force share mod

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
poopy22
Cell
Cell

force share mod

Unread post by poopy22 »

im thinking if this mod is possible, sharing modded creatures like its a mod supporter made by maxis, just think of it how much people would act :lol: anyway is it possible but im ok if its not :roll:

poopy22
Cell
Cell

Re: force share mod

Unread post by poopy22 »

also probally some any part size mod, i know it exist, but the one by forgotten spore made my game unplayable
pacca
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by pacca »

I'm not sure if this is possible. Judging from my experience of trying to match data I found in Tsearch with sporemaster, it seems that many checks aren't managed by the package files. It could also be that the site itself checks after spore sends the creature, in which case this would be impossible without straight up hacking the spore servers.
poopy22
Cell
Cell

Unread post by poopy22 »

but is hacking as bad as modding? (meaning that modding is ok but if hacking is the same)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

You can already share modded creations, they just don't pollinate properly. They make it up to the server, but they don't show up (excluding adding one as a locked captain for an adventure, then clicking the captain panel), and they can't be downloaded unto themselves, be it manually or automagically. Users who have the mod(s) needed can "forcibly" download the creations by logging in, and then attempting to edit or play an adventure containing them. There, mod request granted...

...yay, new personal record for fastest mod request granted!

...wait, I didn't even do anything in terms of modding the game (not needed), so nvm.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
pacca
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by pacca »

So you can force share illegal captains!??! This has potential!

*makes an adventure with the grox as captain*
pacca
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by pacca »

Yay! I did it! Here's a beautiful demonstration of the bug/oversight at work! (This adventure should function on default spore GA, no mods or C&C required, but it should work with mods too)

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500994758502
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

pacguy64 wrote:Yay! I did it! Here's a beautiful demonstration of the bug/oversight at work! (This adventure should function on default spore GA, no mods or C&C required, but it should work with mods too)

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500994758502
Can't wait to take a look at it :3

OFFTOPIC: Some of your other creations are pretty good! I'd like to see what you've done outside of legitimate parts!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
pacca
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by pacca »

Thanks! I added a couple things to the Dark Sporepedia Recently, you might be able to find some stuff there. I like to be nice with my creations, I try to give most of them adequate descriptions, even if its as simple as "A small herbivorous creature". I kind of enjoy having somewhat limited parts, though, I love making early cell to creature creations because I like those parts better, and all the ones from the sporepedia are stuff XD
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

pacguy64 wrote:Thanks! I added a couple things to the Dark Sporepedia Recently, you might be able to find some stuff there. I like to be nice with my creations, I try to give most of them adequate descriptions, even if its as simple as "A small herbivorous creature". I kind of enjoy having somewhat limited parts, though, I love making early cell to creature creations because I like those parts better, and all the ones from the sporepedia are stuff XD
Real shame I'm locked out of the Dark Sporepedia because site bugs. Have you played around with the hidden cell parts or the Cell parts Xtended mod?

pacca
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by pacca »

I love the hidden cell parts. The only issue I have with them is that they look and act a little odd in the creature stage, but I use them nonetheless. I don't like to use them all the time, though; I feel like adding more proper looking transitional creatures to the legit sporepedia is a more charitable effort. I'm tired of my client downloading shitty creatures!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

pacguy64 wrote:I love the hidden cell parts. The only issue I have with them is that they look and act a little odd in the creature stage, but I use them nonetheless. I don't like to use them all the time, though; I feel like adding more proper looking transitional creatures to the legit sporepedia is a more charitable effort. I'm tired of my client downloading shitty creatures!
Agreed, 99.99% of transitional creatures look like cells with legs...or worse, blobs with random parts on them. I hate that.

poopy22
Cell
Cell

Unread post by poopy22 »

oh ok so its a chance cool
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”