So, this new mod is called Dark Genetics, and is designed to go with Dark Injection by Davo. This does not mean it requires it, though.
The mod's content includes:
-Recolors of every core Spore part to match the Darkspore parts (not including mouths)
-Completely new parts
-Limbs custom made or cut from the game
-VocalSwap with icons
-AnimalParts (Previously unreleased)
-Aquatic Parts (Unreleased, once part of my aquatic stage mod)
-Static versions of every core Spore mouth and wing
• Modified vertebrae, can now have hands and feet attached to them.
• A few new abilities, such as:
-Autowalker: Directs your creature towards the fastest route to the targeted object, and will walk your creature towards the target, ignoring most if not all terrain routing issues.
-Toxic Flower Charge: Throw toxic flowers as you run by.
-Zombie Charge: Charges forwards, turning nearby creatures into zombies with creepy music playing periodically.
-Infernal Orb: Shoot a glowing orb at the enemy rapidly, causing minor damage.
-Flare Launch: Launches a flare capable of igniting the enemy.
-Orb of Ice: Shoots a small magic orb able to freeze enemies, dealing minor damage while frozen.
• Nonfunctional abilities will hopefully be fixed in the next update. These include 2 other fire type spit abilities, a biological type superweapon, and 3 ice type abilities.
• 3 new editors
• 3 new optional graphics mods
• An optional spine tweaking mod
• 2 optional editor backgrounds
• An optional complete sound effect overhaul
• 37 new test drive animations
• New body shapes for the creature editor
• 3 new test drive backgrounds
HOW TO INSTALL (VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ):
2. Put CB_Dark_Genetics and every other downloaded mod in EP1 data
3. Move (not copy. This step is ESSENTIAL.) Zz_Arenas_Textures from Spore data to BP1 or BP2 data, depending on what expansions you have.
4. If Dark Genetics does not take effect, rename Dark Injection to a lower load order, or rename Dark Genetics to a higher load order.
2. Locate your "Editorsaves.package" file and rename it to "Editorsaves_orig.package". This will make your experience much easier.
3. Open the limb editor using the same method as any other editor. The states are: limbeditor, exolimbeditor, and robolimbeditor.
4. Create your new limb. Do not try to scale the limb segments, or change the base of the limb. To scale limbs, add a hand to the and and scale that up instead. (submitted by rob55rod) Edit only the "elbow" ball joint and onwards. New sections from core spore, DI, CB Custom Parts, or DG can be added, as well as hands, feet, and other creature parts. Tag all creations with gaprop.
5. Close spore, open sporemaster, and unpack your newly generated editorsaves.package. Create a new folder for creature parts, and one for an items palette, etc.
6. Copy over an existing limb_assembly_x creature file, and for the assembly CRT file, make it be the hash name of your creation found in the existing folder. ie #000000.
7. Add your part to the palette
8. Pack it, hope for the best
http://www.mediafire.com/download/549i3 ... netics.zip