Idea...

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Idea...

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

Self explanatory.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Idea...

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

I can't mod darkspore, and nobody who can commented on this, so probably not. Most madders here can't mad darkspore anyway. Only spore.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

GIRGHGH wrote:I can't mod darkspore, and nobody who can commented on this, so probably not. Most madders here can't mad darkspore anyway. Only spore.
Darkspore isn't exactly hard to mod, I just don't see the point in doing it since nobody really plays it.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

It's like modding Spore.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

I know many people that play it. And, a mod like this might make people who play spore want to try the game again, since playing as a Grox in ANY game is cool. Even if it's only para uno momento. Did I translate that right?
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

lol, yes you did.
I can mod Spore with DarkSpore things but not DarkSpore with Spore things because I didn't buy DarkSpore. Anyway, if you have DarkSpore and Spore, you can mae it yourself.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

I bought darkspore for quite a bit when it first came out and got up to the final boss but never beat him. Then after a while I got bored of it because the storyline was lame and the editor kinda sucked.

Modding it would be pretty much the same as modding spore, except that you'd have more limitations and more hashed values, since darkspore is not as dynamic as spore, and getting anything sensible out of hashed names takes lots of work on the game files, meaning anything that is purely darkspore and not spore would be nonsensical strings of numbers.

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Camßεn wrote:I bought darkspore for quite a bit when it first came out and got up to the final boss but never beat him. Then after a while I got bored of it because the storyline was lame and the editor kinda sucked.

Modding it would be pretty much the same as modding spore, except that you'd have more limitations and more hashed values, since darkspore is not as dynamic as spore, and getting anything sensible out of hashed names takes lots of work on the game files, meaning anything that is purely darkspore and not spore would be nonsensical strings of numbers.
I have a theory on how this could...ahem...SORT OF happen, and it involves discoveries related to PreBaked.package and the DG Limb Editor. I'll take a look into it soon. I don't care that next to noone plays darkspore, or that the story is lame, or that the editor kinda sucked. If even ONE person has an idea, and ONE person wants to see it happen, and I can give that ONE person the mod they want, then I have all the reasons I need to give it a shot.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

I happen to like the story.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Basically all the story consists of is "the darkspore have moved to 'here', go kill them"

emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Look at a post theme called "My reg_file, etc" or something like that. It renames a lot of DarkSpore's files.
Anyway, adding new parts to the editors isn't imposible, the model and texture format it's the same.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

Camßεn wrote:Basically all the story consists of is "the darkspore have moved to 'here', go kill them"
That's only how the story is happening in current time. I mean what happened 100's of years BEFORE you go on campaigns. Also, the don't move, they are already there. They just occasionaly re-appear.
Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Look at a post theme called "My reg_file, etc" or something like that. It renames a lot of DarkSpore's files.
Anyway, adding new parts to the editors isn't impossible, the model and texture format it's the same.
I mean to add a whole new hero, not make an existing one look grox-ish. Anyway, I tried modding spore once, I failed to understand spore master completely. The second time I tried i managed to not have it always instantly crash after 20 seconds.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Look at a post theme called "My reg_file, etc" or something like that. It renames a lot of DarkSpore's files.
Anyway, adding new parts to the editors isn't imposible, the model and texture format it's the same.
Of course it isn't, I just have no interest in doing so.

StarDream
Creature
Creature

Unread post by StarDream »

I don't know Original creator MOD.
GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

StarDream wrote:I don't know Original creator MOD.
Could somebody explain what this person is talking about? :|
StarDream
Creature
Creature

Unread post by StarDream »

The Grox by MAXIS.
GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by GIRGHGH »