a blackscreen and it says that Spore Galactic Adventures has stopped working

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:49 pm

SnaVzoh wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

It doesnt,it just gives me a blackscreen and it says that Spore Galactic Adventures has stopped working

Alright, in that case...do you know exactly where you installed Spore to, and where your Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit folder is?

SnaVzoh

Unread postby SnaVzoh » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:25 pm

rob55rod wrote:
SnaVzoh wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Hmm...that answers a few questions, but raises another: Does the game still start after that error message appears?

Alright, in that case...do you know exactly where you installed Spore to, and where your Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit folder is?

Yeah i do know.

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”