Unlimited Complexity All Editors

Mods that edit the game editors can be found here.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unlimited Complexity All Editors

Unread post by Davo »

To use this mod, you need to access the editors via the method of the hidden editors.
More help here: http://www.davoonline.com/faq.html

These 'states' load the various editors...

Code: Select all

state:DavoGroxEditor
state:CreatureEditor2
state:BuildingEditor2
state:VehicleEditor2
state:UFOEditor2
state:TribalAccessoriesEditor2
state:SpaceAccessoriesEditor2
state:AdventureAccessoriesEditor2

Download:
http://www.davoonline.com/sporemods/201 ... ng.package

Kralc0
Creature
Creature

Re: Unlimited Complexity All Editors

Unread post by Kralc0 »

Is there a way to change the target paths on a mac, and if so, how? I've found the SporeApp.exe, but I'm not sure whether that's the same file I should use on a mac, and whether it's that or another file, I'm not sure how to go about changing the path.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

that might be it. you need to make a shortcut of it, you do not want to mess with the original.

then somehow edit the target path, but im green on a mac, do not know anything...
Kralc0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Kralc0 »

Alright, I figured out how to set up the target path, but I'm still wondering about the SporeApp.exe. The thing is, since OSX can't normally open .exe files, I figure that using it won't get me anywhere. I'm just not sure whether I should select the whole Spore Galactic Adventures game package, or use something else. Also, if I do get if figured out so that I can open up these editors, I was just wondering as to whether the genetic editor included with DI can be accessed in this same manner, or not?
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

im not sure
StarDream
Creature
Creature

Unread post by StarDream »

Sorry, I don't have Spore Galactic Adventures. I have Spore. :< How to work package?
Indrasil
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Indrasil »

I've installed this mod and DI but it doesn't work for me.
I have Steam version of Spore including C&C and GA, so I can't change the order of how they install on each other.
Does any of Your mods can allow me to create over-complexity UFOs that I can actually play? - I've done some searching myself but didn't manage to find anything. ;/
Also, mod mentioned in this topic doesn't work for me, plus, I really don't know what I should expect from it. ;p
Please, be patient to another rookie...
Indrasil
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Indrasil »

up
Rogue_Jaeger
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Rogue_Jaeger »

I do apologize if this is really stupid question/common sense question but I just wanted to double check before going ahead and doing anything.

Would this work on a version of Spore bought from Steam? I know Steam uses seem to have problems with things like this. Steam also has things set up a little differently with its files so I'm not exactly too sure on how I would go about setting everything up. I did read over the link posted on how to go about doing this but I wasn't following it 100 percent. I made a copy of the spore folder but from there I was confused on the rest of what Davo meant. I went ahead and put the mod into the DataEP1 folder since I use GA more than anything. How exactly do I 'change the target location.'
TheShawBrid
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by TheShawBrid »

So I'm having some issues.
I have like buttloads of DNA in the creature stage, but it's going to waste.
At this point i don't care if whatever I make, I don't make on my actual save, I'm perfectly fine with loading a creature I make in the creator to the tribal stage.

The problem is I can't. I can't break the limit outside of the spore state provided. It feels meaningless to me if I can't use what I create in-game. I want to make something cool-ish, while at the same time maxing the stats(I came PAINFULLY close to this in normal mode but it told me I had "too many part". That is, when I didn't have the mod installed.)

But, now with it installed, and loading the state necessary, I still can't get it to work. It may seem like I'm just whining, but I have the point, and I worked hard to make a perfect survival creature, so that's what I want to do, can anyone help with this?

EDIT: I found your thread about T-search, I'm sure I'm going to manage to be confused by this though..

EDIT EDIT: After going into the T-search thing a bit I realized/decided that I was super confused and impatient, I am trying the sporehack, I will report back my results

SO MANY EDITS: Spore Hack didn't work, but I didn't expect it to. The issue I have seems to be something with the games built-in stone limitation. Like, I had the complexity meter *not* full(this could have been due to a 'freedom' glitch), and I had a buncha parts and was *essentially* a perfect, max stat creature, with some asthetic flare. But when I hit check it told me "too many parts" so I have the DNA, and I even managed what I wanted without breaking the complexity meter, so what do I do here? I'm no nub, I know a few things, no serious coding but I know enough to understand what's going on here seems to be a very sedimentary problem that not many people face. I theorize it has to do with the fact I have several different types of parts(I.E. Frog and bird feet, as well as morepaw, and two types of hands, two mouths, etc.). I would seriously like a solution to this. I've already killed EPICs by my lonesome, and it felt super good doing it legit, but I have worked hard for my points and I want to spend them. I want to clarify, I don't want to just cheat to godliness, I know I have already earned my rank, and I already have the skill and power to kill just about any monster in Creature stage(I haven't moved on because I literally can't perfect my creature, as I said before), I'm the most dominant, but it still isn't satisfying me. It is eating my OCD so hard to know I could afford this, and I just can't do it.
Ben_Skywalker_
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Ben_Skywalker_ »

Just a quick N00Bish question, proberbly the wrong place to post... maybe... im new to modding my spore and your tutorial still left me with questions... but... what do i do after i put it in the data folder, and does it need to be in my galactic adventures one?
Woff
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Woff »

This isn't working for me,
but I'm not exactly sure what I'm suppose to do.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

wof wrote:This isn't working for me,
but I'm not exactly sure what I'm suppose to do.
Do this.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Woff
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Woff »

-
Last edited by Woff on Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woff
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Woff »

Do this.
I did do that, I just don't fully understand what I'm supposed to do to get the mod to actually work.
I started the game in the floraeditor because I thought that was something I was supposed to do but it still didn't work.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

wof wrote:
Do this.
I did do that, I just don't fully understand what I'm supposed to do to get the mod to actually work.
I started the game in the floraeditor because I thought that was something I was supposed to do but it still didn't work.
Well...you don't need to start the game with -state:floraeditor , that just loads the game straight into...well, the Flora editor. I'm not sure how you concluded that might have any relevance. So...if you've done what that thread says to do, then...you've already done what you need to to make it work...

...which means something went wrong. And that means it's time for me to ask you a couple of questions, in order to gather the necessary information to suggest a course of action. Please answer the following questions in a precise manner, and provide every possible detail, regardless of apparent relevance.

What variant of Spore do you have? Retail/Disk, Origin, or Steam?

Do you have Galactic Adventures?

Have you patched your game (and Galactic Adventures if you have it) to the latest version? (BOT PARTS DOES NOT COUNT)

What path did you install the mod to?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Woff
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Woff »

rob55rod wrote:
wof wrote:
Do this.
Well...you don't need to start the game with -state:floraeditor , that just loads the game straight into...well, the Flora editor. I'm not sure how you concluded that might have any relevance. So...if you've done what that thread says to do, then...you've already done what you need to to make it work...

...which means something went wrong. And that means it's time for me to ask you a couple of questions, in order to gather the necessary information to suggest a course of action. Please answer the following questions in a precise manner, and provide every possible detail, regardless of apparent relevance.

What variant of Spore do you have? Retail/Disk, Origin, or Steam?

Do you have Galactic Adventures?

Have you patched your game (and Galactic Adventures if you have it) to the latest version? (BOT PARTS DOES NOT COUNT)

What path did you install the mod to?
Damn it, I have no idea why I thought I needed to load the Flora editor.
I have disk Spore.
Yes.
Yes.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\SPORE_EP1\Data
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

wof wrote:-snip-
Wow, that's an ideal setup for modding! Count yourself lucky, ninety-something % of users are stuck with the nearly unmoddable abomination known as Steam Spore. I'm exaggerating, of course, but still, you're quite fortunate.

Turns out I completely missed this:
-state:DavoGroxEditor
-state:CreatureEditor2
-state:BuildingEditor2
-state:VehicleEditor2
-state:UFOEditor2
-state:TribalAccessoriesEditor2
-state:SpaceAccessoriesEditor2
-state:AdventureAccessoriesEditor2
Just use those the way you used "-state:floraeditor", and that will launch you straight into the editor...but with the mod in effect. However, I assume it won't affect the regular editors, seeing as that these are modified copies of the editors.

Woff
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Woff »

Wow, that's an ideal setup for modding! Count yourself lucky, ninety-something % of users are stuck with the nearly unmoddable abomination known as Steam Spore. I'm exaggerating, of course, but still, you're quite fortunate.

Just use those the way you used "-state:floraeditor", and that will launch you straight into the editor...but with the mod in effect. However, I assume it won't affect the regular editors, seeing as that these are modified copies of the editors.
...oh my god It worked.
I actually did do that last night, but It just loaded the game normally.
Thank you so much for helping, I probably wouldn't have tried that again if you hadn't mentioned it. Also, I really need to learn how to better use these forums or whatever because I keep messing up on comments.

edit: wait, -state:AdventureAccessoriesEditor2 isn't working.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

wof wrote:

...oh my god It worked.
I actually did do that last night, but It just loaded the game normally.
Thank you so much for helping, I probably wouldn't have tried that again if you hadn't mentioned it. Also, I really need to learn how to better use these forums or whatever because I keep messing up on comments.

edit: wait, -state:AdventureAccessoriesEditor2 isn't working.
Probably a typo, or you forgot the " -" before them or something xD

Glad I could help :7

Yeah...that (now nonexistant) duplicate post was just lag xD

Hmm...check for typos. If that doesn't help, I need to know what does happen when you use that one.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Editor Mods”