Himeric Engine [Partmod][BETA]

Talk about projects in development or experimental mods...
User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3668
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread postby rob55rod » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:58 am

Clicker95 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Eyes can not be placed on your parts. Please fix that. It is easy to fix.


I and others do not have this problem.

Image

Dark Injection eyes can not be placed on your parts. Do not use custom files in the creatureeditortemplates folder, unless you have to.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

bony78
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:17 am

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread postby bony78 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:16 pm

Interesting part mod

User avatar
Clicker95
Private
Private
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:28 am

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread postby Clicker95 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:12 am

Himeric Engine Alpha 2 release!

[*] Painted parts!
[*] New rigblock-template for details;
[*] New mouth-template for details;
[*] New weapon-template for details;
[*] 2 new weapon-details.

Download: Himeric2_Alpha2.package [15.02.15]
(and download available in top-post)
Image

rob55rod wrote:Dark Injection eyes can not be placed on your parts. Do not use custom files in the creatureeditortemplates folder, unless you have to.


I did not have bugs with Dark Injection eyes. But I hope that the new templates will fix it.

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3668
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:25 pm

Clicker95 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Dark Injection eyes can not be placed on your parts. Do not use custom files in the creatureeditortemplates folder, unless you have to.


I did not have bugs with Dark Injection eyes. But I hope that the new templates will fix it.

Yes, this update fixed it.

But where are the models for the new details?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
Clicker95
Private
Private
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:28 am

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread postby Clicker95 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:22 am

rob55rod wrote:But where are the models for the new details?


New parts will be in the next update :)

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3668
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread postby rob55rod » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:51 am

Clicker95 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:But where are the models for the new details?


New parts will be in the next update :)

Oh, okay :D
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
Clicker95
Private
Private
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:28 am

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread postby Clicker95 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:27 am

We detained update to release more details. Stay tuned to c:

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3668
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread postby rob55rod » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:00 pm

Clicker95 wrote:We detained update to release more details. Stay tuned to c:

Yay :D
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
GIRGHGH
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:28 pm

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread postby GIRGHGH » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:05 pm

What does 1024x1024 texture mean?
Image

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3668
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread postby rob55rod » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:01 pm

GIRGHGH wrote:What does 1024x1024 texture mean?

It basically means REALLY, REALLY HD. Consider that Spore's native resolution is 128x128.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
Emd4600 [ASR]
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:21 am
Location: Sporepedia2's City, Spain
Contact:

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread postby Emd4600 [ASR] » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:50 am

rob55rod wrote:
GIRGHGH wrote:What does 1024x1024 texture mean?

It basically means REALLY, REALLY HD. Consider that Spore's native resolution is 128x128.


For part textures is 128x128, but creatures use 512x512 textures at High resolution.
If you can't play Spore at high, don't enable 1024x1024 textures.
Image
Image

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3668
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:36 pm

The 1024x creature textures only work in the editor for me, not in the Sporepedia, stages, or Adventures (but I think I know how to fix that).

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:For part textures is 128x128, but creatures use 512x512 textures at High resolution.
If you can't play Spore at high, don't enable 1024x1024 textures.

I can play Spore at high graphics settings, but 1024x creature textures lag beyond playability for me while generating the creature texture, so that isn't a 100% guarantee.

Also, this mod's part textures are also 1024x resolution...somehow. *Head explodes into exactly 1,048,576 coloured squares*
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3668
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:14 am

Ehehe...

Image

I did a Darkspore...

...and by that, I mean "I have started to port this amazing mod to Darkspore. I have no idea why I am doing this."
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
Noonyhead44
First Class
First Class
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:43 am

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread postby Noonyhead44 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:08 pm

rob55rod wrote:Ehehe...

Image

I did a Darkspore...

...and by that, I mean "I have started to port this amazing mod to Darkspore. I have no idea why I am doing this."





THAT. IS. AMAZING.
A hashtag is actually called an octothorpe.

#Octothorpe! (sounds legit)

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3668
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:45 pm

Noonyhead44 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Ehehe...

Image

I did a Darkspore...

...and by that, I mean "I have started to port this amazing mod to Darkspore. I have no idea why I am doing this."





THAT. IS. AMAZING.

WHY. THANK. YOU.

THE. AMAZING. PART. OF. IT. IS. NOT. EVEN. MY. WORK.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
Clicker95
Private
Private
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:28 am

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread postby Clicker95 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:00 pm

Sorry for the long absence on the site.
I was very heavily loaded affairs, will soon be mod updates.

P.S. Import parts into Darkspore looks very cool!

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3668
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread postby rob55rod » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:24 pm

Clicker95 wrote:Sorry for the long absence on the site.
I was very heavily loaded affairs, will soon be mod updates.

P.S. Import parts into Darkspore looks very cool!

Yay, I am very excited about this update! This is a very well-made mod. What does the name "Himeric Engine" mean?

I will try your 1024x textures config edit on Darkspore soon, and I will also port more of the parts over. More screenshots soon! Hopefully I can find out how to add the animated textures from Darkspore's heroes onto the parts as well, though that is not likely to be easy.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
Clicker95
Private
Private
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:28 am

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread postby Clicker95 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:34 pm

rob55rod wrote:Yay, I am very excited about this update! This is a very well-made mod. What does the name "Himeric Engine" mean?

I will try your 1024x textures config edit on Darkspore soon, and I will also port more of the parts over. More screenshots soon! Hopefully I can find out how to add the animated textures from Darkspore's heroes onto the parts as well, though that is not likely to be easy.


Thank you, we monitor the quality of mod c:
I do not know, we tried to come up with a cool name с:
We were the "engine" for parts and "strange details", and has been called "Himeric Engine".
Good luck with porting!

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3668
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread postby rob55rod » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:48 pm

Clicker95 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Yay, I am very excited about this update! This is a very well-made mod. What does the name "Himeric Engine" mean?

I will try your 1024x textures config edit on Darkspore soon, and I will also port more of the parts over. More screenshots soon! Hopefully I can find out how to add the animated textures from Darkspore's heroes onto the parts as well, though that is not likely to be easy.


Thank you, we monitor the quality of mod c:
I do not know, we tried to come up with a cool name с:
We were the "engine" for parts and "strange details", and has been called "Himeric Engine".
Good luck with porting!

Yes, I do not even understand how you can achieve such quality when you have such "little time" for this mod xD

Do you see the new :bs: :bvf: :fs: mod smilies? I think it would be rather funny if you made one of them for Himeric Engine, and I suspect that Davo would be more than happy to add it to the list.

I am going to need all of the luck I can get. It seems that the glow textures are part of the new Darkspore models, and SporeMaster can not do that. However, if you would like to create alternate diffuse and tintMask textures, I can send you the scrolling textures, and we can re-create the effect using those textures, but without the animation.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3668
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread postby rob55rod » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:14 am

Image
I have ported another part :mrgreen:

Also, the image shows the paint mode upgrade in the DarkSPORE Creature Editor mod!!
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.


Return to “[WIP] Work In Progress”