No mods are working.

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
ZeGamingCuber
Cell
Cell

No mods are working.

Unread post by ZeGamingCuber »

So I copied spore from Steam to Origin so I could download mods but they're not working. I put them in the right directory so they should work. I have them in (OS)C:/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/Spore Galactic Adventures/Data.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: No mods are working.

Unread post by rob55rod »

When creating a new thread, please post it in the appropriate subforum. You seem to have a problem related to various mods not working, so it baffles me as to why you would create a thread about this in the subforum dedicated to mods Davo has made. I've moved this one for you.

Anywaves, try installing mods with the ModAPI Easy Installer: https://sporemodder.wordpress.com/spore-modapi/
Let me know if that gets you anywhere.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
ZeGamingCuber
Cell
Cell

The easy installer says "The mod "<ModName>" could not be installed. The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Spore Galactic Adventures\Data\<ModName>.package ' as it is being used by another process." Edit: nvm I just had them in the folder they would be installed into
ZeGamingCuber
Cell
Cell

Still the mods do not woek
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

ZeGamingCuber wrote:Still the mods do not woek
Close the game, run the Easy Installer as Administrator. Does that change anything?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
ZeGamingCuber
Cell
Cell

Nope they still don't work. maybe it's because I'm on a higher or lower version than 1.5.1 and am unable to patch to 1.5.1 because it says I don't have spore when I try to patch it?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

ZeGamingCuber wrote:Nope they still don't work. maybe it's because I'm on a higher or lower version than 1.5.1 and am unable to patch to 1.5.1 because it says I don't have spore when I try to patch it?
If you just switched to Origin, you'd have 1.7, which is less than optimal, but atleast for mods which have been updated recently, such as Dark Injection, it should be fine.

My guess is that during the transition from Steam to Origin, some of the registry information wasn't updated, leading to the game reading from the old Steam folders instead of the new Origin ones. Try transferring all of your mods to the previous location. Let me know if that helps.

Also, you do realize that migrating from Steam to Origin doesn't even help with mod compatibility anymore, right?

ZeGamingCuber
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
ZeGamingCuber wrote:Nope they still don't work. maybe it's because I'm on a higher or lower version than 1.5.1 and am unable to patch to 1.5.1 because it says I don't have spore when I try to patch it?
If you just switched to Origin, you'd have 1.7, which is less than optimal, but atleast for mods which have been updated recently, such as Dark Injection, it should be fine.

My guess is that during the transition from Steam to Origin, some of the registry information wasn't updated, leading to the game reading from the old Steam folders instead of the new Origin ones. Try transferring all of your mods to the previous location. Let me know if that helps.

Also, you do realize that migrating from Steam to Origin doesn't even help with mod compatibility anymore, right?
Yes that seems to have fixed it, at least the 3D Cell Editor.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

ZeGamingCuber wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

Alright, let me know if anything is still having problems.

ZeGamingCuber
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
ZeGamingCuber wrote:
rob55rod wrote: If you just switched to Origin, you'd have 1.7, which is less than optimal, but atleast for mods which have been updated recently, such as Dark Injection, it should be fine.

yes I just realized that whenever I try to enter the creature stage, the game crashes.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

ZeGamingCuber wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
ZeGamingCuber wrote:
yes I just realized that whenever I try to enter the creature stage, the game crashes.
...try uninstalling that Cell Editor mod.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Help”