Creature
Creature

AdvancedLife v0.32

Unread post by Obliivious »

AdvancedLife Version 0.32

Changelog:
Spoiler
Version 0.32
Reduced player health and energy multipliers significantly.
Reduced ally health modifiers significantly.
Increased enemy health modifiers for more advanced civilizations noticeably.
Spoiler
Version 0.31
Weapons were completely rebalanced because they were too OP.
Energy costs rebalanced because autoblasters used 90% energy on first blast and lasers used almost nothing.
Tooltips edited to shows relevant stats about weapons before description.
Weapon badge requirements were changed because it was too easy to get powerful late-game weapons.
Tool/badge/rares menu has been fixed so items appear properly (were in wrong place and popping off window).
Added non-standard items to the tool/badge/rare menu so that players can check to see whether they have been unlocked.
Easier difficulty settings may experience faster spice production and increased player spaceship health.

Included in Version 0.32:

Miscellaneous Modifications:
Spoiler
Player UFO is now much larger and easier to see, and conveniently moves faster through space.

Colony spice storage has been doubled to incentivize expanding your empire and terraforming planets to serve that agenda.

Energy upgrades yield much more energy capacity, but late-game tool energy costs are significantly increased. This allows for a realistic increase in energy prices and energy consumption as your civilization becomes more advanced.

A 6th Interstellar Drive upgrade called Trans-Warp Drive will remove all travel limits for late-game civilizations. Travel to stars within your targetable horizon.

Cities are much less likely to explode to overkill when captured by indiscriminate bombing, but you may still manually destroy them if you wish. If you make an honest living selling spices, sparing the cities on a homeworld may be a more lucrative option.

Staff of Life is infinite, but costs 150,000 sporebucks per use. This is the ultimate solution for a spice trading civilization, and a wonderful diplomatic tool as well.

Planet Buster and Fanatic Frenzy now cost 5,000,000 sporebucks per use. Ouch! Use them wisely.
Weapons and Weapon Types (replaces core Spore items):

--Laser Arrays--
Spoiler
AR-1 Minus
A weak, rapid-firing phase-pulse cannon. Precise, but underwhelming. Your tactical officer rigged this laser system her first year in Space Academy.

AR-2 Terminus
A medium strength, precision weapon that comes standard on most space vessels. It appears to be based on your tactical officer’s skillful designs.

AR-3 Xenon
The Homeworld has restricted use of this beam weapon to naval vessels only. It looks like the Science Academy has found a way to increase the energy output of a standard laser array.

AR-4 Maximus
The angular confinement system has been compromised to allow for a more powerful beam. While your trigger happy tactical officer approves, the Health and Safety Board has warned you that it may not be effective for precision animal kills.

Starfall MXI
Indisputably the most dangerous laser weapon ever invented. It's owner could bring the universe to it's knees. Definitely not a precision weapon.
--Turret Contols--
Spoiler
D2 Barracuda
A nuclear powered auto blaster. With experimental new technology, this neat little turret will keep you safe. Very rarely does the nuclear containment field collapse...

Skuld ATR
The Skuld ATR was banned from many empires because it utilizes a harmonic frequency that jams shielding technology. With this blaster, you'll cut through their defenses like rettub. Wait, what's that?

M4 Vaporizor
The Science Academy has constructed a new defense turret based on the Skuld frame and technology recovered from the mysterious Transphasic Bomb system. Since the battery cannons are out of phase with normal time, your turret will experience a faster fire-rate.
--Torpedo Launchers--
Spoiler
Photon Torpedo
A weak torpedo, invented 10,000 years ago by a long since dead civilization. Your tactical officer thinks it will still work, however.

Quantum Torpedo
A powerful and modern torpedo system. Intelligence confirms that several known races also possess this technology.

Anti-Matter Torpedo
After studying some debris from a damaged Grox vessel, the Science Academy believes they have discovered the concepts behind its destructive weapons technology. With great reluctance and a push from the Security Division, the Science Academy has designed a weapon that combines matter and anti-matter to create a devastating explosion.

Transphasic Torpedo
An anti-spaceship warhead that phases directly though enemy shields and detonates with a force powerful enough to rip a hole in space. Any nearby objects would be incinerated. The Science Academy believes it was invented 800 years in the future.
--Bomb Systems--
Spoiler
Penetration Bomb
An unguided bomb, capable of damaging vehicles and buildings. A weapon of war this is not.

Atomic Bomb
A bomb who's detonation splits apart an atom. The resulting force is powerful enough to destroy a large portion of a city. Decent for interstellar misunderstandings.

Anti-Matter Bomb
A bomb that combines matter and anti-matter together to create an explosion large enough to destroy an entire city. The blueprints for this weapon were created based on the Science Academy’s designs for the anti-matter torpedo system.

Transphasic Bomb
Your tactical officer can’t even identify all of the metal alloys involved in its construction. According to the manual conveniently included, the detonation matrix shatters time; unleashing an unparalleled force capable of destroying a civilization in seconds.

Red Matter Bomb
Banned by the intergalactic code, this devastating weapon forms a black hole upon detonation, which quickly destroys entire planets.
--Pulse Cannons--
Spoiler
Niriai-A
Fires a confined burst of energy in a single direction. The Science Academy assures you that this weapon can be used against T0 and T1 colonies, but you are convinced that it will only be useful in destroying land and sea vehicles.

Niriai-B
Because laser arrays drain too much energy from your system, the Science Academy has developed a standard circuit which allows your ship to fire rapid pulses from the deflector. The Science Academy says it will be most effective on T2 colonies.

Niriai-Ultima
After several years of hard work, the Science Academy has discovered a way to amplify the damage output of the Niriai model while decreasing the charge rate of the deflector dish. Your tactical officer is out of her mind with joy. Even T3 colonies are not safe from this abomination.
--Flak Cannons--
Spoiler
SSD Flak Cannon
Found only in older frigate models, the Flak Cannon was predominantly used as a defence weapon and is still capable of dealing heavy damage in a radius.
Space Tools & Tweaks:

--Tweaks--
Spoiler
Global Mind Erase
I added this tool to the upgrade list of Mind Erase.

Planet Scan
I added this tool to the upgrade list of Scan.
--New--
Spoiler
Laser Scalpel
Designed by the Health and Saftey Board to make precise kills on diseased animals. The Board was concerned that you were eradicating whole populations.
Downloads
[v0.32] https://www.mediafire.com/file/c0116cb3 ... ckage/file
[v0.31] https://www.mediafire.com/?alz3j776lzsw131
[v0.30] http://www.mediafire.com/download/81r2j ... fe.package
[v0.20] http://www.mediafire.com/download/n8aa8 ... e_v0.2.rar
[v0.10] http://www.mediafire.com/download/duam3 ... edLife.rar
Last edited by Obliivious on Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:18 pm, edited 33 times in total.

Image Image created by Rob55rod.
florentinenoble
Tribal
Tribal

Re: AdvancedLife v0.2

Unread post by florentinenoble »

This is one of the best space mods I've ever used, and I'm really glad that it works with BetterSpore (I just wanted to try it out to see if it worked). Thank you so much for making this! :D
[img]http://www.davoonline.com/
sporemodder/rob55rod/DI_9r/
DI9r_subforum_emblem.png[/img]
Obliivious
Creature
Creature

spikd_telecaster wrote:This is one of the best space mods I've ever used, and I'm really glad that it works with BetterSpore (I just wanted to try it out to see if it worked). Thank you so much for making this! :D
My pleasure :D , I still have this mod file, and have been making tweaks. Let me know if you would be interested in an update to this mod.
ChitinBirds
Cell
Cell

Unread post by ChitinBirds »

I don't really like the fact that the main file replaces colony walls with Grox walls; kinda degrades the uniqueness of the Grox. Maybe you could merge it with one of the Grox expansions or create a new component?
Obliivious
Creature
Creature

TRDev wrote:I don't really like the fact that the main file replaces colony walls with Grox walls; kinda degrades the uniqueness of the Grox. Maybe you could merge it with one of the Grox expansions or create a new component?
Thanks for mentioning this. I have already changed this on my file.
You will see this change in my next update post (I'm excited, there's so many changes!)

While I'm at it, is there anything else you like/dislike?
ChitinBirds
Cell
Cell

Unread post by ChitinBirds »

Obliivious wrote: Thanks for mentioning this. I have already changed this on my file.
You will see this change in my next update post (I'm excited, there's so many changes!)

There's not much that I can say about this mod yet, as I am still exploring its features.
I have, however, noticed a typo in the Quantum Torpedo's name. In-game it's spelled "Quantom" whereas it should be "Quantum" (unless that was intentional?).
Obliivious
Creature
Creature

TRDev wrote:
Obliivious wrote: Thanks for mentioning this. I have already changed this on my file.

There's not much that I can say about this mod yet, as I am still exploring its features.
I have, however, noticed a typo in the Quantum Torpedo's name. In-game it's spelled "Quantom" whereas it should be "Quantum" (unless that was intentional?).
It was not intentional. I will look for it, thanks.
Obliivious
Creature
Creature

Re: AdvancedLife v0.3

I am nearly done with the new update to the mod. I look forward to releasing it soon. I have updated the OP so that it now shows the features of the up and coming release. Please let me know your thoughts, should anyone spend the time looking over the notes.
florentinenoble
Tribal
Tribal

awesome! cant wait for the update.
Obliivious
Creature
Creature

spikd_telecaster wrote:awesome! cant wait for the update.
I have released both version 0.30 and version 0.31, since a hotfix was needed. Please let me know if there are further tweaks I can make (I haven't made a complete play through of my own content yet; I was hoping to release it as soon as possible).
florentinenoble
Tribal
Tribal

Re: AdvancedLife v0.31

okay, sweet. i'll download it when i can.
Obliivious
Creature
Creature

spikd_telecaster wrote:okay, sweet. i'll download it when i can.
Great! Let me know how it goes.
GrizzlyCreature
Cell
Cell

Unread post by GrizzlyCreature »

Oh boy, this seems cool. Does it inflict with DI 9.r?
Image "It doesn't matter if you are plasma based or an amoeba. One thing you do makes everything more fragile. That's why my species is lucky."
Obliivious
Creature
Creature

Proposed Weapon System (In-Progress):

Note - there is no longer an upgrade system, just whatever you choose / can afford.

Class 1
Protovolt (Terran) - 40 DMG, 0.2 NRG, 200m RNG | "The beginning of a star."
Anomolus (Terran) - 30 DMG, 0.1 NRG, 350m RNG | "A paradox of energy and range."
Truth (Spode) - 40 DMG, 0.5 NRG, 500m RNG | "You can't escape the Truth."
Regret (Spode) - 60 DMG, 0.3 NRG, 300m RNG | "Only fools challenge Spode."
Y'suuk [èe sook] (Precursor) - 80 DMG, 0.8 NRG, 450m RNG | "Y'suuk acamari aprobatu (Death awaits the weak)."

Class 2
Nebulus (Terran) -
Graviton (Terran) -
Vision (Spode) -
Fury (Spode) -
G'avani [yuh váhn ee] (Precursor) -

Class 3
Novus-Corvae (Terran) -
Singularity (Terran) -
Convergence (Spode) -
Wrath (Spode) -

Class 3x
Sol (Terran) -
Tumult (Terran) -
Absolution (Spode) -
A'morak [uh móre ahk] (Percursor) -

Class 4
Starfall MXI (Terran) - 400 DMG, 15 NRG, 800m RNG | "The culmination of 100 billion years."
Chroniton V (Terran) - 300 DMG, 10 NRG, 1km RNG | "Only time causes energy to disperse."
Salvation (Spode) - 400 DMG, 18 NRG, 1km RNG | "All will feel the love of Spode."
Condemnation (Spode) - 600, 15 NRG, 600m RNG | "No civilization stands apart from Spode."
K'vorta [kuh vòre tuh] (Precursor) - 400 DMG, 20 NRG, 1.2km RNG | "K'vorta y'suuk (Victory or death)."
9994 [nie nie nie vôrūs] (Grox) - 800 DMG, 25 NRG 1km RNG | "‡Õº‰?Ä%å (Resistance is futile)."
Last edited by Obliivious on Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:08 am, edited 10 times in total.
Obliivious
Creature
Creature

GrizzlyCreature wrote:Oh boy, this seems cool. Does it inflict with DI 9.r?
I haven't tried this, but I don't think they interfere with each other. I believe they work together.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Obliivious wrote:
GrizzlyCreature wrote:Oh boy, this seems cool. Does it inflict with DI 9.r?
I haven't tried this, but I don't think they interfere with each other. I believe they work together.
They shouldn't. And if they do, I need to know so I can try to fix that.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Obliivious
Creature
Creature

rob55rod wrote:
Obliivious wrote:I haven't tried this, but I don't think they interfere with each other. I believe they work together.
Wait, shouldn't interfere or shouldn't work together? :?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Obliivious wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Obliivious wrote:I haven't tried this, but I don't think they interfere with each other. I believe they work together.
Wait, shouldn't interfere or shouldn't work together? :?
Shouldn't conflict. Sorry about the confusion there :lol:
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Darkstorm
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Darkstorm »

Really Good Mod, Probably the best Space stage mod i have come across. However I can't see any change in the size of the UFO.

(I wonder why does Skuld ATR sound familiar to me.....)
N Your
E Worst
R Nightmare
R Is
U Unleashed
P On
P 22nd
U July

D Be
A Cautious
Obliivious
Creature
Creature

Darkstorm wrote:Really Good Mod, Probably the best Space stage mod i have come across. However I can't see any change in the size of the UFO.

(I wonder why does Skuld ATR sound familiar to me.....)
Hmmm it's been a while since I worked on that portion of the mod. Perhaps I removed the space ship size change because it was interfering with AI pulse-laser weapons (they couldn't figure out how to orbit my massive ship, so they never settled down to open fire). I will look into this and figure out the optimum size where the AI can still fire their weapons.

As for the Skuld, it's probably familiar because it bears a striking resemblance to another game I really like to play -- Galaxy on Fire 2. Should I rename it to something less similar?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “» Stage - Space”