Dark Injection Camera Issue

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
Typh39
Hatchling
Hatchling

Dark Injection Camera Issue

Unread post by Typh39 »

First off sorry if this is in the wrong place tis my first post after trying Dark Injection.

I decided to play test it through the game's stages. Starting with the Creature stage. I have one annoying issue that I dunno how to fix it.

It's the camera in the Editor.

The camera, when you first go into Edit mode, flies out past the skybox (the sphere that surrounds the environment in a game to mock a sky). I am able to zoomed in, but the Camera seems focused on the middle of a tree and will not focus on the creature i am editing/creating.

The mode outside the actual game stage works fine save for some interesting Z-fighting. But in the game's progress (when you start a new game) the Camera does not wish to cooperate with where it focuses. IS there a way to have it focus on the creature or is there another mod that could be conflicting with this?

Thanks.
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Dark Injection Camera Issue

Unread post by GBAura »

I never experienced this sort of thing but I should note that DI incorporated a "loose and boundless camera" feature when it comes to the editors so you can zoom out at a great length and move the camera at any angle, even below the ground. Unfortunately, Dark Injection causes a lot of problems when other mods are installed, so you're not the only one that is experiencing this issue. Granted, you CAN fix this with Sporemaster if you know what file is causing it but it's not easy. But tell me this, what mods are you using besides DI?
Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
Typh39
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Typh39 »

Lets take a look, I recently got this game from my (old) backup.

lets see...

Do Note I had to get Steam to play this since my CD drive took a nose dive. So this is Steam Galactic Adventures.

The files are as follows:

1843-no_grox.package
2013_DI_NC.package
5278-AToP Infinity.package
67181-infintepartsize.package
81217-unlimtedcolonypacks.package
91909-permananttempraturechanges.package
Arenas-RDX9.package
Arenas_Textures.package
EP1_PatchData.package
improvedinterstellardrive.package
infinite_traderoutes.package
megapack.package
richmansgalaxy.package
spaceisfun.package
Spore_EP1_Content_01.package
Spore_EP1_Content_02.package
Spore_EP1_Data.package
Spore_EP1_Locale_01.package
Spore_EP1_Locale_02.package
SuperPowers.package

I know I could do without some of these mods, but I had this made before Spore's Modding went the way of the dinosaurs. Overall, I only wish No ammo, No reuse timers mainly. But I do not want ot use Buzzsphere because the abduction beam is broke (it's too fast and I end up slingshotting what I want to pick up across the world)

Also A note. I have a bug with one of the Dark Injection parts. It's one of the feet, Biotic-something, it looks like a hand but it's a foot. It appears invisible at certain angles, Most angles, so it mostly looks like the feet aren't there.

Sorry for the long post! That modding device used to create these is alien to me.

Thanks again!

EDIT: I swapped the Unlimted Complexity and unbound version of DI with the one that kept default and the camera issue is gone. I like the Complexity idea ..but i can't use that version. Also..i need to see about how to get the eyes to appear as eyes instead of all one color...
BeccaBirch
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by BeccaBirch »

Hi!

I am also having this issue, among others. I switched to the other package (the one without unlimited complexity) but I am unable to save any of the creations that I've made. I would really like to switch back to the unlimited-complexity package: is there any possible way to fix the camera issue?

Thanks!
~Becca
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

Hey Becca, I got your email regrading this. I unfortunately overlooked the OP who needs help with DI as well, I feel really foolish for not responding at all. :( Apparently I got overwhelmed and dropped out at the time he asked me. Might as well fix where I started.

I didn't ask the OP this question, but how did you obtain Spore and GA to begin with? The biggest problem with mods for the game, especially with DI is that it doesn't work all that great in the Steam version, and even worse in pirated versions. This is due to the patching system, as Steam uses it's own version rather than the likes of Origin (known at EA Download Manager back in the day). I also think that the OS is also compounding the problem (like Windows 8 or Linux), thought I not sure on this.

Apparently what happened here is that Davo changed the camera angle in the editor in later versions of Dark Injection. It's meant for creators to have a more comfortable view when placing parts and editing their creatures, like having a boundless camera. Something in the code might of not agreed with your copy of the game.

Try this: Unpack the DI_NC file (or the regular version if you are using it) with SporeMaster and search for Editor_Cameras~. You'll find a file called "2EditorCameraCreatureUI_Extra_Large.prop.xml". Copy and paste this info on the right of the program:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<properties>
<string16 name="description">EditorCameraCreatureUI_Extra_Large</string16>
<float name="cameraInitialHeading">-50</float>
<float name="cameraInitialOffsetX">1.2</float>
<float name="cameraInitialOffsetY">0.65</float>
<float name="cameraInitialPitch">-8.6</float>
<float name="cameraInitialZoom">5</float>
<float name="cameraMaxPitch">100</float>
<float name="cameraMaxZoomDistance">7.5</float>
<float name="cameraMinPitch">-100</float>
<float name="cameraMinZoomDistance">2.5</float>
<string16 name="cameraName">EditorCameraCreatureUI</string16>
<float name="cameraNearClip">0.2</float>
<uint32 name="cameraType">16565537</uint32>
</properties> If that doesn't fix the problem, change it with this.
<properties>
<float name="cameraMaxPitch">5</float>
<float name="cameraMinPitch">-55</float>
</properties> Let me know if that fixed the problem but just be warned, the latter will not give you a boundless camera.

If you want my version of SporeMaster with better naming when unpacking files, go here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bmn77 ... er_2.0.rar

Hope this helps! ;)
Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
oxymarrow
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by oxymarrow »

GBAura wrote:Hey Becca, I got your email regrading this. I unfortunately overlooked the OP who needs help with DI as well, I feel really foolish for not responding at all. :( Apparently I got overwhelmed and dropped out at the time he asked me. Might as well fix where I started.

I didn't ask the OP this question, but how did you obtain Spore and GA to begin with? The biggest problem with mods for the game, especially with DI is that it doesn't work all that great in the Steam version, and even worse in pirated versions. This is due to the patching system, as Steam uses it's own version rather than the likes of Origin (known at EA Download Manager back in the day). I also think that the OS is also compounding the problem (like Windows 8 or Linux), thought I not sure on this.

Apparently what happened here is that Davo changed the camera angle in the editor in later versions of Dark Injection. It's meant for creators to have a more comfortable view when placing parts and editing their creatures, like having a boundless camera. Something in the code might of not agreed with your copy of the game.

Try this: Unpack the DI_NC file (or the regular version if you are using it) with SporeMaster and search for Editor_Cameras~. You'll find a file called "2EditorCameraCreatureUI_Extra_Large.prop.xml". Copy and paste this info on the right of the program:
<properties>
<float name="cameraMaxPitch">100</float>
<float name="cameraMinPitch">-100</float>
</properties> If that doesn't fix the problem, change it with this.
<properties>
<float name="cameraMaxPitch">5</float>
<float name="cameraMinPitch">-55</float>
</properties> Let me know if that fixed the problem but just be warned, the latter will not give you a boundless camera.

If you want my version of SporeMaster with better naming when unpacking files, go here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bmn77 ... er_2.0.rar

Hope this helps! ;)
This doesn't work, when i try to pack i get a error, deleted the file and other error...
Poof
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Poof »

So is there any fcuking idea how to fix it? And if it would work?!
-------------------------------------------------------
Would you like an avatar like this? PM me!
MindBlow
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by MindBlow »

There should be other version of that dark injection what fixes that so if you have 2013_DI_NC.package you change that to new file what is 2015_DI_NC_FIX.package

Sorry for bad english :C
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

MindBlow wrote:There should be other version of that dark injection what fixes that so if you have 2013_DI_NC.package you change that to new file what is 2015_DI_NC_FIX.package

Sorry for bad english :C
Um...6 months have passed since that post. Hopefully Poof will eventually return to discover that fix, assuming he hasn't already found it somewhere :U
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
mAiiNFR4ME
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by mAiiNFR4ME »

It doesn't work for me. I can't add in anything at all.
THE HAXOR
Sigur
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Sigur »

On an unrelated note, I came here for help, and mAiinFR4ME, your name speaks to me in a very deep way. I'm sensing Homestuck in this general direction. Just... sensing.
I used to make dragons, but now I make just about everything. Huge thanks to rob55rod and CamBen for their hard work on their part mods, which make my pastime a lot more interesting.

Return to “Mod Help”