Dark Injection - Darkspore Parts in Spore

Mods that edit the game editors can be found here.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Dark Injection - Darkspore Parts in Spore

Unread post by rob55rod »

sporenewbs wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
sporenewbs wrote:trial posting of my first creation on spore with mods, as thanks for all the help. More spore power to us!!!!

Um...as much as I'm glad to see that you're enjoying it, I should probably note that there's a subforum for posting creations :lol:
yeah I know...it;s just my way of saying thanks for all the help you've given to a newb like me. :) :) :)
Oh, alright :lol:

(Newb? Really? That's a pretty darn accurate recreation of a Pikachu... O.o )

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Eosin
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Eosin »

Hello. I'm the Steam Spore (core+C&C+GA) user. The Dark Injection Mod works perfectly (Color Pack by CamBen also), except one thing: the invisible limbs are visible. I searched the forum to find a similar problem - forum user was recommended to make the highest graphics settings. It doesn't work. So I will explain everything i know:
- Spore on Steam platform
- Windows 8
- Spore (& GA) has the latest patch including the Robot Parts (perhaps patch 1.6.)
- Files:
- 2013_DI.package (DataEP1)
- CB_AAA_Color_pack.package (Data)
- Arenas_RDX9 (rob55rod's, because the files from davoonline.com/sporemods make the parts invisible. Rob added alternative files somewhere in the forum.) (Data)
- Arenas_Textures (also by Rob) (Data)
- I enabled the Force Save according to the ForgottenSpore instructions (changes in the ConfigManager)
- The limbs are visible in Test Drive and Paint Mode.They are grey regardless of the tint of the creature
- Limbs are visible on the Sporepedia (My Creations), but invisible during the preview (click on blue strap with three white dots)
- Limbs are invisible when I play adventures
- Graphic settings are maximized

I attach one photo (video - invalid format extension: avi, mpeg and mp4)

Greet all. You are doing a excellent job!
Attachments
Visible Limbs.png
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

Easy solution: your issue is not an issue.

Simply save your creature and view it in the adventure editor or the sporepedia and the invisible feet and legs will be invisible.

We don't know why this happens for some people, but it's most likely based on things like your operating system, your graphics card, or other things that are not the fault of the user.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Camßεn wrote:Easy solution: your issue is not an issue.

Simply save your creature and view it in the adventure editor or the sporepedia and the invisible feet and legs will be invisible.

We don't know why this happens for some people, but it's most likely based on things like your operating system, your graphics card, or other things that are not the fault of the user.
Wrong. A few users suffer the "grey bars effect" everywhere. Ironically, a few have the opposite "problem", where they only appear in build mode (namely Davo, DarkEdgeTV...and I think my Dad's computer does that too ._. )

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
thethreegobletteers
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by thethreegobletteers »

is there any way for me to get the darkspore parts without getting galactic adventures
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

thethreegobletteers wrote:is there any way for me to get the darkspore parts without getting galactic adventures
Yes, and it's the same method as you'd use if you did have Galactic Adventures, except that you have to use your Core Spore data folder instead of your (nonexistent) Galactic Adventures Data folder. It's kinda buggy, but the parts themselves should work, provided you have patch 5.1 and Force Save installed.

thethreegobletteers
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by thethreegobletteers »

ok thanks i tried it, but like you said its very buggy and some of the parts dont work
sonixverse
Cell
Cell

Unread post by sonixverse »

Hey guys, i recently got dark injections and i used the new abilities like the lasers, sea monster headbutt, deep stab, etc... The ranged ones (lasers and the waves) work fine but when i tested out the melee ones(deep stab, poison dash) the creatures moved toward the each other and stood there and finally after 5 seconds dealt the damage but no movement was showed. Did I do something wrong with my packages in the download or what?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

sonixverse wrote:Hey guys, i recently got dark injections and i used the new abilities like the lasers, sea monster headbutt, deep stab, etc... The ranged ones (lasers and the waves) work fine but when i tested out the melee ones(deep stab, poison dash) the creatures moved toward the each other and stood there and finally after 5 seconds dealt the damage but no movement was showed. Did I do something wrong with my packages in the download or what?
The abilities are really buggy for some people (myself included), and I have no idea why. Not much that can be done right now :/

sonixverse
Cell
Cell

Unread post by sonixverse »

rob55rod wrote:
sonixverse wrote:Hey guys, i recently got dark injections and i used the new abilities like the lasers, sea monster headbutt, deep stab, etc... The ranged ones (lasers and the waves) work fine but when i tested out the melee ones(deep stab, poison dash) the creatures moved toward the each other and stood there and finally after 5 seconds dealt the damage but no movement was showed. Did I do something wrong with my packages in the download or what?
The abilities are really buggy for some people (myself included), and I have no idea why. Not much that can be done right now :/
ok thanks, i just wanted to make sure I didn't somehow mess up the file when I downloaded it.
StarMC
Cell
Cell

Unread post by StarMC »

Davo can u make that the robot parts that comes with the mod has the steel color like the normal ones .
im kinda different from all other ppl 8-)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

StarMC wrote:[strike]Davo[/strike] can u make that the robot parts that comes with the mod has the steel color like the normal ones . im kinda different from all other ppl 8-)
Just move Arenas_Textures.package and Arenas_RDX9.package to SPORE/Data (instead of SPORE_EP1/Data), and rename them to zArenas_Textures.package and zArenas_RDX9.package respectively.

Also Davo isn't around all that often anymore. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them :3

(Oh, and the text lingo isn't appreciated. It detracts from your credibility, and is kinda hard to read)

EDIT: Accidentally clicked Submit instead of Preview, resulting in a half-finished post. Fixed now .-.-.

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to when you say "text lingo" or that it isn't appreciated... I see people using acronyms and text speech and misspelling stuff all the time here and it doesn't really impact the meaning of a sentence
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
StarMC
Cell
Cell

Unread post by StarMC »

Oh my god Thx Im so happy , also i forgot u r the one who post this , i accidently type davo :cry:
StarMC
Cell
Cell

Unread post by StarMC »

Oh w8 doing that will result in no texture -_- im too quick
can u just edit it ? it would be easier , but i get it that ur lazy lolz , No Offense ;)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

StarMC wrote:Oh my god Thx Im so happy , also i forgot u r the one who post this , i accidently type davo :cry:
Davo did start the thread, so it's a forgivable error .-.-.
StarMC wrote:Oh w8 doing that will result in no texture -_- im too quick
can u just edit it ? it would be easier , but i get it that ur lazy lolz , No Offense ;)
waitwut

Sorry, I'm having a really hard time making sense of this post >.<

Nubenoob
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Nubenoob »

Help, when i downloaded the Dr. pepper parts, all the dark injection robot parts disappeared!
What do i do?
I am using the V9 beta thing thingy
aeiou
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Nubenoob wrote:Help, when i downloaded the Dr. pepper parts, all the dark injection robot parts disappeared!
What do i do?
I am using the V9 beta thing thingy
Just move BP2_Data.package from the Bot Parts Data folder to the Galactic Adventures Data folder ._.

(Move, not copy)

Nubenoob
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Nubenoob »

Oh noes! i moved it, but it did not work, and i now downloaded the cute and creepy pack, and now half of the thingies are gone!
what happend
aeiou
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Nubenoob wrote:Oh noes! i moved it, but it did not work, and i now downloaded the cute and creepy pack, and now half of the thingies are gone!
what happend
Please tell me the full paths for your C&C, GA, and Bot parts installs, and where the packages from each are, as well as the DI package.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Editor Mods”