Made a mouth and i'm looking for further help.

Post your mod requests/ideas here, not in with the actual mods.
NOTE: While the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
User avatar
MosileZ
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:57 am
Contact:

Made a mouth and i'm looking for further help.

Unread postby MosileZ » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:21 am

I made this very poor looking mouth my first attempt in making parts and I would like to see if anyone with more experience would be willing to help me make new parts? If there is anyone who can add in the necessary textures, stretches, stats and movements I would highly appreciate whatever you could do to help me make this a functioning part. Also, I would also be willing to make more parts If anyone would be willing to help me out with what was stated above.



https://www.mediafire.com/file/cspdd7pa ... /Doggo.sc1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
CamBen
Tech Support
Tech Support
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:26 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Made a mouth and i'm looking for further help.

Unread postby CamBen » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:47 am

oof, definitely going to want to use the "reduce" tool on that, there's definitely a lot of unnecessary vertices that will cause lag ingame.

As for continuing from there, learning Blender is to your benefit. It has tools for modeling, texturing, UV mapping, animation, rigging, etc, and it's also IIRC the tool used to convert models for spore's modded model format.

Chances are most people will not be willing to do the work for you, so there's no harm in learning it yourself.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3736
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Made a mouth and i'm looking for further help.

Unread postby rob55rod » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:12 pm

Adding to what CamBen said, while I certainly won't be doing anything for you, I'd be happy to show you how it's done.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
ThatDaisy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:51 pm

Re: Made a mouth and i'm looking for further help.

Unread postby ThatDaisy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:50 pm

MosileZ wrote:I made this very poor looking mouth my first attempt in making parts and I would like to see if anyone with more experience would be willing to help me make new parts? If there is anyone who can add in the necessary textures, stretches, stats and movements I would highly appreciate whatever you could do to help me make this a functioning part. Also, I would also be willing to make more parts If anyone would be willing to help me out with what was stated above.



https://www.mediafire.com/file/cspdd7pa ... /Doggo.sc1

Sure why not. It will be included in my lavaspore mod. If you have any other part requests just ask. I will add this at my next convenience.

User avatar
MosileZ
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:57 am
Contact:

Re: Made a mouth and i'm looking for further help.

Unread postby MosileZ » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:26 am

ThatDemonDavid wrote:
MosileZ wrote:I made this very poor looking mouth my first attempt in making parts and I would like to see if anyone with more experience would be willing to help me make new parts? If there is anyone who can add in the necessary textures, stretches, stats and movements I would highly appreciate whatever you could do to help me make this a functioning part. Also, I would also be willing to make more parts If anyone would be willing to help me out with what was stated above.



https://www.mediafire.com/file/cspdd7pa ... /Doggo.sc1

Sure why not. It will be included in my lavaspore mod. If you have any other part requests just ask. I will add this at my next convenience.



Ok nice, i can try to make more for you. i think i can make more

User avatar
Tubbybloxian
First Class
First Class
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:30 pm

Re: Made a mouth and i'm looking for further help.

Unread postby Tubbybloxian » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:08 am

CamBen wrote:oof, definitely going to want to use the "reduce" tool on that, there's definitely a lot of unnecessary vertices that will cause lag ingame.

As for continuing from there, learning Blender is to your benefit. It has tools for modeling, texturing, UV mapping, animation, rigging, etc, and it's also IIRC the tool used to convert models for spore's modded model format.

Chances are most people will not be willing to do the work for you, so there's no harm in learning it yourself.

That was CamBen's last message before CamBen left DavoOnline for now.
I wonder when CamBen is coming back, probably not for that long. :roll:
Image


Return to “Mod Request”