Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
JarredValdes
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by JarredValdes »

I don't want to sound like an idiot or a noob, but I keep running into a problem.
When I go to save the creature I made, it will not save. When I remove all Dark Injection parts, I'm able to save it.
It's like, I can NOT save my creature with Dark Injection parts. Is that an actual bug, or is that suppose to happen?

I'm not really going to make demands here, I'm just wondering why this is happening, and if it is fixable.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

JarredValdes wrote:I don't want to sound like an idiot or a noob, but I keep running into a problem.
When I go to save the creature I made, it will not save. When I remove all Dark Injection parts, I'm able to save it.
It's like, I can NOT save my creature with Dark Injection parts. Is that an actual bug, or is that suppose to happen?

I'm not really going to make demands here, I'm just wondering why this is happening, and if it is fixable.
Did you install the Force Save mod or the Steam Force Save tweak? :lol:
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Static696
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Static696 »

I'm not sure if this is a part of this mod but if I use the 'bulbous Antenna'. The game just crashes! As I said I don't know if this is a part of this mod but do you know what I can do to fix this

it only affects on the blue version (what gets affected by zArenas.packages thing)
Attachments
spore in not so bae as you think.PNG
spore in not so bae as you think.PNG (7.09 KiB) Viewed 5901 times
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Static696 wrote:I'm not sure if this is a part of this mod but if I use the 'bulbous Antenna'. The game just crashes! As I said I don't know if this is a part of this mod but do you know what I can do to fix this

it only affects on the blue version (what gets affected by zArenas.packages thing)
Already fixed for Public Beta 2. Thanks though. If you find any other parts which crash the game like that, please tell me.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Static696
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
Static696 wrote:I'm not sure if this is a part of this mod but if I use the 'bulbous Antenna'. The game just crashes! As I said I don't know if this is a part of this mod but do you know what I can do to fix this

Already fixed for Public Beta 2. Thanks, though. If you find any other parts which crash the game like that, please tell me.

WAIT THERE ARE PUBLIC BETA 2!

were is the download, I looked on the website and nothing is different

or is it not available yet, I understand that it way take some (by some I mean a lot :) ) of time :D
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Static696 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

Already fixed for Public Beta 2. Thanks, though. If you find any other parts which crash the game like that, please tell me.

Uhhh
Static696 wrote:or is it not available yet, I understand that it way take some (by some I mean a lot :) ) of time :D
Yeah, I'm still working on it.

windblade
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by windblade »

waiting INTENSIFIES
Static696
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
Static696 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Already fixed for Public Beta 2. Thanks, though. If you find any other parts which crash the game like that, please tell me.

Uhhh
Static696 wrote:or is it not available yet, I understand that it way take some (by some I mean a lot :) ) of time :D
Yeah, I'm still working on it.
well let everyone know when it is ready
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Static696 wrote:well let everyone know when it is ready
Oh I will.

You wouldn't be able to miss the announcement if you tried, short of losing connection to the Internet as a whole :lol:

Static696
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:Oh I will.

You wouldn't be able to miss the announcement if you tried, short of losing connection to the Internet as a whole :lol:

so will the second release be like the final version or another beta

also is it possible that you could make the parts bigger, as in you can only make parts a certain size which is very irritating, I've tried looking the parts mod in the MANY .packages files but if I made the parts bigger it only made it big on one side and it never worked on modded parts. also, will public beta 2 (or final release I have no idea) mod have an installer?

p.s LOVING the work so far hope you keep it up :)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Static696 wrote:so will the second release be like the final version
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC5QupyxbXU[/youtube]
In all seriousness, though, definitely not. We've got a loooooooooong way to go before we're even at Release Candidates, nevermind the final product.

Static696 wrote:or another beta
Yeah

Static696 wrote:also is it possible that you could make the parts bigger, as in you can only make parts a certain size which is very irritating, I've tried looking the parts mod in the MANY .packages files but if I made the parts bigger it only made it big on one side and it never worked on modded parts.
Perhaps
Static696 wrote:also, will public beta 2 mod have an installer?
Probably
Static696 wrote:p.s LOVING the work so far hope you keep it up :)
:mrgreen:

TheFusionLad
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by TheFusionLad »

hate to ask a silly question, but in 9.r 1-1 and 1 i cant seem to find the normal abilities. the spheres that were invisible in-game that gave bite, dance, omnivore, etc. is there any way we could get just those as a package on its own in 9.r?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

TheFusionLad wrote:hate to ask a silly question, but in 9.r 1-1 and 1 i cant seem to find the normal abilities. the spheres that were invisible in-game that gave bite, dance, omnivore, etc. is there any way we could get just those as a package on its own in 9.r?
I believe the page containing those was inadvertently removed. That's a bug and has been fixed for Beta 2.

windblade
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by windblade »

you say beta 2 like it is ready and we still here waiting -_-
TheCluckingDuck
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by TheCluckingDuck »

What do the editor backgrounds in the that come with the .zip under "Options" look like?
sandwich kingdom
OctoSharkTasaurus
Cell
Cell

Unread post by OctoSharkTasaurus »

Not sure if this has been answered, but I can't engage creature stage. It just crashes when my cell swims away in the cutscene. Please help.
Spoiler
Why are you reading this? Go back to the post. Image
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

OctoSharkTasaurus wrote:Not sure if this has been answered, but I can't engage creature stage. It just crashes when my cell swims away in the cutscene. Please help.
Did this happen in previous releases? Do you have any other mods installed? If so, what are they?

OctoSharkTasaurus
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
OctoSharkTasaurus wrote:Not sure if this has been answered, but I can't engage creature stage. It just crashes when my cell swims away in the cutscene. Please help.
Did this happen in previous releases? Do you have any other mods installed? If so, what are they?
I am using other mods. List:
Spore resurrection next steps.
Cheap Cell Parts.
BoosterPack01 (I don't know wtf this is).
BP2_data, fairly sure that's the dr.pepper bot parts.
CanPlaceTribalToolsAnywhere
Platinum Spore 1.8.1
Strange And Beautiful.

I tried the most obvious ones, platinum spore, and I also removed the editor backgrounds.
Spoiler
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

OctoSharkTasaurus wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
I am using other mods. List:
Spore resurrection next steps.
Cheap Cell Parts.
BoosterPack01 (I don't know wtf this is).
BP2_data, fairly sure that's the dr.pepper bot parts.
CanPlaceTribalToolsAnywhere
Platinum Spore 1.8.1
Strange And Beautiful.

I tried the most obvious ones, platinum spore, and I also removed the editor backgrounds.
Uhhh...okay...
rob55rod wrote:Did this happen in previous releases?

OctoSharkTasaurus
Cell
Cell

Nope, never. I've had some bugs involving the camera in creature stage, that's all.
Spoiler
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”