Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by rob55rod »

Heroprime2000 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Heroprime2000 wrote:Well, I'm having a problem
The only parts that i can use in the mod are teh Robotic parts, the other simply don't appear
Do you have Galactic Adventures? Is it fully patched to version 1.5.1? Where did you install the mod to? If you installed the DI 9.r open beta, which components did you install?
Fully patched, all expansions packs, Steamapps/Common/Spore/data

also, using the "Stable" version.
That would do it. If you have Galactic Adventures (which you evidently do), you should be installing to "/SteamApps/common/Spore/DataEP1".

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
PAS
Cell
Cell

Unread post by PAS »

rob55rod wrote:
Heroprime2000 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Do you have Galactic Adventures? Is it fully patched to version 1.5.1? Where did you install the mod to? If you installed the DI 9.r open beta, which components did you install?
Fully patched, all expansions packs, Steamapps/Common/Spore/data

That would do it. If you have Galactic Adventures (which you evidently do), you should be installing to "/SteamApps/common/Spore/DataEP1".
Well, thanks!
I don't understand why some mods only work on "DataEp1" and other only on "Data", maybe because the ones on Data are compatible with both Spore and GA and DataEp1 only with GA
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Heroprime2000 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Heroprime2000 wrote: Fully patched, all expansions packs, Steamapps/Common/Spore/data

Well, thanks!
I don't understand why some mods only work on "DataEp1" and other only on "Data", maybe because the ones on Data are compatible with both Spore and GA and DataEp1 only with GA
No, all mods should go in DataEP1 unless they are supposed to be partially overridden by the Core Game packages. It's alphabetical through DataEP1, then alphabetical through Data. If a mod is supposed to go in Data, the mod's author will say so, in the thread and/or an included readme. If not specified, assume DataEP1. But always read the instructions :lol:

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
PAS
Cell
Cell

Unread post by PAS »

rob55rod wrote:
Heroprime2000 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: That would do it. If you have Galactic Adventures (which you evidently do), you should be installing to "/SteamApps/common/Spore/DataEP1".
Well, thanks!
No, all mods should go in DataEP1 unless they are supposed to be partially overridden by the Core Game packages. It's alphabetical through DataEP1, then alphabetical through Data. If a mod is supposed to go in Data, the mod's author will say so, in the thread and/or an included readme. If not specified, assume DataEP1. But always read the instructions :lol:
Now the only thing i want is to be able to have real Infinite Complexity, how does Rebecca1208 get the infinite complexity?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Heroprime2000 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Heroprime2000 wrote: Well, thanks!
Now the only thing i want is to be able to have real Infinite Complexity, how does Rebecca1208 get the infinite complexity?
Did you install the NC ("No Complexity limit") version of the mod? :lol:

PAS
Cell
Cell

Unread post by PAS »

rob55rod wrote:
Heroprime2000 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: No, all mods should go in DataEP1 unless they are supposed to be partially overridden by the Core Game packages. It's alphabetical through DataEP1, then alphabetical through Data. If a mod is supposed to go in Data, the mod's author will say so, in the thread and/or an included readme. If not specified, assume DataEP1. But always read the instructions :lol:
Yeah, i thing it's a bg in my Spore :/
Also, thanks for asnwering me on Youtube :lol:
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Heroprime2000 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Heroprime2000 wrote: Now the only thing i want is to be able to have real Infinite Complexity, how does Rebecca1208 get the infinite complexity?
Wait...it isn't just your Spore.

It's Steam Spore in general.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CEUBQE6itA[/youtube]

PAS
Cell
Cell

Unread post by PAS »

rob55rod wrote:
Heroprime2000 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Did you install the NC ("No Complexity limit") version of the mod? :lol:

Already did that to have a Spore Account, so, to most mods to work i must have the origin version?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Heroprime2000 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Heroprime2000 wrote: Yeah, i thing it's a bg in my Spore :/

Already did that to have a Spore Account, so, to most mods to work i must have the origin version?
Well...long story short: Mods don't work on Steam Spore. They work on any other version of the game (Origin or Disk).

PAS
Cell
Cell

Unread post by PAS »

rob55rod wrote:
Heroprime2000 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Wait...it isn't just your Spore.

Well...long story short: Mods don't work on Steam Spore. They work on any other version of the game (Origin or Disk).
Well, now that i installed the origin version, it crashes, even winthout mods, i noticed that it installed the game and expansion in different folders
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Heroprime2000 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Heroprime2000 wrote: Already did that to have a Spore Account, so, to most mods to work i must have the origin version?
Well, now that i installed the origin version, it crashes, even winthout mods, i noticed that it installed the game and expansion in different folders
Uninstall the whole thing, reinstall ONLY Core Spore from Origin, launch Core Spore, then once that finishes opening, close it and reinstall all patches, DLC, mods, etc.

PAS
Cell
Cell

Unread post by PAS »

rob55rod wrote:
Heroprime2000 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Well...long story short: Mods don't work on Steam Spore. They work on any other version of the game (Origin or Disk).
Uninstall the whole thing, reinstall ONLY Core Spore from Origin, launch Core Spore, then once that finishes opening, close it and reinstall all patches, DLC, mods, etc.
I'm really sorry for being so annoying, but now, it crashes(Core Spore) on startup
[Exception info]
date: 06-05-16
time: 13.30.20
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x090c0000
address: 0x005a60b2 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Spore\SporeBin\SporeApp.exe":0x0001:0x001a50b2
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Heroprime2000 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Heroprime2000 wrote: Well, now that i installed the origin version, it crashes, even winthout mods, i noticed that it installed the game and expansion in different folders
I'm really sorry for being so annoying, but now, it crashes(Core Spore) on startup
[Exception info]
address: 0x005a60b2 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Spore\SporeBin\SporeApp.exe":0x0001:0x001a50b2
Hmm...try running it as an administrator. If that fails, try Windows Vista and/or XP compatibility mode. Just don't install any patches until Core Spore is up and running without them.

PAS
Cell
Cell

Unread post by PAS »

rob55rod wrote:
Heroprime2000 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Uninstall the whole thing, reinstall ONLY Core Spore from Origin, launch Core Spore, then once that finishes opening, close it and reinstall all patches, DLC, mods, etc.
[Exception info]
Hmm...try running it as an administrator. If that fails, try Windows Vista and/or XP compatibility mode. Just don't install any patches until Core Spore is up and running without them.
Nothing seems to work, and when i try to uninstall, it doesn't appear on Add/Remove programs
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Heroprime2000 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Heroprime2000 wrote: I'm really sorry for being so annoying, but now, it crashes(Core Spore) on startup
[Exception info]
Nothing seems to work, and when i try to uninstall, it doesn't appear on Add/Remove programs
Oh.

That might actually be part of the issue. Try uninstalling it through Origin. If that fails (or isn't available), try going to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Spore\Support" and running "SPORE(TM)_uninst.exe".

PAS
Cell
Cell

Unread post by PAS »

rob55rod wrote:
Heroprime2000 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Hmm...try running it as an administrator. If that fails, try Windows Vista and/or XP compatibility mode. Just don't install any patches until Core Spore is up and running without them.
Oh.

That might actually be part of the issue. Try uninstalling it through Origin. If that fails (or isn't available), try going to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Spore\Support" and running "SPORE(TM)_uninst.exe".
I think i found the problem, there is no Spore SPORE(TM)_uninst.exe
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Heroprime2000 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Heroprime2000 wrote: Nothing seems to work, and when i try to uninstall, it doesn't appear on Add/Remove programs
Oh.

Wait what??

Okay, that's definitely a problem...can you please post screenshots of everything in the Sporebin and Data folders, in details view (so I can see the file sizes and such)

PAS
Cell
Cell

Unread post by PAS »

rob55rod wrote:
Heroprime2000 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Oh.

Wait what??

Okay, that's definitely a problem...can you please post screenshots of everything in the Sporebin and Data folders, in details view (so I can see the file sizes and such)
No need to do that anymore, i had a backup of my Spore before uninstalling it, after moving the files to the actual Spore, it worked
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Heroprime2000 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Heroprime2000 wrote: I think i found the problem, there is no Spore SPORE(TM)_uninst.exe
Wait what??

No need to do that anymore, i had a backup of my Spore before uninstalling it, after moving the files to the actual Spore, it worked
Wait, wat? So...is everything up and running now? Or do you mean the uninstall process worked?

PAS
Cell
Cell

Unread post by PAS »

rob55rod wrote:
Heroprime2000 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Wait what??

Wait, wat? So...is everything up and running now? Or do you mean the uninstall process worked?
Yeah, and not because of the Uninstall.
I Think that Origin failed to intall all the files
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”