Davo's Flora Editor

Mods that edit the game editors can be found here.
owenfitz
Cell
Cell

Re: Davo's Flora Editor

Unread post by owenfitz »

Davo,
Excellent work.
Everything works in editor except when i go to paint it only shoes the base color and in-game it only shows the base color. I haven't seen this bug on the forums yet so what should i do?

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

owenfitz wrote:Davo,
Excellent work.
Everything works in editor except when i go to paint it only shoes the base color and in-game it only shows the base color. I haven't seen this bug on the forums yet so what should i do?

i think there is only one page of colors, its been a while.
owenfitz
Cell
Cell

Unread post by owenfitz »

Davo wrote:
owenfitz wrote:Davo,
Excellent work.

i think there is only one page of colors, its been a while.
i didnt make that clear, sorry. The color pages i see are the same as the creature editor so i see the body with two legs and designs and all that. unlike the video where you have the single page of designs
Metal_Raider
Cell
Cell

Some questions about the Davo's Flora Editor

Unread post by Metal_Raider »

Sorry for the epic necro, but I need to know a few things about the Flora Editor:

1-If I create a plant, and use the gaprop tag, as explained, I won't be able to find it in my games, right? Even though the gaprop tag is not working at all in many cases...At least for me.

2-If the gaprop tag won't work for the plant I create, my game will crash every time I use the SOL?

3-Is there a way to edit/re-save the maxis made gaprop plants? I have seen a lot of them (specially the snowy ones) that I would like to have in my games, to fill ecosystems in future colonies and such.

4-I used this creator once, and the plant I created shows as completelly black (no colors or textures) in the Sporepedia. Furthermore, when I delete it from there, and even from the "My Spore creations" folder, the dang thing keeps appearing -.- Any hints about how to remove it completely from my system?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me, and sorry again for necroing an old post. :oops:
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

1. the GA prop is experimental. I didnt play enough space stage to find out. When i did play it i had no issues with them appearing in my game.

2. it will still crash. you already know this, because at this point i have already read question 4.

3. No.

4. i can explain it if i must but it would be easier to just remove it myself, both in which i dont have time to do

Im glad you used this thread, keep it coming.
Metal_Raider
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Metal_Raider »

Thanks for answering.

I need further help to use the Flora Editor to succesfully create several plants to use in game, without the gaprop tag, since I tried this trick to "remove" maxis creations: http://www.sporebase.com/forum/index.php?topic=4849.0 and ended up with my game screwed up, with no plants in new games (although my two previous saved games still have Maxis flora). I tried the workarounds but to no avail, so I thought I should follow CamBen's advice and create my own plants to avoid another re-install of the game, and suffer maxis junk-creations apperaing again in my games. :x

Anyways, the problem I am having is that after following the tutorial video, and putting caps before I add details or anything else, this is what happens:

(click to see the full image, since it keeps cropping it in the forum)

As you can see, I have two problems there. First, there are missing parts, and secondly, for some reason I see the Creatrure Creator color/texture palette. I can apply a base color, but that is it. No textures whatsoever, and when I checked this plant, after saving, in the Sporepedia, the invisible parts show, but it was completely un-textured, meaning that the whole plant, even the flowers, where the same tone of purple. Oh, and it lost a good deal of detail compared to the plant in the editor (for example the flowers look more "squared"). I don't have screenshots of that because for some reason I can't capture anything while in the Sporepedia using the "C" key, and my capturing program, Screenshot Captor, won't take screenshots from Spore whatsoever >.<

I can deal with something like this as the end result:

(click to see the full image, since it keeps cropping it in the forum)

But that is only in Build mode :/

Am I doomed to suffer "Larrys" and "Spikey McGoos" for ever or should I try to create custom flora even if it is this glitchy?

Any help you can provide me is very much appreciated.

P.S: Please ignore any misspelling/bad grammar. Spanish is my first language, not English.
P.S 2: I have the expansion for the flora editor, but it doesn't appear instead of the "Early creature Editor". I have the game installed in the right order, with GA patched to 1.5.1, and Dark Injection active (although I had to rename the texture packages to ZZ...etcetera and move them to the Spore Core data folder).
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

yeah it looks great in the editor, but i cannot figure out why the viewers generate bad previews.

i think the resolution sets low on purpose. look at the maxis trees. they too are low resolution.
its still a buggy editor, its the best i could do for it.

the expansion is buggy and it may not work.
Seichotik
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Seichotik »

Don't the viewers get bad previews for everything in Spore? I know the textures are horrible in the viewers for most creations (except for buildings and vehicles because they patched them later on), as well as effects, so it only makes sense that it would translate even to a plant editor, yeah?
Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

I'm sorry for the massive necro (well over a year!), but it appears that the download link is broken.
EDIT: Nevermind, a different link was broken. DL's just fine.
pacca
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by pacca »

Sorry for the bump, but I have an issue with the custom flora editor. I know everything is installed in the correct order, because I have Dark Injection and Dark Genetics properly installed alongside it. I added an exclamation mark in front of the file name to give it priority, but ingame, it appears just like the original broken editor would in GA. I know the actual mod is loading, though, because it say FloraEditor By Davo in the name box. It looks just as broken as the original, except the leaf parts are creature and vehicle parts, which are rendered useless by the insane glitchiness of the editor. The background is black as usual, and I honestly don't see any functional difference bar the swapped out parts.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

pacguy64 wrote:Sorry for the bump, but I have an issue with the custom flora editor. I know everything is installed in the correct order, because I have Dark Injection and Dark Genetics properly installed alongside it. I added an exclamation mark in front of the file name to give it priority, but ingame, it appears just like the original broken editor would in GA. I know the actual mod is loading, though, because it say FloraEditor By Davo in the name box. It looks just as broken as the original, except the leaf parts are creature and vehicle parts, which are rendered useless by the insane glitchiness of the editor. The background is black as usual, and I honestly don't see any functional difference bar the swapped out parts.
Your problem is likely this:
pacguy64 wrote: I'm using a steam installation
Sorry. Also...you might want to know that the editor is still quite glitchy and unstable even with the mod, just...a little bit less so.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
pacca
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by pacca »

What's so different about the steam installation that prevents so many mods from working? I'm genuinely curious, as I'm considering bringing up spore hacking myself, and steam is currently my only source for the full game.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

pacguy64 wrote:What's so different about the steam installation that prevents so many mods from working? I'm genuinely curious, as I'm considering bringing up spore hacking myself, and steam is currently my only source for the full game.
If I remember correctly, the executable (SporeApp.exe) doesn't patch properly...

...something like that.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
ThatDaisy
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by ThatDaisy »

I have this and custom flora without the gaprop tag. Staff of life works fine.
LodWise
Cell
Cell

Unread post by LodWise »

does any one have this link for this anymore. The link is dead
ThatDaisy
Civilian
Civilian

LodWise wrote:does any one have this link for this anymore. The link is dead
Here you go: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B65DV ... WJOZk9OZzg Quick tip try to make plants thicker than you expect otherwise you can have some weird/ugly looking plants.
LodWise
Cell
Cell

Unread post by LodWise »

sweet thank you. When you make a plant does it save it in the save file so i can move to a dif game or. When it makes the plant its only for one game
ThatDaisy
Civilian
Civilian

LodWise wrote:sweet thank you. When you make a plant does it save it in the save file so i can move to a dif game or. When it makes the plant its only for one game
It saves it just like any creation in the "My Spore Creations" folder. Instead of Creatures or Cells go into the Flora folder in their.
LodWise
Cell
Cell

Unread post by LodWise »

lol thank you i have been playing the same save game from 2012. With this i can add new stuff thank you.
duncanacnud
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by duncanacnud »

neither of the adfly links work
edit: nvm i didnt know there were multiple pages
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Editor Mods”