Spore GA crashes...

Looking to just have a conversation about Spore? Come join in on the many topics or start a new one!
Carl XVI Gustaf
Cell
Cell

Spore GA crashes...

Unread post by Carl XVI Gustaf »

So... When I try to play Spore GA, it randomly crashes. This started to happen after I patched Spore and Spore GA to patch 5 and I haven't found a way to fix it. I haven't tried core Spore yet so I don't know if it does the same thing. Does anyone know how to fix this? If you need information, just ask.
Thanks! :D

För Sverige - i tiden
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Spore GA crashes...

Unread post by rob55rod »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDABqAk06NE[/youtube] wrote:Does anyone know how to fix this? If you need information, just ask.
What operating system are you using?
When was your computer made?
I doubt Core Spore would behave any differently, as the Patch 5 installer updates the base game and GA...though I guess there's no loss in trying it nonetheless...
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Carl XVI Gustaf
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDABqAk06NE[/youtube] wrote:Does anyone know how to fix this? If you need information, just ask.
What operating system are you using?
When was your computer made?
I doubt Core Spore would behave any differently, as the Patch 5 installer updates the base game and GA...though I guess there's no loss in trying it nonetheless...
Operating system: Windows 10
Date made: Sorry, but I can't find any information on when it was made (Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330).

Any more information needed?
För Sverige - i tiden
Carl XVI Gustaf
Cell
Cell

I think I may have found the problem... I patched Core Spore to 1.05.0001, while GA somehow only got patched to 1.01.001. I have no idea how this happened and I'm reinstalling GA right now to see if it patches properly this time.
För Sverige - i tiden
Carl XVI Gustaf
Cell
Cell

Nope. Didn't work. It still just updates to 1.01.0001 for some reason. Help please?
För Sverige - i tiden
Carl XVI Gustaf
Cell
Cell

Actually, I just noticed that it doesn't crash anymore! :D
I haven't tried any mods yet but I don't think there are that many mods made for 1.01.0001. Any tips?
För Sverige - i tiden
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

John Cena wrote:Actually, I just noticed that it doesn't crash anymore! :D
I haven't tried any mods yet but I don't think there are that many mods made for 1.01.0001. Any tips?
The patch 5.1 installer calls the GA version of the patch that for some reason. But don't worry, you're running 5.1 .

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Carl XVI Gustaf
Cell
Cell

I think that's all, I haven't noticed any more problems. Thanks a ton! :D
För Sverige - i tiden
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

John Cena wrote:I think that's all, I haven't noticed any more problems. Thanks a ton! :D
Alright, great! :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”