The DarkSpore Creature Editor

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
DarkEdgeTV
Tribal
Tribal

Re: The DarkSpore Creature Editor

Unread post by DarkEdgeTV »

Huh. Guess I've been living in the dark about this mod.

Looks like a new toy to try out! If it's stable, that is :P

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

DarkEdgeTV wrote:Huh. Guess I've been living in the dark about this mod.

Looks like a new toy to try out! If it's stable, that is :P
It will probably never be 'stable', so...let's just say, don't use it with any heroes you've spent a lot of time designing, unless you don't care if they get reset. Major WIP, full of bugs. More bugs than the game itself, if I've counted correctly!
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
DarkEdgeTV
Tribal
Tribal

I've just tried it out now on an older captain - very interesting mod actually, especially with all of the new textures. Though, like you said in the other thread, not sure I would risk playing with this in cooperative :lol: More likely just as another art tool.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

DarkEdgeTV wrote:I've just tried it out now on an older captain - very interesting mod actually, especially with all of the new textures. Though, like you said in the other thread, not sure I would risk playing with this in cooperative :lol: More likely just as another art tool.
You aren't going to get banned, but everyone else in the party will spontaneously get kicked then you'll enter the level alone...usually. No harm done, long-term.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Botifier
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Botifier »

wait you have the mod? could I have it too?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Botifier wrote:wait you have the mod? could I have it too?
It's already available for download.

DarkEdgeTV
Tribal
Tribal

I wasn't concerned about banning (though that's a good point, thanks for the reassurance) but more, if joining a co-op on a modded creation completely wrecks the group, the other person's client, etc. etc. :P

But if all it is is a kick, that's not too bad. Nothing game-breaking, anyway.
rob55rod wrote:Now what am I supposed to do with this utterly gamebreaking, crash-prone, not-as-good-as-it-looked-in-the-video package of junk!?! Well, here it is anyway: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zu6c2 ... or.package
Here's the mod download, on Page 2
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

DarkEdgeTV wrote:I wasn't concerned about banning (though that's a good point, thanks for the reassurance) but more, if joining a co-op on a modded creation completely wrecks the group, the other person's client, etc. etc. :P

But if all it is is a kick, that's not too bad. Nothing game-breaking, anyway.
Wow, never thought of that. Good thing it doesn't!
DarkEdgeTV wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Now what am I supposed to do with this utterly gamebreaking, crash-prone, not-as-good-as-it-looked-in-the-video package of junk!?! Well, here it is anyway: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zu6c2 ... or.package
Ehehe...um...
YOU HAVE NO IDEA I EVER SAID THAT...

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

i constantly forget the mods i work on... is this the limb editor or the spine tweeker versions?
last i remember, we could not get both to exist together.

but it was fun none the less...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Davo wrote:i constantly forget the mods i work on... is this the limb editor or the spine tweeker versions?
last i remember, we could not get both to exist together.

but it was fun none the less...
We merged them, successfully.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Just wanted to announce that I'm still working on this! If all goes as planned, I'll probably have a new video up sometime this week!

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

THIS MOD ISN'T OVER YET!!!!!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaH7s6f6jto[/youtube]

Geez...I guess it's been a bit more than a week since that announcement from back in February... :lol:

fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

When will we get a better and more stable version of the mod?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

fungus3 wrote:When will we get a better and more stable version of the mod?
Here you go. I give up. This game is too damn hardcoded :/

Meh...maybe I'll start working on it again someday...but don't count on it :/

fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

rob55rod wrote:

No, don't give up! Keep trying and maybe it will finally work!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

fungus3 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

*sigh*

There isn't even anything left to try, as far as I can tell. I may work on it in the future, but IDK. I said it in a manner that sounds like I wouldn't so it didn't sound like there was still (likely false) hope.

Also you'll need to remove the mod whenever you want to play multiplayer with unmodded users. Install Spore Force Save to prevent your heroes from being reset. In fact, I recommend you never remove it, just to prevent an unintended "oops my heroes are gone" situation. Some modded heroes will work in multiplayer with unmodded players, some won't. It seems to be random as to which will work and who they'll work with, but there's no correlation to the extent to which you deviate from the base creature, so go crazy and cross your fingers :lol:

Also fun fact: With the mod, you can alt-copy parts, both from the base creature, equipment slots, and detail slots O.o

fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

rob55rod wrote:
fungus3 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Here you go. I give up. This game is too damn hardcoded :/

*sigh*

There isn't even anything left to try, as far as I can tell. I may work on it in the future, but IDK. I said it in a manner that sounds like I wouldn't so it didn't sound like there was still (likely false) hope.

Also you'll need to remove the mod whenever you want to play multiplayer with unmodded users. Install Spore Force Save to prevent your heroes from being reset. In fact, I recommend you never remove it, just to prevent an unintended "oops my heroes are gone" situation. Some modded heroes will work in multiplayer with unmodded players, some won't. It seems to be random as to which will work and who they'll work with, but there's no correlation to the extent to which you deviate from the base creature, so go crazy and cross your fingers :lol:

Also fun fact: With the mod, you can alt-copy parts, both from the base creature, equipment slots, and detail slots O.o
I know, right? Maybe if you copy an item with stats, that item will be duplicated in the inventory; i.e.: Place a lv200 part; save edit; alt-copy the part; have copies of it in your inventory; sell the copies...

Remember, as long as Darkspore's servers are running and playable, there is still a chance to mod the game to its fullest.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

fungus3 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
fungus3 wrote:
*sigh*

I know, right? Maybe if you copy an item with stats, that item will be duplicated in the inventory; i.e.: Place a lv200 part; save edit; alt-copy the part; have copies of it in your inventory; sell the copies...

Remember, as long as Darkspore's servers are running and playable, there is still a chance to mod the game to its fullest.
No, you can copy parts, not items. There's a difference. The trick allows you to get a ton of parts from one item, but the change is only aesthetic. It's like asymmetric parts in Spore - you don't get the currency back until both parts from the pair are sold.

Also Darkspore's increasingly unstable servers are leading me to believe it'd be a better idea to focus on getting as much of Darkspore into Spore as possible, as fast as possible, not the other way around. And that's why, DI 9.r is no longer confined to the creature editor in its functional influence *cough*Adventurestuff*cough*

fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

The creature editor doesn't work well on limbs and the spine or at all with mouths. Also, the manipulators are very hard to control, especially the limb manipulators, because the manipulators block the other parts :p. Also, the manipulators are very huge
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

fungus3 wrote:The creature editor doesn't work well on limbs and the spine or at all with mouths.
That's the part I was stuck on :Y
fungus3 wrote:Also, the manipulators are very hard to control, especially the limb manipulators, because the manipulators block the other parts :p. Also, the manipulators are very huge
That's a workaround for the above problem. See, I had to make the joint balls huge, so the mouse could move from one directly to the next without ever leaving, which was necessary for this to work, given the sheer bugginess of the way Darkspore allows interaction with limbs.

Now do you see why I'm losing hope? ._.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modding”