Sea Vehicle Editor Graphical Bug?

Squashed beyond recognition. Unlike real bugs, these weren't alive enough to be worth sparing.
werewolfwrath
Cell
Cell

Sea Vehicle Editor Graphical Bug?

Unread post by werewolfwrath »

So normally the sea vehicle editor looks like this
Spore_2018-05-23_16-33-07.png
but for some reason having dark injection installed makes it look like this
Spore_2018-05-23_16-47-27.png
The particles that were underwater are now covering the whole screen and the clouds are now directly on the water, which means that the editor will sometimes load the vehicle either next to one of the clouds or in rare cases inside one. I don't know why dark injections is doing this or why only the sea vehicle editor seems to be affected.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Sea Vehicle Editor Graphical Bug?

Unread post by rob55rod »

Odd...how exactly did you determine that DI was at fault?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
werewolfwrath
Cell
Cell

I uninstalled everything back to unmodded GA and it was normal. When I put just DI back the issue came back as well. I even did fresh install attempt just to be sure.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

werewolfwrath wrote:I uninstalled everything back to unmodded GA and it was normal. When I put just DI back the issue came back as well. I even did fresh install attempt just to be sure.
Recently stumbled across this thread again, and was wondering...does this issue occur if you disable Infinite Complexity?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
werewolfwrath
Cell
Cell

Just checked...yeah the same issue appears regardless of the complexity setting.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

werewolfwrath wrote:Just checked...yeah the same issue appears regardless of the complexity setting.
...well dammit. What if you disable...all of DI's features in the configurator, but don't actually uninstall the mod?

werewolfwrath
Cell
Cell

Well disabling everything did nothing (even setting the UI back to core Spore's) but I think I may have found the issue. After re-enabling everything, out of curiosity I tried deleting just the !!!!!2017_DI_9_r_Beta2-1-6_zzFoundation_LC package and that seemed to fix it. Granted it also removes a lot of DI's features, but since the UI and unlimited complexity remain, the mod is still technically installed. Just to be sure I also tried deleting everything DI related but the foundation package and that kept the issue as well. So I think whatever causing the issue might be within the foundation package.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

werewolfwrath wrote:Well disabling everything did nothing (even setting the UI back to core Spore's) but I think I may have found the issue. After re-enabling everything, out of curiosity I tried deleting just the !!!!!2017_DI_9_r_Beta2-1-6_zzFoundation_LC package and that seemed to fix it. Granted it also removes a lot of DI's features, but since the UI and unlimited complexity remain, the mod is still technically installed. Just to be sure I also tried deleting everything DI related but the foundation package and that kept the issue as well. So I think whatever causing the issue might be within the foundation package.
...disabling everything is the same thing as removing every package but the foundation.

In any case, that confirms my suspicions. Thank you.

werewolfwrath
Cell
Cell

That's what I initially thought, but figured I should check both methods just to be sure. Glad I was able to help narrow it down either way.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Fixed Bugs”