Creatures made with 2.1.1 not compatible

Squashed beyond recognition. Unlike real bugs, these weren't alive enough to be worth sparing.
DarkMagickan
Creature
Creature

Creatures made with 2.1.1 not compatible

Unread post by DarkMagickan »

Title says it all. Creatures I just made with the previous version are now coming up as incompatible.

If a toy from Toy Story died, the kids wouldn't know, and the other toys would have to watch them play with the corpse.
DarkMagickan
Creature
Creature

Re: Creatures made with 2.1.1 not compatible

Quick update. The incompatibility appears to be with Camben's Color Pack as well.

R.I.P. Florida Man.

Further update.

I am an idiot, and apparently deleted Camben's. However, certain creatures do still seem to be incompatible with the new version.

I'm confused now, and going to bed.
If a toy from Toy Story died, the kids wouldn't know, and the other toys would have to watch them play with the corpse.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

...how many creatures are affected? (Color pack aside, that is)
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
DarkMagickan
Creature
Creature

Certain copies of Florida Man are okay, while others are affected. Same with my Donald Trump, Dickbutt, and Gropaga creations. I can't figure out the pattern.

UPDATE: I think it's creatures I gave DI abilities that are suffering, but I'm not 100% sure.

FINAL UPDATE: The DI 9.r tools in the Creature Editor seem to be missing.
DarkMagickan
Creature
Creature

And in other, quite likely related news, I may have forgotten zzfoundation.package...

EDIT: No, that appears to be unrelated. However, the block-having creatures are now editable.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

If by "incompatible" you mean "shows a little lock icon on the small Sporepedia card", then yes, that would be due to the lack of a Foundation component installed. Also Spore sucks at realizing when to un-"lock" creations... ._.

[strike]When even your Private Beta testers can't get the install process right, you know an installer is warranted. Heh.[/strike]

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
TheRealTigrus879
Creature
Creature

Unread post by TheRealTigrus879 »

Hold up, 2.1.1.? Isn't this a new beta release for DI, or simply a typo? Pretty sure it's the latter.
Got nothing else, here's my old LBP2 avatar recreated in Spore
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

TheRealTigrus879 wrote:Hold up, 2.1.1.? Isn't this a new beta release for DI, or simply a typo? Pretty sure it's the latter.
Wrong, it's a Private Beta build.

TheRealTigrus879
Creature
Creature

Unread post by TheRealTigrus879 »

Oh, seemed to good to be true. :P
Got nothing else, here's my old LBP2 avatar recreated in Spore
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Fixed Bugs”