On Origin Spore and SCC...

Looking to just have a conversation about Spore? Come join in on the many topics or start a new one!
Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

On Origin Spore and SCC...

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

Aye! I know this is most likely fairly trivial, but I have two questions, both related to the base Origin game with all XPs and the standalone Creature Creator. First one first, naturally.

Can I have the base Origin game and the Origin Creature Creator standalone? I want to complete my Spore PC collection, and SCC is the only way to complete it besides question 2.
Is the free SCC Demo off of the official Spore site compatible with the base Spore games off of Origin?

I'm sorry if these are stupid questions/incredibly trivial questions, but I just want to complete my Spore collection... even if I can't have Darkspore because it won't work on my PC.
EDIT: Turns out the Demo isn't compatible with Origin Spore. Darn.

GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Re: On Origin Spore and SCC...

Unread post by GBAura »

To explain the deal with regular Spore and Spore Creature Creator (although you edited that post), the two games are very different and you can only install one program on it. As you may know, SCC was released as a demo to let people play with one of the editors, but when Spore came out, the installer checks if SCC is in your computer, and asks you to uninstall it before proceeding. Also, if you tried to install SCC yet Spore is on your machine, it won't work. It's not really worth getting SCC these days due to the full game being out unless you're a hardcore Spore fan like me or want to experience the beta elements that didn't make the cut.

Still, if you want to get both programs on it, it's best to get both psychical copies of the game rather than on Origin. Install SCC first (patch it if you want), copy the program files in the Electronic Arts folder and put it on your desktop, and finally install Spore. I'm not sure if it works to my recollection because mine broke on me, but it's worth a try.
Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”