Unlimited Complexity | Boundless Creature Editor

Mods that edit the game editors can be found here.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Unlimited Complexity | Boundless Creature Editor

Unread post by rob55rod »

TheFlorifant wrote:I installed this and it works, but sometimes the camera starts zooming in and out like crazy, also the editors arrows,(the one you use to change the parts form or oriantation) are huge. I use steam and dark injection.
Congratulations, the mod is behaving as expected. For best results, don't use the boundless version.

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
RhinogatorPlaya
Cell
Cell

Unread post by RhinogatorPlaya »

Can you get this mod with dark injections mod v9!
RhinogatorPlaya
Cell
Cell

Unread post by RhinogatorPlaya »

I also tried it and it didn't work!
marta333
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by marta333 »

I can not upload a mod file!
Help. give another link
Virukino
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Virukino »

Hi, I'm new. From what I know of Spore mods, is that you download the .package file here, and, since this is a core spore mod thing, you'd put it in data(I put it in ep1 too, just in case). I use the steam version, so it's in steamapps-common-spore-Data(or DataEP1). And, just to make sure, I also put it in the creepy/cute folder. None of the 3 or so times I've run spore has it worked. I launched the creature creator, and the complexity meter kept going up. I used a new and a premade creation, with and without freedom. Is there something I need or am missing?
Yes?
Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Unread post by Darhagonable »

Virukino wrote:Hi, I'm new. From what I know of Spore mods, is that you download the .package file here, and, since this is a core spore mod thing, you'd put it in data(I put it in ep1 too, just in case). I use the steam version, so it's in steamapps-common-spore-Data(or DataEP1). And, just to make sure, I also put it in the creepy/cute folder. None of the 3 or so times I've run spore has it worked. I launched the creature creator, and the complexity meter kept going up. I used a new and a premade creation, with and without freedom. Is there something I need or am missing?
Welcome to the comunity!
You are right about that you download the .package file and put it in your data folder but in almost every single case it should go in the Galactic Adventures (EP1) data folder.
If you want working unlimited complexity you should get Dark Injection 9.r instead. That mod works a bit differently than normal packages. Instead it is a .sporemod file which you open with the ModAPI easy installer (as an Admin). This will make an installer show up were you can enable or disable the components of the mod as you please. :P
Virukino
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Virukino »

Ok! Thanks for the info! I'll try to find this Dark Injection, shouldn't be too hard.
Yes?
SacredSpirit1337
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by SacredSpirit1337 »

Is there a mod that gives raised complexity, but you can still share and pollinate it? And what does Dark Injection do, besides add DarkSpore parts? (Man, I miss DarkSpore...) Is there a way to get the parts but not redesign the HUD, editors, and popups, in order to get a more original feel?
Spore name: KG-1337, formerly Griebtopia

Recovered my copy of :rp: through a helpful origin employee who recovered my badge and a mod to add the parts. Perfectly shareable.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

SacredSpirit1337 wrote:Is there a mod that gives raised complexity, but you can still share and pollinate it?
No. When it comes to complexity, the mods aren't responsible for the creation not being shareable. The act of making something which noticeably exceeds the normal complexity limit is what does so, regardless of the means. There's a bit more to it than that, but that's the important part.
SacredSpirit1337 wrote:And what does Dark Injection do, besides add DarkSpore parts?
Beyond Darkspore parts, Dark Injection also adds Darkspore skinpaints, copies of the Core Spore parts with their Darkspore models and textures, Darkspore particle effects, some Darkspore environmental objects as Adventure props, several variants of the Darkspore User Interface, the Hero Editor background as seen in Darkspore, Infinite Complexity for all editors, and probably some other stuff I've forgotten about.
SacredSpirit1337 wrote:(Man, I miss DarkSpore...)
Yeah, you're not the only one ;~;
SacredSpirit1337 wrote:Is there a way to get the parts but not redesign the HUD, editors, and popups, in order to get a more original feel?
Yes, just use the DI Installer and uncheck whatever features you don't want. I can't say I fully understand why so many people prefer the Core Spore look and feel, other than familiarity bias, but hey, the options is there regardless.

EDIT: Sorry about the late reply, by the way. I saw your post last night, but the board was being weird at the time, so I wasn't able to login and send a reply until now. Also, for future reference, it'd be appreciated if you could try to post questions on thread they are relevant to. This thread isn't about Dark Injection, so...

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
SacredSpirit1337
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote: No. When it comes to complexity, the mods aren't responsible for the creation not being shareable. The act of making something which noticeably exceeds the normal complexity limit is what does so, regardless of the means. There's a bit more to it than that, but that's the important part.
Ah, I see. Dangit, I made a cool demonic kaiju bug that really wasn't that complex-looking but maxed out the complexity through sheer size.
rob55rod wrote: Beyond Darkspore parts, Dark Injection also adds Darkspore skinpaints, copies of the Core Spore parts with their Darkspore models and textures, Darkspore particle effects, some Darkspore environmental objects as Adventure props, several variants of the Darkspore User Interface, the Hero Editor background as seen in Darkspore, Infinite Complexity for all editors, and probably some other stuff I've forgotten about.
Hm...could be good to use, but those probably can't be shared, right?
rob55rod wrote: Yeah, you're not the only one ;~;
If only there were some way to revive a fan-run server, like some games were able to do. Look at B.O.T.S, also known as BoutCheetah, which is super old but still has something of a fanbase.
rob55rod wrote: Image
Yes, just use the DI Installer and uncheck whatever features you don't want. I can't say I fully understand why so many people prefer the Core Spore look and feel, other than familiarity bias, but hey, the options is there regardless.
I just saw a video of the mod and thought the cybernetic UI looked incredibly out-of-place during Creature and Tribal modes.
rob55rod wrote: EDIT: Sorry about the late reply, by the way. I saw your post last night, but the board was being weird at the time, so I wasn't able to login and send a reply until now. Also, for future reference, it'd be appreciated if you could try to post questions on thread they are relevant to. This thread isn't about Dark Injection, so...
Ah, sorry. I read that DI used an infinite complexity mod so I didn't give any thought to how tangential it was.

Recovered my copy of :rp: through a helpful origin employee who recovered my badge and a mod to add the parts. Perfectly shareable.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

SacredSpirit1337 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: No. When it comes to complexity, the mods aren't responsible for the creation not being shareable. The act of making something which noticeably exceeds the normal complexity limit is what does so, regardless of the means. There's a bit more to it than that, but that's the important part.
Ah, I see. Dangit, I made a cool demonic kaiju bug that really wasn't that complex-looking but maxed out the complexity through sheer size.
rob55rod wrote: Beyond Darkspore parts, Dark Injection also adds Darkspore skinpaints, copies of the Core Spore parts with their Darkspore models and textures, Darkspore particle effects, some Darkspore environmental objects as Adventure props, several variants of the Darkspore User Interface, the Hero Editor background as seen in Darkspore, Infinite Complexity for all editors, and probably some other stuff I've forgotten about.
Hm...could be good to use, but those probably can't be shared, right?
Yes. But remember, anything which cannot be shared can still be shared via an Adventure.
SacredSpirit1337 wrote:
If only there were some way to revive a fan-run server, like some games were able to do. Look at B.O.T.S, also known as BoutCheetah, which is super old but still has something of a fanbase.
^
SacredSpirit1337 wrote:
I just saw a video of the mod and thought the cybernetic UI looked incredibly out-of-place during Creature and Tribal modes.
SacredSpirit1337 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: EDIT: Sorry about the late reply, by the way. I saw your post last night, but the board was being weird at the time, so I wasn't able to login and send a reply until now. Also, for future reference, it'd be appreciated if you could try to post questions on thread they are relevant to. This thread isn't about Dark Injection, so...
Ah, sorry. I read that DI used an infinite complexity mod so I didn't give any thought to how tangential it was.
Fair enough...although DI doesn't use an Infinite Complexity mod, it just provides infinite complexity. Optionally, ofc, as with any other of DI's features.

SacredSpirit1337
Hatchling
Hatchling

Sorry, it's a little too late in the night for me to formulate a full reply right now, but what does that carat by my musing about wanting a private server for DarkSpore mean? Also, nice H.E.L.I.X. joke. It made me feel nostalgic. But...

SacredSpirit1337
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote: Yes. But remember, anything which cannot be shared can still be shared via an Adventure.
Ah, that's good news, but does that include Dark-Injected creatures, or creatures including the modified cell parts that BetterSpore gave, for example? Or the Vocal Bot Mouths mod, which I highly recommend so the robots don't kill your game? Also, it's kinda' not the same as seeing them in the Stages. :(
SacredSpirit1337 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: ^
Sorry? Not too versed on carats...

Heh, the nostalgia...I just recalled some of the snarky quotes that H.E.L.I.X. used to say as easter eggs if you impatiently spammed some features.
rob55rod wrote: Fair enough...although DI doesn't use an Infinite Complexity mod, it just provides infinite complexity. Optionally, ofc, as with any other of DI's features.
That's one I probably would use, to make really fancy creatures.

Ah, and, I don't know if I'm getting overly tangential again, but I noticed this petition was really close to being sent and was wondering if you guys had seen it: https://www.change.org/p/electronic-art ... e-playable

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

SacredSpirit1337 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Yes. But remember, anything which cannot be shared can still be shared via an Adventure.
Ah, that's good news, but does that include Dark-Injected creatures
Yes

SacredSpirit1337 wrote:or creatures including the modified cell parts that BetterSpore gave, for example?
Yes

SacredSpirit1337 wrote:Or the Vocal Bot Mouths mod, which I highly recommend so the robots don't kill your game?
Those can be shared normally, as long as you got the patch legit from the Dr. Pepper promotion back in 2011 or whenver it was.

SacredSpirit1337 wrote:Also, it's kinda' not the same as seeing them in the Stages. :(
Modded creations are no different from unmodded creations in regards to their ability to appear in save games.

SacredSpirit1337 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: ^
Sorry? Not too versed on carats...
"^" is Discord for "what he said", to put it simply.

SacredSpirit1337 wrote:
Heh, the nostalgia...I just recalled some of the snarky quotes that H.E.L.I.X. used to say as easter eggs if you impatiently spammed some features.
Yeah, those were fun...

SacredSpirit1337 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Fair enough...although DI doesn't use an Infinite Complexity mod, it just provides infinite complexity. Optionally, ofc, as with any other of DI's features.
That's one I probably would use, to make really fancy creatures.
Understandably so.

SacredSpirit1337 wrote:Ah, and, I don't know if I'm getting overly tangential again
I'd argue that that's even more tangential than asking about DI on this thread. Then again, it's kind of a lost cause at this point...just don't do it again, okay? :lol:

SacredSpirit1337 wrote:but I noticed this petition was really close to being sent and was wondering if you guys had seen it: https://www.change.org/p/electronic-art ... e-playable
I've seen it.
I'd love to see it succeed, but I'm not optimistic. Not one bit. Mainly because I know that if I got my hopes up, there might be no recovery from having them crushed by the near-inevitable lack of action we'll most likely see on EAxis' part.

UniverseKeeper2
Cell
Cell

Unread post by UniverseKeeper2 »

Link is broken, after adfly lets me skip ad it just loads codded text on a blank webpage
"I'm just trying to enjoy Spore"
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

UniverseKeeper2 wrote:Link is broken, after adfly lets me skip ad it just loads codded text on a blank webpage
Wrong, try a different browser.

GruesomeBeauty
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by GruesomeBeauty »

Think i got a virus from Ad.fly. Beware, i had to reset all my settings on my browser to get rid of the pop ups and spam. :(
As for the mod itself, It offsets the creature in the editor and enlarges all of the arrows. Basically unusable for me.
'How will you create the Universe?' Image
fredifazbeyar
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by fredifazbeyar »

i love this mod its so helpfull ! Can you make vechile and building creator later would be really thankfull !
Hexdragon
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Hexdragon »

This mod should be remade.
Hitmonplays
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Hitmonplays »

i really wish they had made an update to this, Spore ModAPI (the app to add dark injections and some other mods) isn't working for me, and neither is this mod working. u_u
NO GOD CAN SAVE ME NOW! because i am god... of my own digital universe of course! hehe...
I'm gonna try and make my own mods, i know nothing about modding! qwq
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Editor Mods”