Usable Glow Armor!! GLOWING ARMOR IN...YOUR INVENTORY!!!!

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Usable Glow Armor!! GLOWING ARMOR IN...YOUR INVENTORY!!!!

Unread post by rob55rod »

I'm sure you've seen those glowing armor plates...on a certain handful of heroes...or in Dark Injection...

You know,
THESE Glowing Armors? Well, do I have news for you! I decided, last night, to make them unlockable in-game. Instead, I replaced the rust-and-peach coloured armors with them, because I don't like rust and peach, but I DO like Glowing armor. Today, I decided to unveil my creation to the public...

...wow, did I really think there was a public left to unveil it to? ANYWAYS, here it is. Pictures (Open in new tab to see full image):

(THIS ONE'S ALSO A TEASER AT MY NEXT MOD)

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
DarkEdgeTV
Tribal
Tribal

Re: Usable Glow Armor!! GLOWING ARMOR IN...YOUR INVENTORY!!!

Unread post by DarkEdgeTV »

Wow, I've never actually noticed there was proper glowing armor. At least not specialized like that.

So when it comes to Darkspore mods, since this is an online game, what happens if I use a modded (or in this case, replaced) part and enter a co-operative game with another user? Do they get to see it, or does my game break?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

DarkEdgeTV wrote:Wow, I've never actually noticed there was proper glowing armor. At least not specialized like that.

So when it comes to Darkspore mods, since this is an online game, what happens if I use a modded (or in this case, replaced) part and enter a co-operative game with another user? Do they get to see it, or does my game break?
Replacer mods like this one don't affect multiplayer at all, your creations will just be a bit mismatched when compared to their icons, from the perspective of other users. More significant mods like the DarkSpore creature editor...good luck getting into a multiplayer match with non-modded players using a modded squad.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

Modded Heros or whatever they are call can be seen in full effect as long as both players have the mod. I think i uploaded a video on YouTube...

One of my guys has Stewie Griffins head ha
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Davo wrote:Modded Heros or whatever they are call can be seen in full effect as long as both players have the mod. I think i uploaded a video on YouTube...

True. But this particular mod does not affect multiplayer at all, meaning players with the mod can play with players without the mod, no problem.

Stewie Griffin...Stewie Griffin...agh, I know that name...why can't I remember where...fine, enough of me trying to remember, who is that, exactly?

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

rob55rod wrote:
Davo wrote:Modded Heros or whatever they are call can be seen in full effect as long as both players have the mod. I think i uploaded a video on YouTube...

True. But this particular mod does not affect multiplayer at all, meaning players with the mod can play with players without the mod, no problem.

Stewie Griffin...Stewie Griffin...agh, I know that name...why can't I remember where...fine, enough of me trying to remember, who is that, exactly?
Google is a great friend
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Camßεn wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

Google is a great friend
Um...Google? And here I was thinking it was
Image.

My mistake.

Kidding, I know it's Google.

94Connor949
Creature
Creature

Re: Usable Glow Armor!! GLOWING ARMOR IN...YOUR INVENTORY!!!!

Unread post by 94Connor949 »

I really like this mod and all, but... why did it have to be the rust and peach ones. I liked those, since they were the only armor that was recolorable in the first place. The other two (white+grey, black) don't accept any colors whatsoever.

Would it be too much to ask for a version that replaces those two instead?

Also, I'm curious, would it be possible to replace some of those cutsey-looking hands/feet too? I'm really sick of getting great stats on those awful things. :/
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

94Connor949 wrote:I really like this mod and all, but... why did it have to be the rust and peach ones. I liked those, since they were the only armor that was recolorable in the first place. The other two (white+grey, black) don't accept any colors whatsoever.

Would it be too much to ask for a version that replaces those two instead?

Also, I'm curious, would it be possible to replace some of those cutsey-looking hands/feet too? I'm really sick of getting great stats on those awful things. :/
Okay, will do. I'd need some specific examples reharding the hands and feet, though.

94Connor949
Creature
Creature

Unread post by 94Connor949 »

Well that was fast.

Does this help?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/441osho5wqgt ... sdcXmdzwca

(Yes, the 'Replace With' folder is just Grox hands/feet. I figured if I had to pick something, it might well be those.)
florentinenoble
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by florentinenoble »

I am so going to download this when I get home. Can't go on mediafire at school since my school is stupid and blocked it..
[img]http://www.davoonline.com/
sporemodder/rob55rod/DI_9r/
DI9r_subforum_emblem.png[/img]
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

spikd_telecaster wrote:I am so going to download this when I get home. Can't go on mediafire at school since my school is stupid and blocked it..
Don't bother. Darkspore is no longer playable, remember?

florentinenoble
Tribal
Tribal

rob55rod wrote:
spikd_telecaster wrote:I am so going to download this when I get home. Can't go on mediafire at school since my school is stupid and blocked it..
Oh..I read that post wrong, then. I thought it was for Spore, not Darkspore. Oh well. //shrug//
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

spikd_telecaster wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Oh..I read that post wrong, then. I thought it was for Spore, not Darkspore. Oh well. //shrug//
Well it's in the Darkspore modding subforum for a reason... :lol:

Also this armor is already available in Dark Injection, so there'd be no point to a separate Spore mod for it ._.

florentinenoble
Tribal
Tribal

Ah. Didn't read what section it was in (currently on my phone so everything is mashed together) xP

And yeah..I just now realized that, I'm having an off day today..
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

spikd_telecaster wrote:Ah. Didn't read what section it was in (currently on my phone so everything is mashed together) xP
Bleh, Davoonline mobile view :lol:
spikd_telecaster wrote:And yeah..I just now realized that, I'm having an off day today..
Eh, we all do every now and then.

florentinenoble
Tribal
Tribal

rob55rod wrote:
spikd_telecaster wrote:Ah. Didn't read what section it was in (currently on my phone so everything is mashed together) xP
Bleh, Davoonline mobile view :lol:
spikd_telecaster wrote:And yeah..I just now realized that, I'm having an off day today..
Eh, we all do every now and then.
True, true, if I can figure out how to do that on my phone (my phone is old and crappy and stupid)..

And ye, especially me. I'm talented like that xD
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modding”