Dark Genetics v1: Halfway between Dark Injection and Spore!

Mods that combine many smaller mods or lonely mods that just have no place to go...
Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Re: Dark Genetics v1: Halfway between Dark Injection and Spore!

Unread post by Darhagonable »

Vaazerad wrote:
Darhagonable wrote:
Vaazerad wrote:Error 0x80004005 when trying to put the "CB_Dark_Genetics package" in DataEP1

Am i doing something wrong?..
Nope... Try restart your computer.
Tried, doesn't work :(
yey

Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

just an FYI. when I installed the mod, following the instructions in the OP I only had the core spore texture on the parts in the Dark Genetics tab. I solved it y having Dark genetics load first(several !!! in front) before my DI package. and adding zzz to the Arenas package BUT keeping it in the GA data folder. It's been working fine for me since I set up that configuration.

Figured I'd put it out there for those who follow the instructions but still have issues.

Edit: fixed some misspellings in this post.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

Snaid1 wrote:just an FYI. when I installed the mod, following the instructions in the OP I only had the core spore texture on the parts in the Dark Genetics tab. I solved it y having Dark genetics load first(several !!! in front) before my DI package. and adding zzz to the Arenas package BUT keeping it in the GA data folder. It's been working fine for me since I set up that configuration.

Figured I'd put it out there for those who follow the instructions but still have issues.

Edit: fixed some misspellings in this post.
CamBen wrote:4. If Dark Genetics does not take effect, rename Dark Injection to a lower load order, or rename Dark Genetics to a higher load order.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

sorry if it seemed like I didn't read your points. that wasn't my intention. I was more trying to point out that it only worked right for me keeping the arenas_texture package in my GA data folder even though the instructions say it should be in a different folder. I did read that part which is why I tried renaming the other packages in the first place.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

Ohhh ok now who's the one not reading posts correctly? XD

(Me lol)

Sorry if that came off as rude, I just thought it would be easier to quote it than to retype
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

agreed. it's cool. I've just seen enough posts throughout the forum of people that don't read the thread that I wanted to clarify.
Dark Genetics is awesome!
Static696
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Static696 »

what is BP1 or BP2 data
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Static696 wrote:what is BP1 or BP2 data
BP1 = Creepy and Cute
BP2 = Bot Parts
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Static696
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
Static696 wrote:what is BP1 or BP2 data
BP1 = Creepy and Cute
BP2 = Bot Parts
oh thank you

[(p.s mate you are a legend, like, how do you see posts that people have made in a span of about 2 seconds and also the mods you make wow)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Static696 wrote:oh thank you
Np :mrgreen:
Static696 wrote:how do you see posts that people have made in a span of about 2 seconds
I just keep a constant eye on the board, knowing that nobody likes to be left waiting.
Static696 wrote:also the mods you make wow
Um, thanks? I think?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Static696
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
Static696 wrote:oh thank you
Np :mrgreen:
Static696 wrote:how do you see posts that people have made in a span of about 2 seconds
I just keep a constant eye on the board, knowing that nobody likes to be left waiting.
Static696 wrote:also the mods you make wow
Um, thanks? I think?
:lol:
Shpore
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Shpore »

Do I need the arena files for this mod to work?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Shpore wrote:Do I need the arena files for this mod to work?
Yes. Note that the correct procedure for installing them for this mod may or may not wreak havoc on :di: 9.r , as this mod was built for v9...

Shpore
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Shpore »

rob55rod wrote:
Shpore wrote:Do I need the arena files for this mod to work?
Yes. Note that the correct procedure for installing them for this mod may or may not wreak havoc on :di: 9.r , as this mod was built for v9...
Okay, thank you.
DaxMarko
Cell
Cell

Unread post by DaxMarko »

Well, both mods (DI and DG) work perfectly fine together, at least for me. If this mod is still going, there's one issue with UI I'd like to address: In editor, the creature you are editing is centered, while the UI on the left covers almost half of screen. So the creature is placed very close to part picker UI on the left and it's very painful trying to rotate it around, neitheralone edit it. Yes, I do have a choice not to use the UI, but.. I really like it. All of ones that DI has are (unfortunately) completely broken for me and difficult to navigate.
Limit
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

DaxMarko wrote:Well, both mods (DI and DG) work perfectly fine together, at least for me. If this mod is still going, there's one issue with UI I'd like to address: In editor, the creature you are editing is centered, while the UI on the left covers almost half of screen. So the creature is placed very close to part picker UI on the left and it's very painful trying to rotate it around, neitheralone edit it. Yes, I do have a choice not to use the UI, but.. I really like it.
Uninstall the DI 9.r UI components if you are using another UI mod. Some of them would cause that to happen.
DaxMarko wrote:All of ones that DI has are (unfortunately) completely broken for me and difficult to navigate.
Don't worry, I've already made a great deal of progress in correcting that for the next update...

MrCat123
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by MrCat123 »

hi
Shpore
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Shpore »

I don't have BP1 or BP2 data, I only have GA and the Bot Parts mod. I got the Arena files but I don't have dark injection, does this mod require DI?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Shpore wrote:I don't have BP1 or BP2 data, I only have GA and the Bot Parts mod. I got the Arena files but I don't have dark injection, does this mod require DI?
No, it doesn't require DI.

Shpore
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Shpore »

rob55rod wrote:
Shpore wrote:I don't have BP1 or BP2 data, I only have GA and the Bot Parts mod. I got the Arena files but I don't have dark injection, does this mod require DI?
No, it doesn't require DI.
Ok, but I don't have BP1 or BP2 data, only Spore and Spore_Ep1
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Miscellaneous Mods”