New Editor Backgrounds mod

Various editor modifications are found here.
Recruit

Recruit

I-am-THEdragon

New Editor Backgrounds mod

Unread postby I-am-THEdragon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:33 am

This mod has been a long time in the making. Truthfully I had mostly finished it a few months ago then got distracted and forgot about it. Better late than never, here it is, my mod which adds various new test drive backgrounds to the creature editor. These backgrounds are made of a mixture of existing Spore assets and some of my own original assets.

Vaporwave- Based on the 'vaporwave' aesthetic. Skybox and water textures made by me.
Spoiler: show

Room- A basic house room with some furniture, modeled by me with a mixture of edited Spore textures and some of my own.

Night- The default creature editor background, but at night. Textures found unused in the game's files.

Snow- A snowy landscape. Skybox texture made by me.

Desert- A sandy desert landscape from the land vehicle editor background.

Deep Sea- The bottom of the ocean, from the sea vehicle editor with spore plant textures added.

Imaginatorium- A childlike but ominous scenery based on my adventure 'Jolly G. Willakers' Imaginatorium.

There is also a plain greenscreen texture for chroma-keying purposes, but I may remove it from future versions of this mod as Rob55rod recently released a mod with of the same feature.

For those wondering why I have not made additional backgrounds for the outfitters or if I will in the future, I did try but unfortunately I faced some difficulties. The floor planes for each outfitter have a different collision mesh which I would have to account for, and for some reason certain background meshes would not load and unload properly. For now it doesn't seem like new backgrounds for the outfitters will be implemented unless I find a solution to this error. That said, the creature editor should be enough. Dark Injection offers the availability of all outfitter parts in the creature editor, and a properly-executed glitch in the adventure editor allows outfitted creatures to be loaded into the creature editor.

Download it here. https://www.mediafire.com/file/owphih1l ... ckage/file

Private

Private

VanillaCold

Re: New Editor Backgrounds mod

Unread postby VanillaCold » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:57 pm

Wow, this looks cool! It's perfect for taking screenshots of creatures in their natural enviroment!
Could you possibly add the early creature creator background and the space background?

I've included a few screenshots I took below:
CRE_Rasfish-1a30f835_sml.jpg
CRE_Noin-1a30f837_sml.jpg
CRE_Gift for Ludroidman-1a30f836_sml.jpg
CRE_Triceratops skeleton-1a30f838_sml.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Creator of Solar Spore and Spaceplanes.

My main account broke a while ago, which is why I created this alt.

Recruit

Recruit

I-am-THEdragon

Unread postby I-am-THEdragon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:12 pm

Rob55Rod already made an early creature creator background mod; otherwise I would've included it ;)
As for the space background, that is very doable. Not sure what sort of ground plane to give it though, maybe a space dome thing? Yeah, that'd be pretty cool actually.

Master Sergeant

Master Sergeant

Darhagonable

Unread postby Darhagonable » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:22 am

This mod is really cool! Would you take suggestions for more backgrounds?

Recruit

Recruit

I-am-THEdragon

Unread postby I-am-THEdragon » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:37 am

I do take suggestions! Though I can't quite guarantee I will be able to fulfill them all, or the quality at which I will do so. That said, I will at least try my best!

Master Sergeant

Master Sergeant

Darhagonable

Unread postby Darhagonable » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:01 am

I-am-THEdragon wrote:I do take suggestions! Though I can't quite guarantee I will be able to fulfill them all, or the quality at which I will do so. That said, I will at least try my best!

I was thinking the editor backgrounds from the beta versions of spore. like the one shown here:
https://youtu.be/8PXiNNXUUF8?t=220
https://youtu.be/VFP9YXPSPC0?t=327
https://youtu.be/RVY7Rj2ucx8?t=153

What is special about this testdrive background is that it isn't flat and boring. it has small rocks and the ground goes up and down a little.

Return to “Editor Mods”