How to install patch for spore from origin?

Everything related to Dark Injection, a mod for Spore: Galactic Adventures which aims to extend the capabilities of Spore's editors and preserve Darkspore within Spore to the fullest extent possible.
Forum rules
Please be respectful and keep discussion at least loosely related to Darkspore and Dark Injection. If you are using the Dark Injection 9.r beta, we expect you to actually report any bugs you find, and to provide feedback whenever necessary.
Starlord1986
Hatchling
Hatchling

How to install patch for spore from origin?

Unread post by Starlord1986 »

hi recently i found the dark injections mod and wanted it. ive already went through the process of converting my steam version to origin.
now ive read this should work for origin, but when i try to install the patch it says,"you must own spore to install spore patch". ive looked all over google search for patching origin, but i cant find anything. my current version is 3.1.0.22 and my install order is origin spore > origin spore GA.
ive already spent 3 hours searching and im tired and need help please. also for future information will the DI installer work for Origin version?

Starlord1986
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: How to install patch for spore from origin?

Updated: so was impatient and decided to go ahead with the installation of DI without downgrading to the 1.5.1 patch and found that i had no issues installing it and using the infinite complexity mod from it. im on 3.1.0.22 from origin so if anyone in the future is wondering the same thing i was then i can confirm that version 3.1.0.22 will work with the newest version of Dark Injections. as of now i can only speak for the infinite complexity mod. i did not install the others. i will test out the other mods in the future and if i have any issues ill update the forum.

Updated: i guess i was wrong. it seems that even though the complexity meter dissapears its still limiting me.

ill try one last thing because maybe its possible it doesnt work with the cell stage and only starts working with the creature stage? i hope
VanillaCold57
Cell
Cell

Unread post by VanillaCold57 »

Why did you uninstall the Steam version?
The origin version is no longer better for modding, and Steam itself is better.
Uninstall the useless Origin version of Spore, and install the Steam version of Spore.
Starlord1986
Hatchling
Hatchling

because all throughout the forum everyone including the DI dev said that DI does not work for steam. that was around 2015-2017 of post on his FaQ
Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Unread post by Darhagonable »

Before many mods didn't work on steamspore because the game prioritised the packages differently. The new client that came turned originspore into steamspore in that regard and we then found a fix which worked for all versions so now in theory there isn't much of a difference BUT there may and may not be more issues and stability issues with Steamspore than originspore but we dont know for sure yet.
So Originspore is sort of still recommended to be on the safe side.
Starlord1986
Hatchling
Hatchling

thats what i was guessing which is why i went origin... oh as an update: i got to the creature stage and now it seems i can put as many parts as i want on so i think its working, just doesn't work with the cell stage.

also i dont know why, but the first time my game crashed, but i remembered a youtuber saying not to skip the cut-scenes because for some odd reason it causes most of the crashes. so i didn't skip any cut-scenes today and haven't had a crash happen yet. i dont know if this is a known issue or not.
Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Unread post by Darhagonable »

Yeah, Rob missed adding unlimited complexity to the cell editors. That should be fixed for the next update unless he forgets it again . :P

Yeah skipping cut scenes can be pretty unstable it seems... If it just happened once it could just be a random normal crash and nothing to really worry about. Just to make sure, Do you have any other mods installed other than DI? Any affecting ingame stuff and not just the editors?
VanillaCold57
Cell
Cell

Unread post by VanillaCold57 »

Darhagonable wrote:Before many mods didn't work on steamspore because the game prioritised the packages differently. The new client that came turned originspore into steamspore in that regard and we then found a fix which worked for all versions so now in theory there isn't much of a difference BUT there may and may not be more issues and stability issues with Steamspore than originspore but we dont know for sure yet.
Origin Spore isn't as stable as Steam Spore.
Steam Spore crashed frequently for someone, so he tried Origin Spore. It crashed on startup, unlike Steam Spore.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

VanillaCold57 wrote:
Darhagonable wrote:Before many mods didn't work on steamspore because the game prioritised the packages differently. The new client that came turned originspore into steamspore in that regard and we then found a fix which worked for all versions so now in theory there isn't much of a difference BUT there may and may not be more issues and stability issues with Steamspore than originspore but we dont know for sure yet.
Origin Spore isn't as stable as Steam Spore.
Steam Spore crashed frequently for someone, so he tried Origin Spore. It crashed on startup, unlike Steam Spore.
Neither is consistently more stable than the other. A single point does not indicate a trend.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Dark Injection”