Standalone Mod Requests

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
C-Rex
Creature
Creature

Standalone Mod Requests

Unread post by C-Rex »

Hello,

I've been playing with a few Spore mods recently, and was wondering if the following would be able to be implemented:

Better Colour Application to Creature Parts - If you're not sure what I mean, when adding detail to a creature's paint job, it will tint certain parts a specific colour. However, in the earlier version of spore, the tinting was much more noticeable, and better in my opinion. I've played with the Dark Injection mod so I know it is possible to edit the way parts are coloured. If you want an example, look at the eyes on this critter here: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/spo ... 0512104352

Bigger Nests in Creature Stage - I already downloaded Davo's Creature Overhaul, but I would prefer this part of it seperate.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Standalone Mod Requests

Unread post by rob55rod »

C-Rex wrote:Better Colour Application to Creature Parts - If you're not sure what I mean, when adding detail to a creature's paint job, it will tint certain parts a specific colour. However, in the earlier version of spore, the tinting was much more noticeable, and better in my opinion. I've played with the Dark Injection mod so I know it is possible to edit the way parts are coloured. If you want an example, look at the eyes on this critter here: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/spo ... 0512104352
Dark Injection was never supposed to affect that, that was a bug resulting from incorrect installation of the mod.

However, as of Dark Injection 9.r, those improved textures are available on copies of the original parts for both Core Spore and Creepy and Cute, though the latter is a bit incomplete.

This feature was actually pulled straight out of a cancelled update to the Dark Genetics mod by CamBen. However, my implementation uses Darkspore part models for the copied parts, meaning you also get the benefit of depth handles on some of them. I felt this was the best solution because it allows you to use the new models and textures without adversely affecting creations made without the mod.

As for having it separate from the rest of DI, that's what componentization is good for - as of Dark Injection 9.r, the entire mod is "componentized", or broken down into "components" so you can pick and choose which features you want. In fact, you could disable everything but the Darkspore-textured copies of the Core Spore and Creepy and Cute parts if you wanted and still retain full compatibility with other DI users' creations. Long story short, this request is already granted in a way :lol:
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

I'm gonna self plug and recommend my mod Dark Genetics, which does almost exactly that. All core spore creature parts are duplicated into ones that can recolor the way you specified.

viewtopic.php?t=5012

careful with the installation if you do use this, it tends to trip people up because of the way it is set up in multiple folders.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Camßεn wrote:I'm gonna self plug and recommend my mod Dark Genetics, which does almost exactly that. All core spore creature parts are duplicated into ones that can recolor the way you specified.

viewtopic.php?t=5012

careful with the installation if you do use this, it tends to trip people up because of the way it is set up in multiple folders.
Best part is, (as mentioned above) Dark Genetics and Dark Injection 9.r use the same filenames for those parts, meaning either mod's versions of those parts will work with the other mod. However, I chose not to recommend Dark Genetics for several reasons:

1. Installing it is more finicky than Dark Injection 9.r
2. You don't get the benefit of depth handles with Dark Genetics, whereas you do with 9.r
3. The last released version of Dark Genetics doesn't support mouths or Creepy and Cute parts. The former was taken from the cancelled Dark Genetics 2 for Dark Injection 9.r , while the latter is entirely new to Dark Injection 9.r
4. Dark Genetics doesn't allow you to disable its other features and have only these parts, while Dark Injection 9.r does

That having been said, Dark Genetics is still an excellent mod and if you want tons of new content, I recommend using it alongside Dark Injection 9.r

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

agreed, except for #2. i use depth handles on every part for maximum part adjustment capabilities so this isn't really applicable, it uses whatever version of the parts you've got installed, with or without handles

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Camßεn wrote:agreed, except for #2. i use depth handles on every part for maximum part adjustment capabilities so this isn't really applicable, it uses whatever version of the parts you've got installed, with or without handles
1. Having those handles on the stock parts means you've installed DI incorrectly
2. Having those handles on the stock parts also breaks compatibility with unmodded creations

C-Rex
Creature
Creature

Unread post by C-Rex »

Well I installed the DI mod you suggested and it kind of made the creature editor glitch out, so I ended up removing it unfortunately.

I actually downloaded SporeMaster recently and used it to put a pre-made mod into the game. However, I'd like to tweak the mod but there is nothing in the files within SporeMaster that resembles English language. Can anyone help? The mod actually makes the Creature nests bigger but I want to tweak it so that the Rogues aren't affected.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

C-Rex wrote:Well I installed the DI mod you suggested and it kind of made the creature editor glitch out, so I ended up removing it unfortunately.
You know, it would've been a lot more helpful if you'd reported that so I could fix it. It's a beta, so of course there are bugs, but I need to know about them before I can fix them. What do you mean it made the creature editor "glitch out"? Mind being a little more specific? (Or rather, as specific as possible, perhaps including a screenshot of the problem as well)

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:
Camßεn wrote:agreed, except for #2. i use depth handles on every part for maximum part adjustment capabilities so this isn't really applicable, it uses whatever version of the parts you've got installed, with or without handles
1. Having those handles on the stock parts means you've installed DI incorrectly
2. Having those handles on the stock parts also breaks compatibility with unmodded creations
well if installing the mod incorrectly gives me extra control over the parts then i'm all for it.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Camßεn wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
well if installing the mod incorrectly gives me extra control over the parts then i'm all for it.
...well your game doesn't automatically download other players' creations, so of course you wouldn't mind.

C-Rex
Creature
Creature

Unread post by C-Rex »

I apologise for not going into further detail regarding the glitches. I posted a video of them to my YouTube channel - you can watch it below by clicking on the link (I cannot get the YouTube code to work).

The files I installed were !!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_CoreSporePartCopies.package, !!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_CreepyAndCute.package, !!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_Text-Darkspore.package and !!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_zzFoundation_LC.package.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm9fUKtOlnA[/youtube]
rob55rod edit: Fixed video embed.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

C-Rex wrote:I apologise for not going into further detail regarding the glitches. I posted a video of them to my YouTube channel - you can watch it below by clicking on the link (I cannot get the YouTube code to work).

The files I installed were !!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_CoreSporePartCopies.package, !!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_CreepyAndCute.package, !!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_Text-Darkspore.package and !!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_zzFoundation_LC.package.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm9fUKtOlnA[/youtube]
Ah, right. Thank you. I think I may know why that happened. For now, you should be able to fix it by installing the CoreCategories component. This will also add a few other categories containing parts normally only available in other editors, but it's only 3 or 4 categories. That will also be fixed for Beta 2.

Also to use the youtube BBCode tag, just copy the video URL, paste it in inbetween the tags, and change the "https" at the beginning to just "http".

C-Rex
Creature
Creature

Unread post by C-Rex »

Thanks for the help rob55rod.

Camben, do you ever plan on releasing the components of Dark Genetics separately? I'd love the option to attach graspers to the end of the spine in the Creature Creator but don't want the other features.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

i don't, it's kinda a prepackaged deal and I don't really do spore modding anymore.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”