Steam Force Save (TWEAK)(NO HACKS/MODS)(FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!)

Davo's Released Mods. These are made for Galactic Adventures with patch 1.5.1, but some of them may still work on Core Spore. Many of these mods may be obsolete after 2017.
Marshall 59
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!

Unread post by Marshall 59 »

This would be great if it worked coz whenever I load up steam it says it didn't save when I did save it :evil: :ga:

febidoman
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by febidoman »

It didn't work for me. Can someone copy paste their file, so I can see if I did it right?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

febidoman wrote:It didn't work for me. Can someone copy paste their file, so I can see if I did it right?
Um...you'll need to specify whether or not you have GA, whether or not it's patched to 5.1, and what form you have the game in (presumably Steam) before anyone can post the correct files.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Sporecreator111
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Sporecreator111 »

i dont get it i launch when i do exatly as it says and it says ConfigManager issue any fixes? :di:
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Sporecreator111 wrote:i dont get it i launch when i do exatly as it says and it says ConfigManager issue any fixes? :di:
"Configuration Script Failed"? Usually the game will run regardless of that error, but if not, then it means you did something wrong, so it can be fixed by restoring the unmodified backup files.

...you did backup the original files, right?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
dieserCookie
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by dieserCookie »

Still cant save it :(
xenomorph!
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by xenomorph! »

I hope it's okay for me to post this here.
I have the Steam version of Spore and I bought Spore before I found out about the maintenance 3 weeks ago.
I wasn't sure about what version my Spore is, after installing C&C and GA, I looked on the Sporum for help and my version for the Core spore is 1.2 while GA is 3.0, it also stated that 1.2 is probably version 1.5, but I wasn't sure if 1.5 is the same as 1.5.1. I know this sounds really stupid and I wish I knew that Steam was such a bad place to buy Spore on to play with mods, not to mention that I bought the game at the worst time.

Anyways, whenever I edit the two files in DataEP1>Config (The ConfigManager and Properties) for things like Forcesave, getting the 60FPS limit, ect, and launch the game I get the "Configuration Script Failed "2000"" but the game still starts up. But whatever I added in those two files don't work, like the Forcesave. I had to find this out the hard way the first time, spending around 20 minutes getting my Creature ready for land with the amazing Dark Injections parts, and then being hit with the unfortunate and frustrating message that I couldn't save the creature.

I know I should wait until the maintenance is over, since I heard that Steam doesn't patch the game correctly, hopefully it won't be long until I can get all my mods working together perfectly in harmony but it'd be great if someone could help me out.

One more thing, whenever I try to use the 1.5.1 patch listed in the DI mod site, it says I need Spore to be able to install the patch but I do have Spore and two of the expansions, all mods I installed work like DI, but I haven't yet tried out the other Creature mods since I don't already have a saved game in the Creature Stage. I don't know if using the original Core Spore parts without any of the mod parts will allow me to the save the Creature.

(I'm sorry for wasting your time)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Robo-Butt wrote:I hope it's okay for me to post this here.
I have the Steam version of Spore and I bought Spore before I found out about the maintenance 3 weeks ago.
I wasn't sure about what version my Spore is, after installing C&C and GA, I looked on the Sporum for help and my version for the Core spore is 1.2 while GA is 3.0, it also stated that 1.2 is probably version 1.5, but I wasn't sure if 1.5 is the same as 1.5.1. I know this sounds really stupid and I wish I knew that Steam was such a bad place to buy Spore on to play with mods, not to mention that I bought the game at the worst time.

Anyways, whenever I edit the two files in DataEP1>Config (The ConfigManager and Properties) for things like Forcesave, getting the 60FPS limit, ect, and launch the game I get the "Configuration Script Failed "2000"" but the game still starts up. But whatever I added in those two files don't work, like the Forcesave. I had to find this out the hard way the first time, spending around 20 minutes getting my Creature ready for land with the amazing Dark Injections parts, and then being hit with the unfortunate and frustrating message that I couldn't save the creature.

I know I should wait until the maintenance is over, since I heard that Steam doesn't patch the game correctly, hopefully it won't be long until I can get all my mods working together perfectly in harmony but it'd be great if someone could help me out.

One more thing, whenever I try to use the 1.5.1 patch listed in the DI mod site, it says I need Spore to be able to install the patch but I do have Spore and two of the expansions, all mods I installed work like DI, but I haven't yet tried out the other Creature mods since I don't already have a saved game in the Creature Stage. I don't know if using the original Core Spore parts without any of the mod parts will allow me to the save the Creature.

(I'm sorry for wasting your time)
Nononono, you're not wasting anyone's time! We just want to help, so you're not wasting anyone's time by asking :mrgreen:

Moving on to an actual solution...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CEUBQE6itA[/youtube]
Convert your purchase. The Spore server maintenance shouldn't affect this. Origin Spore is better than Steam Spore by a long shot, if you want to mod the game. But back up your save data and creations before doing so, just in case.

xenomorph!
Hatchling
Hatchling

Oh my goodness, thank you so much, I hope that this will fix everything. The whole Spore with the two expansion packs was 5 euro cheaper, so I decided to buy there.
I remember reading that you could only get your Origin Spore to Steam, I should have searched for that video.
I can't thank you enough, I'm really happy that there's another solution
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Robo-Butt wrote:Oh my goodness, thank you so much, I hope that this will fix everything. The whole Spore with the two expansion packs was 5 euro cheaper, so I decided to buy there.
I remember reading that you could only get your Origin Spore to Steam, I should have searched for that video.
No problem :mrgreen:

If you have any other issues, just let me know! Also, are you aware that there's a mini-release of Dark Injection 9.r available?

xenomorph!
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote:
Robo-Butt wrote:Oh my goodness, thank you so much, I hope that this will fix everything. The whole Spore with the two expansion packs was 5 euro cheaper, so I decided to buy there.

If you have any other issues, just let me know! Also, are you aware that there's a mini-release of Dark Injection 9.r available?
Thank you so much again for your help, it really did help me with every single mod, but not the 3D Cell Creator, but it's okay.
And I also installed DI 9.r too <3 It's amazing, I'm just so glad that there's wonderful mods to keep my love for Spore going, it makes the game so much more fun.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Robo-Butt wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

Thank you so much again for your help, it really did help me with every single mod, but not the 3D Cell Creator, but it's okay.
And I also installed DI 9.r too <3 It's amazing, I'm just so glad that there's wonderful mods to keep my love for Spore going, it makes the game so much more fun.
Glad to hear everything's working out :mrgreen:

Apparently that 3D Cell Editor mod just doesn't work for some people, for no apparent reason .-.
I recommend this one: Sid's 3D Cell Editor. It was created specifically to combat the problem you're having.

Glad you like the 9.r Mini-release :3
Thing is, it's actually just a small piece of the full 9.r mod, so there's a lot more where it came from :mrgreen:

Oh, and I can assure you that the mods are about to get a heck of a lot better, once SporeModder (new modding tool) is released. Spore Resurrection: Next Steps is going to be the first mod based on SporeModder, so make sure to keep an eye out for it! :mrgreen:

xenomorph!
Hatchling
Hatchling

Apparently that 3D Cell Editor mod just doesn't work for some people, for no apparent reason .-.
I recommend this one: Sid's 3D Cell Editor. It was created specifically to combat the problem you're having.

Thing is, it's actually just a small piece of the full 9.r mod, so there's a lot more where it came from :mrgreen:

Oh, and I can assure you that the mods are about to get a heck of a lot better, once SporeModder (new modding tool) is released. Spore Resurrection: Next Steps is going to be the first mod based on SporeModder, so make sure to keep an eye out for it! :mrgreen:
I saw Sid's Cell editor but I have unlimited complexity, so I'd have to edit the files like stated in the thread, which I'm really discouraged to do, but it's fine because Cell stage isn't that long and I don't need an amazing looking cell to play around with for like 15 minutes.

I'm really excited for all the new mods, I've seen Spore Resurrection and heard of SporeModder also. I'm just so proud we have a wonderful community filled with creative people that have done all of this to improve the game and make it more exciting, and our support has helped them too. I hope that this will also inspire others to start modding too, SporeModder probably doesn't look that difficult if you get used to it through trial, error and help. I'm pretty sure that there will be new people attempting to make great mods for Spore.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Robo-Butt wrote:

I saw Sid's Cell editor but I have unlimited complexity, so I'd have to edit the files like stated in the thread, which I'm really discouraged to do, but it's fine because Cell stage isn't that long and I don't need an amazing looking cell to play around with for like 15 minutes.

I'm really excited for all the new mods, I've seen Spore Resurrection and heard of SporeModder also. I'm just so proud we have a wonderful community filled with creative people that have done all of this to improve the game and make it more exciting, and our support has helped them too. I hope that this will also inspire others to start modding too, SporeModder probably doesn't look that difficult if you get used to it through trial, error and help. I'm pretty sure that there will be new people attempting to make great mods for Spore.
Yeah, I'm also hoping SporeModder will attract people who want to become mod developers...

KirenDanteCephi
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by KirenDanteCephi »

Can someone help me with the Force Save mod? Even though I downloaded it I still can't save my modded creatures
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

KirenDanteCephi wrote:Can someone help me with the Force Save mod? Even though I downloaded it I still can't save my modded creatures
Wait, do you mean the subject of this topic, or the regular Force Save mod? .-.

brian575
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by brian575 »

Hey guys I'm having a bit of an issue involving this force save fix. The fix lets me save DI creations, however, every so often the game just crashes. It usually happens roughly 15 seconds after I load up the game. It stutters a bit then just hits me with the sporegalacticadventures.exe has stopped working. I am sure it is because of the force save, since I put the dark injection files before the force save and I could fully access the creators with no issues in crashing. Even when I thought it was Dark injection, I took them all off except for the code change and I still got crashes.

Is there any way to fix this so it stops crashing?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

brian575 wrote:Hey guys I'm having a bit of an issue involving this force save fix. The fix lets me save DI creations, however, every so often the game just crashes. It usually happens roughly 15 seconds after I load up the game. It stutters a bit then just hits me with the sporegalacticadventures.exe has stopped working. I am sure it is because of the force save, since I put the dark injection files before the force save and I could fully access the creators with no issues in crashing. Even when I thought it was Dark injection, I took them all off except for the code change and I still got crashes.

Well, no. That's not a problem with the tweak, since it doesn't do that to most computers. Are you running the game through Steam? If so, you should switch to Origin Spore via ForgottenSpore's trick. It'll make your experience that much less painful.

brian575
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by brian575 »

rob55rod wrote:
brian575 wrote:Hey guys I'm having a bit of an issue involving this force save fix. The fix lets me save DI creations, however, every so often the game just crashes. It usually happens roughly 15 seconds after I load up the game. It stutters a bit then just hits me with the sporegalacticadventures.exe has stopped working. I am sure it is because of the force save, since I put the dark injection files before the force save and I could fully access the creators with no issues in crashing. Even when I thought it was Dark injection, I took them all off except for the code change and I still got crashes.

Well, no. That's not a problem with the tweak, since it doesn't do that to most computers. Are you running the game through Steam? If so, you should switch to Origin Spore via ForgottenSpore's trick. It'll make your experience that much less painful.
<This code has already been used>

Well, so much for that. :|

Hey atleast I redeemed Galactic Adventures, not like it matters without the core game though.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

brian575 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

<This code has already been used>

Well, so much for that. :|

Hey atleast I redeemed Galactic Adventures, not like it matters without the core game though.
*facepalm*
Mixing game variants is never a good idea, but hey, it's probably still better than all-Steam ._.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Davo's Mods”