Creature Editor Backgrounds - Rainbows

Mods that edit the game editors can be found here.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Creature Editor Backgrounds - Rainbows

Unread post by Davo »

Changes the creature editor background to the vivid mushroom rainbow world...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_FMJqEWW6k[/youtube]

Download: http://www.davoonline.com/sporemods/201 ... ow.package

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Creature Editor Backgrounds - Rainbows

Unread post by Vallachan »

That's pretty cool looking!
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
TheCluckingDuck
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by TheCluckingDuck »

It would've been better if you put in the "destroyed city" background in there, so it could be a "boy's style" mod.
sandwich kingdom
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

All in due time
Cybrox 2
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Cybrox 2 »

The destroyed city would be good
MaquinaViva
Cell
Cell

Unread post by MaquinaViva »

The download link doesn't work for me. After getting past the ad page, it just shows a bunch of garbled unicode s***.
DarkEdgeTV
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by DarkEdgeTV »

Just seen your video for this, I'm surprised I haven't seen it sooner, it's a really cool change to the editors :P

I've just downloaded and put it into the GA Data folder, where I've been putting all of my other mods, and even in the Spore Data folder, but when I enter the from-menu editor I'm not getting any changes. Anyone able to suggest why this may be the case?

If there's any chance these effect it, I have DI and custom parts installed, and a .package file which changes the colour of existing Spore graphics. Nothing to do with the editor backgrounds, as far as I'm aware.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

i think any mod that edits the editor may be causing this issue.
so DI for sure, since i think it adds a different background...
DarkEdgeTV
Tribal
Tribal

I've just removed DI and you're right, that was indeed what was stopping this mod.

No worries then, at least I can still have something cool going if I have to turn DI off for any reason :p
GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

DarkEdgeTV wrote:I've just removed DI and you're right, that was indeed what was stopping this mod.

No worries then, at least I can still have something cool going if I have to turn DI off for any reason :p
From what I'd see on your youtube, you wont find one. You appear to be addicted to the DI mod... :|
GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

DarkEdgeTV wrote:I've just removed DI and you're right, that was indeed what was stopping this mod.

From what I'd see on your youtube, you wont find one. You appear to be addicted to the DI mod... :|
DarkEdgeTV
Tribal
Tribal

Actually there's been a few cases I've not used it. Sometimes I challenge myself to creating in Vanilla Spore :p
Sven.Littkowski
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Sven.Littkowski »

I wonder if you could develop other editor backgrounds, too:
- desert dunes and medium to dark blue summer sky, cloudless, no vegetation, just a few stones here and there
- dark gray rough hexagonal rocks of various height coming from far below rising to far above (fog), with green moss, and light gray or almost white sky
- an enormous open hand as underground and black background
- a black keyboard as developing underground, on a desk, with screen and mouse and speakers around, inside a neutral room
- a dimly illuminated underground cave (inside soil or rock), rounded, some dark tunnel entrances visible (but not reachable), maybe some roots or stalagtites/stalagmites
- a large water plant leaf inside the endless ocean or inside a beautiful natural pond (realistic)+
- irregular, sienna-red terracotta underground, stones or tiles of the same type as walls around or deep blue sky
- on a dining plate on a table with food, fork and knife not far
- on a giant plant leaf inside a jungle (rainforest) with many other huge plants and liana
- under a huge magnifying lens on a white table in a scientific room
- on a huge cut tree trunk in a big dark forest
- on a stack of old papers with sketches, inside a messy work room of a biologist, not too bright warm light
Share modded Spore things at: https://www.Facebook.com/groups/Spore.Game
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Sven.Littkowski wrote:I wonder if you could develop other editor backgrounds, too:
- desert dunes and medium to dark blue summer sky, cloudless, no vegetation, just a few stones here and there
- dark gray rough hexagonal rocks of various height coming from far below rising to far above (fog), with green moss, and light gray or almost white sky
- an enormous open hand as underground and black background
- a black keyboard as developing underground, on a desk, with screen and mouse and speakers around, inside a neutral room
- a dimly illuminated underground cave (inside soil or rock), rounded, some dark tunnel entrances visible (but not reachable), maybe some roots or stalagtites/stalagmites
- a large water plant leaf inside the endless ocean or inside a beautiful natural pond (realistic)+
- irregular, sienna-red terracotta underground, stones or tiles of the same type as walls around or deep blue sky
- on a dining plate on a table with food, fork and knife not far
- on a giant plant leaf inside a jungle (rainforest) with many other huge plants and liana
- under a huge magnifying lens on a white table in a scientific room
- on a huge cut tree trunk in a big dark forest
- on a stack of old papers with sketches, inside a messy work room of a biologist, not too bright warm light
I assume you have yet to notice that custom editor backgrounds aren't possible ATM?

...well, SporeModder will lift that limitation, but until it is released, we can't make custom editor backgrounds.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Sven.Littkowski
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Sven.Littkowski »

Thanks for the info. When seeing this thread, I got the impression that it was possible somehow. Alas. Forgive my many ideas and spontaneousity - I just have ideas. And better to share them with people who might make them real, than to keep them forever in my mind. :-)
Share modded Spore things at: https://www.Facebook.com/groups/Spore.Game
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Sven.Littkowski wrote:Thanks for the info. When seeing this thread, I got the impression that it was possible somehow. Alas. Forgive my many ideas and spontaneousity - I just have ideas. And better to share them with people who might make them real, than to keep them forever in my mind. :-)
Not a problem. I'm in the same boat here, sometimes I come up with ideas that I know aren't possible xD

And yes, better to put those ideas out there for future developers to maybe use, than to keep them locked up forever ._.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Static696
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Static696 »

you can rename the mod to '!!!!!' to send it right to the top of the page so it will be the first thing the game scans when you launch it.

it worked for me when I did that :)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Static696 wrote:

you can rename the mod to '!!!!!' to send it right to the top of the page so it will be the first thing the game scans when you launch it.

it worked for me when I did that :)
Bit late :lol:

Static696
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Static696 »

it would be great if there was a water background, for example if you were making a water creature
Lucyy
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Lucyy »

i want the aquatic editor background so much D:

since i make aquatic creatures it will be amazing
I love to make aquatic spore creatures!

Don't let aquatic stage die out
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Editor Mods”