Patch and animation problems

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Patch and animation problems

Unread post by rob55rod »

grandrice wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
grandrice wrote: Because right above the thread it says:
What the...

Okay, hold on, let me fix that.

So origin is doing it's usually thing of breaking sh*t whenever possible.
It says I can't install C&c until spore is uninstalled.
I have never, ever heardd that before, I would rather not reinstall spore again, is this true?
Well no, that's never been true.

Then again, C&C includes patch 2...

...you just installed patch 5.1...

...why is this stuff so inconsistent? >.<

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by grandrice »

rob55rod wrote:
grandrice wrote:
rob55rod wrote: What the...

Okay, hold on, let me fix that.

So origin is doing it's usually thing of breaking sh*t whenever possible.
It says I can't install C&c until spore is uninstalled.
I have never, ever heardd that before, I would rather not reinstall spore again, is this true?
Well no, that's never been true.

Then again, C&C includes patch 2...

...you just installed patch 5.1...

...why is this stuff so inconsistent? >.<
SO what do I do?
New and Awesome Space tools Mod: Adds incredibly powerful tools to the space game: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5589&p=24221#p24221
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Ok,I miss read majorly. It says I must uninstall spore before UNINSTALLING c&c. It's not installed though. What now?
cant I just put BoosterPack_01.package somewhere to install it?
New and Awesome Space tools Mod: Adds incredibly powerful tools to the space game: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5589&p=24221#p24221
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

grandrice wrote:Ok,I miss read majorly. It says I must uninstall spore before UNINSTALLING c&c. It's not installed though. What now?
cant I just put BoosterPack_01.package somewhere to install it?
nevermind, another registry needed to be deleted.
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

C&c not installing successfully. Where do I put BoosterPack_01?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

grandrice wrote:C&c not installing successfully. Where do I put BoosterPack_01?
Core Spore data folder, probably

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Spore\Data

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Spore GA is not installing. The Licence Agreement comes up blank and then it says the installation failed.
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

GA installed. Same animation bug, same patc bug. Origin installer is actually worse at installing games than a potato.
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Ok, I've narrowed down the problem to GA. With spore and C&C, all things run properly. However, I noticed that when I was updating to patch 1.5, it tried updating GA, even though it wasn't installed. Ga doesn't install anymore, which I think is related to the patcher thinking it was. I deleted GA's Installshield Instructions folder, and that's usually the cause of things thinking it still exists. I searched on my computer and the only traces of GA are in sporemaster unpacked files. Any ideas?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

grandrice wrote:Ok, I've narrowed down the problem to GA. With spore and C&C, all things run properly. However, I noticed that when I was updating to patch 1.5, it tried updating GA, even though it wasn't installed. Ga doesn't install anymore, which I think is related to the patcher thinking it was. I deleted GA's Installshield Instructions folder, and that's usually the cause of things thinking it still exists. I searched on my computer and the only traces of GA are in sporemaster unpacked files. Any ideas?
Uhh...idk...

EDIT: Did you try copying the Core Spore packages to your GA data folder?

grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:
grandrice wrote:Ok, I've narrowed down the problem to GA. With spore and C&C, all things run properly. However, I noticed that when I was updating to patch 1.5, it tried updating GA, even though it wasn't installed. Ga doesn't install anymore, which I think is related to the patcher thinking it was. I deleted GA's Installshield Instructions folder, and that's usually the cause of things thinking it still exists. I searched on my computer and the only traces of GA are in sporemaster unpacked files. Any ideas?
Uhh...idk...

No I fixed it
Everything is working great.
Holy sht that was an ordeal.
I might put up a tutorial later of how to download spore through origin, but right now I'm really exhausted. I recommend staying away from origin if possible for everyone.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

grandrice wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Uhh...idk...

No I fixed it
I might put up a tutorial later of how to download spore through origin, but right now I'm really exhausted. I recommend staying away from origin if possible for everyone.
k

Well I'm not going to recommend Steam over Origin, and apparently nobody but myself buys retail anymore.

grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:
grandrice wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Uhh...idk...

No I fixed it
k

Well I'm not going to recommend Steam over Origin, and apparently nobody but myself buys retail anymore.
I recommend Retail if possible, but sometimes Origin is just unavoidable.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

grandrice wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
grandrice wrote: No I fixed it
k

Yeah. Retail is ideal in terms of reliability. But Origin wins in convenience (no disk required) and availability (it's free if you have Steam Spore). Steam Spore wins in price tag and loses in literally everything else. I wish they'd just pull it and replace it with an Origin Spore redirect or something -_-

grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:
grandrice wrote:
rob55rod wrote: k

Yeah. Retail is ideal in terms of reliability. But Origin wins in convenience (no disk required) and availability (it's free if you have Steam Spore). Steam Spore wins in price tag and loses in literally everything else. I wish they'd just pull it and replace it with an Origin Spore redirect or something -_-
But steam is simply click download and your good. Origin, you have to manually do a ton of stuff, and move files around, etc. It's terrible. Steam is the best if you don't plan on modding.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

grandrice wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
grandrice wrote: I recommend Retail if possible, but sometimes Origin is just unavoidable.
But steam is simply click download and your good. Origin, you have to manually do a ton of stuff, and move files around, etc. It's terrible. Steam is the best if you don't plan on modding.
Or patching the game. Or sharing creations. Or logging in. Or playing the game. Or making stuff. Or generating new save data on Windows 8 or newer. Or opening the game. Because yes, Steam Spore has issues with all of those in some cases. Installing is literally the only part of it which works reliably.

(The Windows 8+ save data regeneration issue isn't Steam Spore-exclusive, Steam just makes it harder to get around)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”