Spore Hero...TAKEN THE NEXT STEP!!!!

The place to discuss getting '1up' on Nintendo games.
Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3241
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Spore Hero...TAKEN THE NEXT STEP!!!!

Unread post #1 by rob55rod » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:32 pm


I DID IT!!! I MODIFIED THE FILES IN SOME WAY!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!! So...what do you think? Is this the End of Glory, the Beginning of the end, or a new way to MAKE YOURSELF A HERO?
Last edited by CamBen on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed youtube tag



The Boss
Location: NOLA
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Cancer
Age: 33
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Spore Hero...TAKEN THE NEXT STEP!!!!

Unread post #2 by Davo » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:20 pm

...
Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad


Tech Support

Tech Support

CamBen
User avatar
Posts: 1368
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:26 pm
Location: California
Gender: None specified
Zodiac: Cancer
Age: 18
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Spore Hero...TAKEN THE NEXT STEP!!!!

Unread post #3 by CamBen » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:13 pm

...
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3241
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Spore Hero...TAKEN THE NEXT STEP!!!!

Unread post #4 by rob55rod » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:48 pm

Davo wrote:...

Camßεn wrote:...

Well, I wanted to prove that it can be done, in the hopes that someone would, from this proof of concept, gain the motivation needed to crack open the rpk files. Judging by the fact that the rpk files, when opened with WordPad, often contain strange paths, and the ones for parts cannot be swapped around as-is, I've concluded that they must be some kind of archive. The fact that they even crash the game on Dolphin Emulator furthers this theory, as many things that crash a wii work on Dolphin. In Super Mario Galaxy 2, almost anything goes on Dolphin, but an invalidly set up arc archive is one of the few exceptions. The same appears to be the case with Spore Hero. I swapped Zarkhator and Sage simply because I could not easily identify any other characters by their filenames. Zarkhator goes by the filename Nemesis (which was also used in many trailers prior to the game's release, either as a placeholder or it was changed fairly last-minute) while Sage goes by the filename Hub_Sage, which is fairly self-explanatory. There are (obviously) more files that would need swapping, and I'll look into them soon. If I can completely replace Sage with Zarkhator, I will be fairly confident that more can be done once any research goes into any part of the game.

P.S. Sorry for the text wall.

Tech Support

Tech Support

Emd4600 [ASR]
User avatar
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:21 am
Location: Sporepedia2's City, Spain
Gender: Male
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Spore Hero...TAKEN THE NEXT STEP!!!!

Unread post #5 by Emd4600 [ASR] » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:35 am

Give me one .rpk file, please. I want to see them.
Image
Image

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3241
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Spore Hero...TAKEN THE NEXT STEP!!!!

Unread post #6 by rob55rod » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:31 am

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Give me one .rpk file, please. I want to see them.

I hope you like the Spor-O-Mega, because that's the sample I'm giving you. Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fccg3nsjrq94cc3/CE_weapon_ultimate.rpk

Staff Sergeant

Staff Sergeant

GIRGHGH
User avatar
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:28 pm
Gender: None specified
Status: Offline

Re: Spore Hero...TAKEN THE NEXT STEP!!!!

Unread post #7 by GIRGHGH » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:11 am

Where the invisible limbs and elevated feet intended? Also, I record my stuff with a DIGITAL CAMERA! That's worser than a camcorder.
Image

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3241
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Spore Hero...TAKEN THE NEXT STEP!!!!

Unread post #8 by rob55rod » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:59 am

GIRGHGH wrote:Where the invisible limbs and elevated feet intended? Also, I record my stuff with a DIGITAL CAMERA! That's worse than a camcorder.

No, it was not. I feel for you about your camera issue. It seems the creatures are made up of multiple files:
ISO/animdata/creatures/dev/________.blocks
ISO/species/________.sporewii
ISO/species/________.texture
Also, in the subfolders of ISO/sporepcdata, many prop files can be found. I looked at a few in WordPad, and much to my confusion and amusement, found references to cell and vehicle parts! I've also found things in there referencing idol parts, and information that resembles paths that can be found in the part rpk files when they're viewed with WordPad. I'm gonna try some stuff now. If anything works, I'll upload something.

EDIT: Found some python scripts in ISO:/sporepcdata !

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

GBAura
User avatar
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:24 am
Location: In a blackhole
Gender: Female
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Spore Hero...TAKEN THE NEXT STEP!!!!

Unread post #9 by GBAura » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:39 am

*Mouth Drops*

I always thought that it's possible to mod Spore Hero since the game shares the same technology as the original.

Yes! It's now official! You finally stepped through and beyond!

Also, as for Zarkhator going by "Nemesis", that's his original name during development, I think.
Image

Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3241
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Spore Hero...TAKEN THE NEXT STEP!!!!

Unread post #10 by rob55rod » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:30 am

GBAura wrote:*Mouth Drops*

I always thought that it's possible to mod Spore Hero since the game shares the same technology as the original.

Yes! It's now official! You finally stepped through and beyond!

Also, as for Zarkhator going by "Nemesis", that's his original name during development, I think.

Yeah, when the thing in the video worked, I lost my jaw as well. I was stuck with only proboscis and filter for 2 DAYS! Glad to see that people are noticing. EMD is going to look into cracking open the game's RPK files as soon as I can get them to him (a few minutes from now)), which I had come to believe are archives of some sort...until EMD found that they're not far off from Spore PACKAGE files! I believe that RPK = Revolution PacKage .

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

GBAura
User avatar
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:24 am
Location: In a blackhole
Gender: Female
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Spore Hero...TAKEN THE NEXT STEP!!!!

Unread post #11 by GBAura » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:46 pm

rob55rod wrote:Yeah, when the thing in the video worked, I lost my jaw as well. I was stuck with only proboscis and filter for 2 DAYS! Glad to see that people are noticing. EMD is going to look into cracking open the game's RPK files as soon as I can get them to him (a few minutes from now)), which I had come to believe are archives of some sort...until EMD found that they're not far off from Spore PACKAGE files! I believe that RPK = Revolution PacKage .


*Srrnk* OK, I didn't except that remark. I always thought that the RPK files are actually creature parts (if you remember I thread I made asking about this), so it's nice to see that you two managed to confirm it was true. I tried to rip the parts for myself but I gave up because it was so difficult, considered to make a mod that contains all the parts and textures from the spin-off titles.
Image

Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3241
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Spore Hero...TAKEN THE NEXT STEP!!!!

Unread post #12 by rob55rod » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:26 pm

GBAura wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Yeah, when the thing in the video worked, I lost my jaw as well. I was stuck with only proboscis and filter for 2 DAYS! Glad to see that people are noticing. EMD is going to look into cracking open the game's RPK files as soon as I can get them to him (a few minutes from now)), which I had come to believe are archives of some sort...until EMD found that they're not far off from Spore PACKAGE files! I believe that RPK = Revolution PacKage .


*Srrnk* OK, I didn't except that remark. I always thought that the RPK files are actually creature parts (if you remember I thread I made asking about this), so it's nice to see that you two managed to confirm it was true. I tried to rip the parts for myself but I gave up because it was so difficult, considered to make a mod that contains all the parts and textures from the spin-off titles.

Well RPK files are creature parts, but they're also a lot of other things...

Tech Support

Tech Support

Emd4600 [ASR]
User avatar
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:21 am
Location: Sporepedia2's City, Spain
Gender: Male
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Spore Hero...TAKEN THE NEXT STEP!!!!

Unread post #13 by Emd4600 [ASR] » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:42 am

Yeah, in a part .rpk is mentioned a .gsh texture, that I'll try to cnvert to .dds later. So I suppose that in the .rpk there are the textures and models of the part.
Image
Image

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3241
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Spore Hero...TAKEN THE NEXT STEP!!!!

Unread post #14 by rob55rod » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:54 am

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Yeah, in a part .rpk is mentioned a .gsh texture, that I'll try to cnvert to .dds later. So I suppose that in the .rpk there are the textures and models of the part.

Seems legit. I did say that they appeared to be archives, and by the way, Lots of things that aren't parts are also stored as RPKs if you didn't notice.


Return to “Nintendo”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest