Problem with mods in steam

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Maoman
Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Problem with mods in steam

Unread postby Maoman » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:23 pm

After a hiatus of probably 3 or 4 years, the steam sale of spore, GA, and C&C all for 15$ tempted me in again. After playing through once, I felt like looking up some mods, but nothing seems to work. This seems to be the most active spore mod related forum, so here's what I've been doing:

Obviously, since it's installed through steam, all the normal folder paths are wrong. Mine is located in C:/Steam/steamapps/common/Spore/ There is no Spore_EP1 folder. Within the Spore folder is a Data folder and a DataEP1 folder which I assume is the steam replacement for the Spore_EP1 GA thing. My understanding is to "install" a mod, all you really do is copy the .package files into the Data folder. I tried that as well as putting the mods into the DataEP1 folder. Neither seemed to do anything. The only noticeable difference I've seen is the GUI mod from betterspore actually worked, but nothing else seemed to. Even directly editing the config.txt files as in http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewto ... =33&t=4169 makes no difference.

Super confused by all this - I've never had such problems with modding before, so I'd appreciate any help at all.

CamBen
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Problem with mods in steam

Unread postby CamBen » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:10 am

Honestly there isn't much support we can offer to steam spore users, because it doesn't by default run mods well. Your best bet is to find someone with steam spore and mods too.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

Maoman

Unread postby Maoman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:00 pm

That's kinda what I was hoping for when I posted here - that someone would have tried modding with steam and could give me some insight.

Greiz Odinson

Unread postby Greiz Odinson » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:24 am

I've been trying a few other little tricks and such but so far no luck either on getting my steam spore to mod properly and I can not use origin since it's trash so I guess I'll have to deal with unmodded spore I guess.

Return to “Help”