Need help extracting sounds

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Need help extracting sounds

Unread post by fungus3 »

I am trying to extract the sounds and music from Spore and Darkspore.

Ealayer3 does not work on #02B9F662 files! :cry:

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Need help extracting sounds

Unread post by rob55rod »

We have partial ability to work with one of Spore's audio formats. Hopefully Emd will be able to figure out the others. In the meantime, forget it. There's literally no way to convert them.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

IIRC, #02B9F662 are just prop files. Remove the actual prop hash from reg_type and add taht one instead, and when unpacking it should convert those files.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

It doesn't matter if you use EALayer3 and FFMPEG, there are some files in the game that can't be ripped no matter what you do. Combining with SporeMaster not being able to name the extensions will make it be the most difficult and tedious OST to rip yet.

That is, if this was back in 2009. To put it bluntly, I figured out how to rip those impossible files and make it easier to nab the ones you're looking for, but I haven't set up the tutorial yet and I want to keep it all a secret until then.
Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

GBAura wrote:It doesn't matter if you use EALayer3 and FFMPEG, there are some files in the game that can't be ripped no matter what you do. Combining with SporeMaster not being able to name the extensions will make it be the most difficult and tedious OST to rip yet.

That is, if this was back in 2009. To put it bluntly, I figured out how to rip those impossible files and make it easier to nab the ones you're looking for, but I haven't set up the tutorial yet and I want to keep it all a secret until then.
GBAura wrote:I haven't set up the tutorial yet and I want to keep it all a secret
GBAura wrote:I haven't set up the tutorial yet and I want to keep it all a secret
GBAura wrote:I want to keep it all a secret
You're joking...RIGHT??
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

GBAura wrote:It doesn't matter if you use EALayer3 and FFMPEG, there are some files in the game that can't be ripped no matter what you do. Combining with SporeMaster not being able to name the extensions will make it be the most difficult and tedious OST to rip yet.

Can you at least PM me? I won't spoil it, and I really want to do it right now.
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

rob55rod wrote:
GBAura wrote:I want to keep it all a secret
You're joking...RIGHT??
Nope! I'm not joking! If anything, those unused songs I found in the game should really say something! :lol:
fungus3 wrote:Can you at least PM me? I won't spoil it, and I really want to do it right now.
I'll get to you once I have the time.
Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”