Dark Injection dev log

The modificaton of parts, models and abilities.
sporenoob3
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Dark Injection 9.r - MINI-RELEASE NOW AVAILABLE

Unread post by sporenoob3 »

there is a problem with mine it says that the mod includes new parts but i didnt get them so what did i do wrong davo can you helpme please???

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

sporenoob3 wrote:there is a problem with mine it says that the mod includes new parts but i didnt get them so what did i do wrong davo can you helpme please???
Hold on...the entire mod, or just this mini-release?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
sporenoob3
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote:
sporenoob3 wrote:there is a problem with mine it says that the mod includes new parts but i didnt get them so what did i do wrong davo can you helpme please???
i think the entire mod
here is the link i used : http://davoonline.com/sporemodder/rob55 ... /DI9r.html
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

sporenoob3 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
i think the entire mod
here is the link i used : http://davoonline.com/sporemodder/rob55 ... /DI9r.html
...linking to a page which contains the links for both doesn't tell me anything -_-

Which files did you download from that page?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
sporenoob3
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote:
sporenoob3 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Hold on...the entire mod, or just this mini-release?
i think the entire mod
...linking to a page which contains the links for both doesn't tell me anything -_-

i used Arenas_RDX9.package (C)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

sporenoob3 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
sporenoob3 wrote:
i think the entire mod

Is that the only one? If so, easy fix - you didn't actually download the mod :lol:

You need all of these:
Arenas_RDX9.package (C)
Arenas_Textures.package (C)
2013_DI.package (C) or 2013_DI_NC.package (C) (I recommend the latter of the two)
!2015_DI_NC_9_r_MiniRelease1.package (C?) (Well okay, this one is optional, BUT THE MORE PARTS THE MERRIER, RIGHT?)

sporenoob3
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote:
sporenoob3 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: ...linking to a page which contains the links for both doesn't tell me anything -_-

Is that the only one? If so, easy fix - you didn't actually download the mod :lol:

You need all of these:
Arenas_RDX9.package (C)
Arenas_Textures.package (C)
2013_DI.package (C) or 2013_DI_NC.package (C) (I recommend the latter of the two)
!2015_DI_NC_9_r_MiniRelease1.package (C?) (Well okay, this one is optional, BUT THE MORE PARTS THE MERRIER, RIGHT?)
thanks man i am verry happy with tis mod now
DarkEdgeTV
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by DarkEdgeTV »

Idea / Suggestion
(made that big so we know it's not another "help me!" post)

I am really beginning to appreciate the category of textureless parts and finding more uses for them, and I was hoping we could take it a step further if possible. At the moment I see it's mostly Darkspore parts that have non-textured partners, and a few Spore parts such as hands and feet, but not all of them. I'd be interested in seeing all hands and feet from both Spore and Darkspore have textureless clones, details too, and perhaps more stuff overtime if we find a demand for it.

In that vein, is it also possible to have these parts mimic CamBen's Recolouring Knurldown? And lastly with all of this it might need a tweak in how to display it. I suggest, for example, having all of the textureless hands in the same category as the current graspers, have Page 1 be Core-Spore Parts, Page 2 Core-Spore textureless, Page 3 C&C parts, Page 4 C&C textureless, and so on. That way all the textureless parts are in their respective categories, easy to navigate, and it only takes a double click (which we all do all the time) to skip them and go to the next page of parts.

Also;
Question!

The Mini-Release armor parts look really cool, I tried them out yesterday. I saw there were two pages that yielded the same result, which is black-framed blue armor (which I love). Since there's two pages, was one of them meant to have a different quality/feature/texture?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

DarkEdgeTV wrote:Idea / Suggestion
(made that big so we know it's not another "help me!" post)
The header was definitely a smart move >-<
DarkEdgeTV wrote:I am really beginning to appreciate the category of textureless parts and finding more uses for them, and I was hoping we could take it a step further if possible. At the moment I see it's mostly Darkspore parts that have non-textured partners, and a few Spore parts such as hands and feet, but not all of them. I'd be interested in seeing all hands and feet from both Spore and Darkspore have textureless clones, details too, and perhaps more stuff overtime if we find a demand for it. In that vein, is it also possible to have these parts mimic CamBen's Recolouring Knurldown?
Ehm...technically it's possible, but take into consideration the following pieces of information:
1. CamBen's colour pack includes a grand total of 159 coloured variants of the Knurldown model.
2. At this moment in time, DI 9.r includes a grand total of 2,791 parts, and that this number will only increase with time.
Knowing that, if I were to add this entire feature you just described right now, I would have to create 443,769 parts.
FOUR HUNDRED FORTY THREE THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED AND SIXTY NINE PARTS!!
To put this in context, according to my count, the total number of Spore parts currently in existence, whether official, unused, or from mods...is approximately 2,592. So long story short, I suppose you probably didn't realize it, but you basically just asked me to create approximately seventeen times as many parts as have been created as of today. So I hope this helps to clarify why my answer, unfortunately, is, and will most likely remain,
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fyar4wJ3-Y[/youtube]
DarkEdgeTV wrote:And lastly with all of this it might need a tweak in how to display it. I suggest, for example, having all of the textureless hands in the same category as the current graspers, have Page 1 be Core-Spore Parts, Page 2 Core-Spore textureless, Page 3 C&C parts, Page 4 C&C textureless, and so on. That way all the textureless parts are in their respective categories, easy to navigate, and it only takes a double click (which we all do all the time) to skip them and go to the next page of parts.
Makes sense. Also comes in handy considering that I have permission to incorporate the late Dark Genetics v2 into DI 9.r . Also, those subcategories for "base", "coat", and "detail" can be used in build mode:
and with the help of SporeModder, they can be moved to the left, where they should be, and even squished into a smaller box like in DI 9.r's category layouts!
DarkEdgeTV wrote:Also;
Question!
I repeat,
rob55rod wrote:The header was definitely a smart move >-<
DarkEdgeTV wrote:The Mini-Release armor parts look really cool, I tried them out yesterday. I saw there were two pages that yielded the same result, which is black-framed blue armor (which I love). Since there's two pages, was one of them meant to have a different quality/feature/texture?
No, that's probably just a duplicate page, resulting from the fact that you're using both DI 9.r and the DI 9.r mini-release simultaneously :lol:

DarkEdgeTV
Tribal
Tribal

Riiiggghhhtttt.... A simple "No, that's more work than it would seem" would of suffice. I figured it would be as simple as duplicate+rename the files for a specific part and changing the texture, I don't see what the number of parts has to do with anything, especially the number of parts for the Colour Pack, which I only used as a comparison example. But, I don't really care, either. A no is a no.

As for the duplicated pages for the Mini-Release, I don't get the bonus armor pages at all with 9.r alone, I require the mini-release to view them. I've also tried v8 + mini-release and I still get duplicate pages. But, if there's no real purpose for the 2nd pages and it purely is a duplicate then sure, that answers the question perfectly.

Cheers for the detailed response.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

DarkEdgeTV wrote:Riiiggghhhtttt.... A simple "No, that's more work than it would seem" would of suffice. I figured it would be as simple as duplicate+rename the files for a specific part and changing the texture, I don't see what the number of parts has to do with anything, especially the number of parts for the Colour Pack, which I only used as a comparison example. But, I don't really care, either. A no is a no.
Textureless everything alone is a possibility (maybe), but not all those colour variants of everything...
DarkEdgeTV wrote:As for the duplicated pages for the Mini-Release, I don't get the bonus armor pages at all with 9.r alone, I require the mini-release to view them. I've also tried v8 + mini-release and I still get duplicate pages. But, if there's no real purpose for the 2nd pages and it purely is a duplicate then sure, that answers the question perfectly.
Wat
Weird...I'll have to look into that.
DarkEdgeTV wrote:Cheers for the detailed response.
Sorry, you just really caught me off guard there :lol:
(I'm not angry, and wasn't attempting to convey anger through the large font, I was just surprised and got a tad carried away .-. )

DarkEdgeTV
Tribal
Tribal

Oh you thought I wanted every colour for every part? God no! Now that IS asking for too much :lol: Nah I only meant if "textureless" instead became "recolouring".
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

DarkEdgeTV wrote:Oh you thought I wanted every colour for every part? God no! Now that IS asking for too much :lol: Nah I only meant if "textureless" instead became "recolouring".
Oh, so...just for the parts I've already created textureless variants of? That might be doable... :lol:
(And yes, I did think you meant every single part in the entire game, all its DLCs, and the whole of the mod itself >-< )

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

You don't need to pick one or the other anymore :V
Last edited by rob55rod on Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

UglyDollFan
Creature
Creature

Unread post by UglyDollFan »

rob55rod wrote:Image
You don't need to pick one or the other anymore ..let me ask again, did you try what I said?
Lemme guess, when you go to the next page on any part section (except mouths)...
There'll be the DarkSpore versions instead...

These new updates are really taunting me...
But I can handle it...

Kindof...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

UglyDollFan wrote:Lemme guess, when you go to the next page on any part section
Yes
UglyDollFan wrote:(except mouths)...
No
UglyDollFan wrote:There'll be the Darkspore versions
Yes
UglyDollFan wrote:instead...
No, that would defeat the purpose.
UglyDollFan wrote:These new updates are really taunting me...
THAT WASN'T WHAT I WAS AIMING FOR IN THE SLIGHTEST! DDD:
UglyDollFan wrote:But I can handle it...

Kindof...
Well don't worry, I'm aiming on getting this thing out the door as soon as possible.

No, sooner than that! :lol:

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

The Dark Injection 9.r UI is scalable now!! (Sort of, still needs a lot of work ;^; )

Also there will be Darkspore-textured copies of the Cell parts, to match the Creature Parts ._._.

fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

Will you also fix the missing animations for the Cell Parts?
florentinenoble
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by florentinenoble »

i so can't wait for the 9.r version. i'm so excited ;w;
[img]http://www.davoonline.com/
sporemodder/rob55rod/DI_9r/
DI9r_subforum_emblem.png[/img]
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

fungus3 wrote:Will you also fix the missing animations for the Cell Parts?
Hm? What missing animations?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Part Mods”