Dark Injection dev log

The modificaton of parts, models and abilities.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Dark Injection 9.r - MINI-RELEASE NOW AVAILABLE

Unread post by rob55rod »

jochuan wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
jochuan wrote:what ? please tell me
I don't know. I told you to wait in the hopes that someone else might show up with a better answer. If I knew, I would've told you :lol:
so how i re-generate the save files ?
Go to %AppData%\Roaming\SPORE
delete everything in there
Be warned that doing this will delete all of your save data, planets, empires, etc., So back up the entire folder, and your "My Spore Creations" folder before proceeding!

Also, if you're using Windows 8 or later, DO NOT do this.

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
jochuan
Cell
Cell

Unread post by jochuan »

so this means that i will never play in my world again ?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

jochuan wrote:so this means that i will never play in my world again ?
Well, yes...

...I'd suggest renaming the folders, rather than deleting them. Now do you see why I said to wait, in the hopes that someone else might show up with a less destructive answer? :I

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
jochuan
Cell
Cell

Unread post by jochuan »

anyway how is the update going ?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

jochuan wrote:anyway how is the update going ?
It's...uh...getting a bit disorganized. I've mostly been doing some planning as to how to proceed with development, as I'd be a fool to proceed as is.

ThunderforgeHD
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by ThunderforgeHD »

Can you please make Dark injection for vanilla?!!
ThunderforgeHD
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote:Image
Well, for the longest time, I've been waiting for the next DI update, for more textures to be fixed, for...ANY NEWS AT ALL. Nothing. For almost a YEAR. I don't know what's up, but I eventually became so BORED waiting, that I decided to stop passively waiting and take action. Yes, that's right, I, rob55rod, am making the next Dark Injection update. This update is DAVO-CERTIFIED as of September 26th, 2014. This update will probably not contain many new features, but it will contain new parts, featuring unused textures I've found in Darkspore's files, and other stuff inspired by early concept art for Darkspore. Also, the part organization will be fine-tuned here and there. No release yet, so here, have some screenies for now:
Spoiler
DO NOT DOWNLOAD DARK INJECTION 9.r FROM https://yadi.sk/d/pFoLiCNTfmYWV or http://www.playground.ru/files/spore_da ... v9r-92131/ , THESE FILES ARE NOT HOSTED BY ME, AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE. THEY MAY BE MALICIOUS, SO STAY AWAY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

THE "YOU GET TO TRY SOME STUFF" UPDATE HAS ARRIVED:
Spoiler
THE MINI-RELEASE IS OUT!! Requires DI 9 or earlier. Get it here:DOWNLOAD

EDIT: Forgot to credit Camßεn for the idea behind this mini-release. Woops :lol:
A "YOU GET TO TRY SOME STUFF" UPDATE:
Spoiler
There will be a small mini-release very soon, as soon as my computer is up and running again.
A "NEW STUFF" UPDATE:
Spoiler
The only unused model I've found in Darkspore's files.

Beta Skar's weapons!

Gravity Mage's head and Binary Star Shaman's Staff!

Full credit to Camßεn for this idea, I just went and spent around three hours making it happen xD

I finally fixed the Adjustable Guard and Obsidian Deflector, which have been broken for as long as I can remember, possibly since the beginning!

I don't know why, but these took me 15 Hours to create. Regardless, there you have it: Beta Zrin's Right Shoulder Pad thingy!
ANOTHER DEVELOPMENT UPDATE:
After 3 years of absence, the stretchable bones from v3 make their triumphant return. See for yourself:
Spoiler
A DEVELOPMENT UPDATE:
I think I've fixed the camera bugs, but I'll need a few Steam users to test the fix and help me confirm that. Also, the new UI I've been working on is coming along! Here, have some screenshots:
Spoiler
But for those of you who like Davo's UI, that will be an option too!

YET ANOTHER UPDATE:
This is now a loose collaboration. Davo's back on the project!

ANOTHER UPDATE:
There's a FAQ now: http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewto ... =26&t=5328

UPDATE:
Would you like to help make this update happen? Do you want to see a release faster? WELL NOW YOU CAN!!! Here's how:
If you don't know a thing about modding and don't own Darkspore but want to help speed up the process even so:
There is a way you can do that! You might not think so, but one of the hardest parts of this is locating the parts that need fixing in the first place! You can help with this, by...well, slapping parts on a creature, and PMing me a list of the ones that have broken textures (e.g. muddy colouring, peculiar layer mapping, etc), either by part name, or prop.xml name. For clearest view of the layer mapping, I recommend the following colours: Base = Bright Yellow, Coat = Bright Red, Detail = Royal Blue .
If you don't know a thing about modding but own Darkspore and want to help speed up the process even so:
If you have unlocked a large number of Biogenetic heroes and you have apocalypse weapons for those heroes, you can help by providing screenshots of those heroes with those weapons equipped.
ThunderforgeHD
Hatchling
Hatchling

Can you please make Dark Injection for vanilla?!!! Plaeaseee, this mod so much but i hate that i need C&C And Galactic adventures cause i dont have it :<.. So please make it for vanilla!!!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

ThunderforgeHD wrote:Can you please make Dark Injection for vanilla?!!! Plaeaseee, this mod so much but i hate that i need C&C And Galactic adventures cause i dont have it :<.. So please make it for vanilla!!!
You don't actually need C&C. It kinda sorta works without Galactic Adventures as-is. It's really buggy, but the parts work, so long as you have patch 5.1 . I'm working on trying to improve Core Spore functionality, as stated in my response to your PM. Also, please don't spam this thread or quote the entire OP.

Tynorg-Six
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Tynorg-Six »

Question: How would one revert the textures of things like the Power Battery (4th Scientist Captain part, the one with the big blue bit (DI changes that to black and grey for some reason) and the Shaman parts (which seem to change mainly to the base colour of the creature) upon removing DI?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Tynorg-Six wrote:Question: How would one revert the textures of things like the Power Battery (4th Scientist Captain part, the one with the big blue bit (DI changes that to black and grey for some reason) and the Shaman parts (which seem to change mainly to the base colour of the creature) upon removing DI?
Remove Arenas_RDX9.package and Arenas_Textures.package , or add "z" to the beginning of their names and move them to your Core Spore Data folder (for better compatibility with other mods that use those, such as Dark Genetics or my Patch 5.1 bot parts port).

Tynorg-Six
Cell
Cell

Nope. I've tried both things; the Shaman parts still assume the creatures' base colour and the PB is still grey/black where it should be always blue.

EDIT: A few restarts later and the texture issue appears to have been fixed, but only in the Captain Editor. The parts still have their DI-caused textures anywhere else.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Tynorg-Six wrote:Nope. I've tried both things; the Shaman parts still assume the creatures' base colour and the PB is still grey/black where it should be always blue.

EDIT: A few restarts later and the texture issue appears to have been fixed, but only in the Captain Editor. The parts still have their DI-caused textures anywhere else.
Um...okay, that's weird. Check your Bot Parts, Galactic Adventures, Creepy & Cute, and Core Spore data folders, and remove any files with names along the lines of "Arenas_RDX9" or "Arenas_Textures" from all of those folders.

Just so you know, the "z" I recommended you add was to prioritize the packages below Core Spore's files. These things work in alphabetical order, with z in Core Spore data being lowest priority, and I believe ! in either GA or Bot Parts data being highest priority. That needs to be confirmed. It's roughly alphabetical...sort of...

Tynorg-Six
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
Tynorg-Six wrote:Nope. I've tried both things; the Shaman parts still assume the creatures' base colour and the PB is still grey/black where it should be always blue.

Um...okay, that's weird. Check your Bot Parts, Galactic Adventures, Creepy & Cute, and Core Spore data folders, and remove any files with names along the lines of "Arenas_RDX9" or "Arenas_Textures" from all of those folders.

Just so you know, the "z" I recommended you add was to prioritize the packages below Core Spore's files. These things work in alphabetical order, with z in Core Spore data being lowest priority, and I believe ! in either GA or Bot Parts data being highest priority. That needs to be confirmed. It's roughly alphabetical...sort of...
Yeah, I was aware of the alphabetical stuff. I've checked my Core Spore and GA folders (Bot Parts were unavailable outside the US, and I don't own C&C) for the files, and they don't exist.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Tynorg-Six wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

Yeah, I was aware of the alphabetical stuff. I've checked my Core Spore and GA folders (Bot Parts were unavailable outside the US, and I don't own C&C) for the files, and they don't exist.
What. The. Flying. Garbage Cans. Is. Going. On. Here.

Sorry about the whole alphabetical prioritization thing, I just figured I'd mention it in case you didn't know. Try this package: 2013_CoreTextures. It's a deprecated method to re-add the Core Spore models and textures. Just make sure it's prioritized over everything else.

I know the feeling, regarding bot parts - I was on vacation in the US starting exactly 13 days after the promotion ended. Also, the parts were leaked for non-american users, but it turns out the patch SERIOUSLY SCREWS YOUR GAME UP! That's why I ported the parts to patch 5.1: BP2_Unpatched. Awkwardly, that mod requires Arenas_RDX9 and Arenas_Textures '~'

Tynorg-Six
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:

Sorry about the whole alphabetical prioritization thing, I just figured I'd mention it in case you didn't know. Try this package: 2013_CoreTextures. It's a deprecated method to re-add the Core Spore models and textures. Just make sure it's prioritized over everything else.

I know the feeling, regarding bot parts - I was on vacation in the US starting exactly 13 days after the promotion ended. Also, the parts were leaked for non-american users, but it turns out the patch SERIOUSLY SCREWS YOUR GAME UP! That's why I ported the parts to patch 5.1: BP2_Unpatched. Awkwardly, that mod requires Arenas_RDX9 and Arenas_Textures '~'
Well, whatever's going on, it's annoying. It's as though the textures on the captain parts have been completely overwritten and won't be restored. I'll try the CoreTextures thing by itself this time (which I got with everything else regarding the mod), seeing as I used the alphabetical prioritisation ("!2013_CoreTextures") to place it higher on the queue before.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Tynorg-Six wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

Well, whatever's going on, it's annoying. It's as though the textures on the captain parts have been completely overwritten and won't be restored. I'll try the CoreTextures thing by itself this time (which I got with everything else regarding the mod), seeing as I used the alphabetical prioritisation ("!2013_CoreTextures") to place it higher on the queue before.
k, fingers crossed this works.

I have no idea why this is happening...

Tynorg-Six
Cell
Cell

I'm afraid to say that it didn't. Perhaps a visual representation of what's going on will be better than words in this case.
issue1.png
As you can see on this Corum, the blades of the Toxic Crystal should be a purple-pink, not green, and the little fluffy things should be a creamish-white, not green.
issue2.png
And as you can see here, the Power Battery on this Agt Xertuesi should be blue where it's grey with a black stripe.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Tynorg-Six wrote:I'm afraid to say that it didn't. Perhaps a visual representation of what's going on will be better than words in this case.
issue1.png
As you can see on this Corum, the blades of the Toxic Crystal should be a purple-pink, not green, and the little fluffy things should be a creamish-white, not green.
issue2.png
And as you can see here, the Power Battery on this Agt Xertuesi should be blue where it's grey with a black stripe.
List everything in all of your Data folders, including core game files.

Tynorg-Six
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
Tynorg-Six wrote:I'm afraid to say that it didn't. Perhaps a visual representation of what's going on will be better than words in this case.
issue1.png
issue2.png
List everything in all of your Data folders, including core game files.
Core Spore Data:
PatchData.package
Spore_Audio1.package
Spore_Audio2.package
Spore_Content.package
Spore_Game.package
Spore_Graphics.package
Spore_Pack_03.package

SPORE_EP1 (GA) Data:
EP1_PatchData.package
Spore_EP1_Content_01.package
Spore_EP1_Content_02.package
Spore_EP1_Data.package
Spore_EP1_Locale_01.package

I'm going to try putting the CoreTextures file into the Core Spore data folder again and see if it works. Maybe I did something wrong the first time.

EDIT: It has indeed worked this time, so thanks for the assistance~
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Part Mods”