Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Unread post by rob55rod »

Eevee Craft wrote:Yeah, I've tried several times with it. It doesn't matter whether I have mods or not, it still produces that same glitch.
Then why are you posting this on the Dark Injection Release Thread?

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Luigi.exe
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Luigi.exe »

rob55rod wrote:
Eevee Craft wrote:Yeah, I've tried several times with it. It doesn't matter whether I have mods or not, it still produces that same glitch.
I already said it, it has something to do with Dark Injections, that I'm sure of. It only happens when I edit something in the Dark Injections editor and save it; after I uninstall the mods, and use that same captain; the game still gives me that glitch when I use that captain I edited within Dark Injections. It doesn't pop up for no reason, or on completely vanilla creations, only ones that were edited and saved within the Dark Injections creature editor.
Spore is your imagination, the stronger it is; the better you can be in Spore! Image
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Eevee Craft wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
I already said it, it has something to do with Dark Injections, that I'm sure of. It only happens when I edit something in the Dark Injections editor and save it; after I uninstall the mods, and use that same captain; the game still gives me that glitch when I use that captain I edited within Dark Injections. It doesn't pop up for no reason, or on completely vanilla creations, only ones that were edited and saved within the Dark Injections creature editor.
Clearly there's been a misunderstanding.

When I asked if it still happened without DI, I meant to new/edited creations, not those already affected :lol:

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Luigi.exe
Creature
Creature

rob55rod wrote:
Eevee Craft wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Then why are you posting this on the Dark Injection Release Thread?
Clearly there's been a misunderstanding.

When I asked if it still happened without DI, I meant to new/edited creations, not those already affected :lol:
If you mean by any creations not edited within the Dark Injections editor, they're just fine, but I've tested other creations in that editor; all creations I've made within that editor gave me that glitch, not just that one creature. I left everything else alone, and they seem to be just fine when I play as them when Dark Injections is installed when I don't edit them.
Spore is your imagination, the stronger it is; the better you can be in Spore! Image
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Eevee Craft wrote:If you mean by any creations not edited within the Dark Injections editor, they're just fine, but I've tested other creations in that editor; all creations I've made within that editor gave me that glitch, not just that one creature. I left everything else alone, and they seem to be just fine when I play as them when Dark Injections is installed when I don't edit them.
Let me get this straight.

So if you create or edit a creature with Dark Injection installed, the glitch happens.

And if you create or edit a creature without Dark Injection installed, it doesn't happen.

Is that correct? Also, what editor background component are you using?

Luigi.exe
Creature
Creature

rob55rod wrote:
Eevee Craft wrote:If you mean by any creations not edited within the Dark Injections editor, they're just fine, but I've tested other creations in that editor; all creations I've made within that editor gave me that glitch, not just that one creature. I left everything else alone, and they seem to be just fine when I play as them when Dark Injections is installed when I don't edit them.

So if you create or edit a creature with Dark Injection installed, the glitch happens.

And if you create or edit a creature without Dark Injection installed, it doesn't happen.

Exactly! And editor background component? I never really heard of that term, it would be nice if you specify.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Eevee Craft wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

Exactly! And editor background component? I never really heard of that term, it would be nice if you specify.
DI 9.r is componentized. There are several options provided for Editor Backgrounds. Which one did you install?

Luigi.exe
Creature
Creature

For the stable version, I downloaded the right side of two of the four total downloads for infinite complexity if that's what you're asking. If you want, I can take a screenshot of my DataEP1 folder and post it, as I just have the arena's textures with the z in front of my normal date folder for Spore (Since that was the last time I reported an issue).
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Eevee Craft wrote:For the stable version, I downloaded the right side of two of the four total downloads for infinite complexity if that's what you're asking. If you want, I can take a screenshot of my DataEP1 folder and post it, as I just have the arena's textures with the z in front of my normal date folder for Spore (Since that was the last time I reported an issue).
Eh, I guess that works.

Luigi.exe
Creature
Creature

Here, it's an attachment; there's nothing really important, just my DataEp1 folder with what's installed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Eevee Craft wrote:Here, it's an attachment; there's nothing really important, just my DataEp1 folder with what's installed.
You don't even have DI installed? How can a mod cause a problem if it isn't even installed? :lol:

windblade
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by windblade »

maybe eeveecraft installed it on the OTHER folder? installing it in the core spore folder can cause many problems...so it could be that
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

windblade wrote:maybe eeveecraft installed it on the OTHER folder? installing it in the core spore folder can cause many problems...so it could be that
Fair point.

Eevee Craft, can I see your Core Spore "Data" folder as well?

Luigi.exe
Creature
Creature

The thing is, I uninstalled Dark Injections and still had that glitch. And yes, I tried uninstalling Titan Spore as well, and it STILL gives me that glitch. As long as I edited something with Dark Injections installed ONCE, it has that glitch despite removing the mod. Ah well, here's my Core Spore Folder:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

So if you create something right now, will it be affected by the glitch?

Luigi.exe
Creature
Creature

rob55rod wrote:So if you create something right now, will it be affected by the glitch?
No, only when I have Dark Injections installed, I'm pretty sure I've stated that several times, but apparently not. It only happens when I edit any creature within Dark Injections. If I don't have it installed and edit a creature, the glitch doesn't occur. Currently, I'm just on vanilla Spore since I share things constantly.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Eevee Craft wrote:
rob55rod wrote:So if you create something right now, will it be affected by the glitch?
No, only when I have Dark Injections installed, I'm pretty sure I've stated that several times, but apparently not. It only happens when I edit any creature within Dark Injections. If I don't have it installed and edit a creature, the glitch doesn't occur. Currently, I'm just on vanilla Spore since I share things constantly.
Well that was pointless.

Can I get a screenshot of both of your Data folders as they are when you have DI installed? (Sorry to ask AGAIN)

Luigi.exe
Creature
Creature

The one on the top is my normal Data Folder, and the other one is my Data EP1 folder. I decided to use the experimental version of Dark Injections, but I can install the stable version if you want.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

a) Remove 2015_DI_NC_FIX and see if that helps (don't install multiple versions of DI. Ever.)
b) If it doesn't, please expand the "Name" column so I can read the packages' names.

Luigi.exe
Creature
Creature

rob55rod wrote:a) Remove 2015_DI_NC_FIX and see if that helps (don't install multiple versions of DI. Ever.)
b) If it doesn't, please expand the "Name" column so I can read the packages' names.
Okay, the first option didn't work, so here's the expanded names of what I have installed:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modding”