Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Unread post by rob55rod »

Darhagonable wrote:
Eevee Craft wrote:Pardon my interruption, but as I look into previous creations with the Arenas_RDX9 and the Arenas_textures installed; the detail parts are in the wrong place, and will not fix unless those files are removed. Personally, I really enjoy having improved coloring for creatures, but I want my past creations to look like they're supposed to be. I have a picture here with Arenas: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =687780578 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =687780548 and without Arenas: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =687781545 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =687781501 By the way, the Spore Patch says that I do not have Spore installed; that is an issue. Can these problems be solved, or is it a client-side gltich?
Move them to your core spore folder and add a z infront of the file names.
Yes. In DI 9, installing them to your GA Data folder was merely a sacrifice on the user's end, but in DI 9 r (whixh Eevee Craft here is presumably using, given that he/she/it/they is/are posting on this thread), it is now incorrect. I added the Darkspore-textured part copies for a reason :lol:
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
km01134
Creature
Creature

Unread post by km01134 »

Nvm. Its all good. However, I'm having a little trouble with adventures. Whenever I try to create or play one, it doesn't load. It acts like it is loading, but it stays on the loading screen forever.
Luigi.exe
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Luigi.exe »

So, it's a sacrifice? What a shame; I really enjoy not looking at those terrible tan tints! By the way, I'm using the beta version of Dark Injections with a Steam copy of the game. Personally, I hope this gets fixed once the mod is out of beta; it was a really nice tweak, but I prefer to not have my past creature's details inside their faces!
Spore is your imagination, the stronger it is; the better you can be in Spore! Image
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

km01134 wrote:Nvm. Its all good. However, I'm having a little trouble with adventures. Whenever I try to create or play one, it doesn't load. It acts like it is loading, but it stays on the loading screen forever.
That happens when you use a mod which adds custom editors accessed via command line options. Dark Injection 9.r does not do this, so it is more than likely another mod you have installed. If you can list out all the mods you have installed, then I can look at the list and tell you which mod is doing it.
Eevee Craft wrote:So, it's a sacrifice? What a shame; I really enjoy not looking at those terrible tan tints! By the way, I'm using the beta version of Dark Injections with a Steam copy of the game. Personally, I hope this gets fixed once the mod is out of beta; it was a really nice tweak, but I prefer to not have my past creature's details inside their faces!
NO! That's what the 9.r beta fixes!! It's only a sacrifice on Dark Injection v9. You just said you're using Dark Injection 9.r Public Beta 1, correct? If that's so, then you'll have access to both sets of parts, provided the mod was installed correctly...which it wasn't in your case. And Darhagonable just explained how to fix that.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
km01134
Creature
Creature

Unread post by km01134 »

rob55rod wrote:
km01134 wrote:Nvm. Its all good. However, I'm having a little trouble with adventures. Whenever I try to create or play one, it doesn't load. It acts like it is loading, but it stays on the loading screen forever.
That happens when you use a mod which adds custom editors accessed via command line options. Dark Injection 9.r does not do this, so it is more than likely another mod you have installed. If you can list out all the mods you have installed, then I can look at the list and tell you which mod is doing it.
Eevee Craft wrote:So, it's a sacrifice? What a shame; I really enjoy not looking at those terrible tan tints! By the way, I'm using the beta version of Dark Injections with a Steam copy of the game. Personally, I hope this gets fixed once the mod is out of beta; it was a really nice tweak, but I prefer to not have my past creature's details inside their faces!
NO! That's what the 9.r beta fixes!! It's only a sacrifice on Dark Injection v9. You just said you're using Dark Injection 9.r Public Beta 1, correct? If that's so, then you'll have access to both sets of parts, provided the mod was installed correctly...which it wasn't in your case. And Darhagonable just explained how to fix that.
Platinum Spore, OrbitSpore, and devilSpore are the only other mods that would affect something like that, but I'll check for others
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

km01134 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Platinum Spore, OrbitSpore, and devilSpore are the only other mods that would affect something like that
The whole point of my asking to see the list myself is that
km01134 wrote:the only other mods that would affect something like that
you don't know that. The point was to have me determine that instead of you. So please, a complete list of every mod you have installed.

km01134
Creature
Creature

Unread post by km01134 »

Camben Dark Genetics, Camben Color pack, Orbitspore, Duskspore, Devilspore, Genetic labrary, DavoBabyKidnapping.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

km01134 wrote:Camben Dark Genetics, Camben Color pack, Orbitspore, Duskspore, Devilspore, Genetic labrary, DavoBabyKidnapping.
A-HA!!
km01134 wrote:Camben Dark Genetics
There's your culprit. Move Dark Genetics to your Core Spore data folder and add a "z" to the front of its name.

km01134
Creature
Creature

Unread post by km01134 »

rob55rod wrote:
km01134 wrote:Camben Dark Genetics, Camben Color pack, Orbitspore, Duskspore, Devilspore, Genetic labrary, DavoBabyKidnapping.
A-HA!!
There's your culprit. Move Dark Genetics to your Core Spore data folder and add a "z" to the front of its name.
It hasn't changed
Luigi.exe
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Luigi.exe »

One thing... does this remove the improved coloring? I know how to fix it, but I simply want to know if it removes the texturing; that's all I wish to know. By the way, what is the file path for the, "Core Spore folder?" You don't specify, is it just the normal data folder, or just in the Spore folder in general?
Spore is your imagination, the stronger it is; the better you can be in Spore! Image
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

km01134 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
A-HA!!
It hasn't changed
Okay, uninstall it completely, then.
Eevee Craft wrote:One thing... does this remove the improved coloring? I know how to fix it, but I simply want to know if it removes the texturing; that's all I wish to know. By the way, what is the file path for the, "Core Spore folder?" You don't specify, is it just the normal data folder, or just in the Spore folder in general?
The 9.r beta adds copies of the Core Spore and Creepy and Cute parts, which use their Darkspore ("improved") textures. However, you installed the mod incorrectly, and as a result, both the copies and the original parts used the Darkspore textures. The Core Spore data folder would be "Data", and the Galactic Adventures data folder would be "DataEP1".

km01134
Creature
Creature

Unread post by km01134 »

rob55rod wrote:
km01134 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: A-HA!!

It hasn't changed
Eevee Craft wrote:One thing... does this remove the improved coloring? I know how to fix it, but I simply want to know if it removes the texturing; that's all I wish to know. By the way, what is the file path for the, "Core Spore folder?" You don't specify, is it just the normal data folder, or just in the Spore folder in general?
The 9.r beta adds copies of the Core Spore and Creepy and Cute parts, which use their Darkspore ("improved") textures. However, you installed the mod incorrectly, and as a result, both the copies and the original parts used the Darkspore textures. The Core Spore data folder would be "Data", and the Galactic Adventures data folder would be "DataEP1".
Something else is doing it. I tried uninstalling it, with no results.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

km01134 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
km01134 wrote: It hasn't changed
DuskSpore? DevilSpore? D:

Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Unread post by Darhagonable »

rob55rod wrote:
No Rob, CB_DarkGenetics supports GA. Atleas that is what I can tell by useing it.
km01134
Creature
Creature

Unread post by km01134 »

HA! found it. It was an unlimited ammo mod that I forgot to put on the list. It's working just fine now.
km01134
Creature
Creature

Unread post by km01134 »

rob55rod wrote:
km01134 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Okay, uninstall it completely, then.

Everything works fine, but I have a question. I'm trying to load in the creatures from the Dark Injection Sporpedia pack. Some crash my game when I try to load them. At the moment, I'm loading them one by one to weed out the bad ones. Is there a faster way to do this? :\
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

km01134 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
km01134 wrote: Something else is doing it. I tried uninstalling it, with no results.
Everything works fine, but I have a question. I'm trying to load in the creatures from the Dark Injection Sporpedia pack. Some crash my game when I try to load them. At the moment, I'm loading them one by one to weed out the bad ones. Is there a faster way to do this? :\
No...AFAIK the broken ones have been broken for a long time now :/

km01134
Creature
Creature

Unread post by km01134 »

rob55rod wrote:
km01134 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: DuskSpore? DevilSpore? D:
Um...slight issue with dark Injection. The creature editor accessed in space stage has a serious issue regarding the camera. It zooms out uncontrollably.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

km01134 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
km01134 wrote: Everything works fine, but I have a question. I'm trying to load in the creatures from the Dark Injection Sporpedia pack. Some crash my game when I try to load them. At the moment, I'm loading them one by one to weed out the bad ones. Is there a faster way to do this? :\
Um...slight issue with dark Injection. The creature editor accessed in space stage has a serious issue regarding the camera. It zooms out uncontrollably.
That bug has already been reported and has been fixed for Public Beta 2.

fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

rob55rod wrote:
km01134 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: No...AFAIK the broken ones have been broken for a long time now :/
That bug has already been reported and has been fixed for Public Beta 2.
Public Beta 2 better arrive soon, or else my Supermodel Contest will have problems DI-wise.

Return to “Modding”