Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
Lautillo
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Unread post by Lautillo »

Everytime i use the creator it crashes the game. Any reason?

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Lautillo wrote:Everytime i use the creator it crashes the game. Any reason?
Which components do you have installed? Do you have any other mods installed? What happens if you uninstall DI 9.r ?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Lautillo
Hatchling
Hatchling

What a dumb, i just left the PublicBeta.

Nevermind, it's because i dropped the half the things of the RAR File.

Thanks anyways.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Lautillo wrote:What a dumb, i just left the PublicBeta.

Nevermind, it's because i dropped the half the things of the RAR File.

Thanks anyways.
Wait...so does it work now...?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Lautillo
Hatchling
Hatchling

Yes, it does.

Except for the reason that some (like the 92% of them) parts appear invisible and i have all the files. But i'm searching how to fix that.

EDIT: Fixed

EDIT2: Actually... Not. I did put the Arena Texture and RX9 on Spore Core Data.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Lautillo wrote:Yes, it does.

Except for the reason that some (like the 92% of them) parts appear invisible and i have all the files. But i'm searching how to fix that.

Do you have patch 5.1 installed?

Lautillo
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote:

I do.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Lautillo wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

I do.
Can you please provide the full path to the folder you installed those packages to, and their file sizes?

Lenny Biceps
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Lenny Biceps »

I have a question, Can you tell me what are the required downloads for this mod and tell me if I need any other optional downloads, if yes can you link me the downloads and which order to install them.

Contact me on skype silviu.scmecheru656 or via steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/bicepsggwp/
thelittlereckless
Cell
Cell

Unread post by thelittlereckless »

Could i get some help with Dark Injections? I really cant make it work for some reason, the other stuff work but it limits still the parts I can use, when I have too many parts the camera just goes to a different direction + the numbers are in the middle on the list. I tried the DI 9 and older but none worked and the closest i managed to get was well this; http://i.imgur.com/m6FZVYx.png
i got to a point where idk what files are correct or wrong, but i know if i don't put dark injections on both spore data core and spore_ep1 data all the color extra things dont work, just some. But if i just put on spore_ep1 data the camera works but it still limit the pieces, can someone help me out? what do i keep and what do i remove from these folders (kinda aiming to have everything DarkEdgeTV has because theirs works neat n all); http://i.imgur.com/nn0QP92.png
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

thelittlereckless wrote:-snip-
Okay, first of all, you have to launch Spore through the Orange "Spore Galactic Adventures" icon, rather than the blue "Spore" icon :lol:

Beyond that, just install the mod as described in the readme.

thelittlereckless
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:Okay, first of all, you have to launch Spore through the Orange "Spore Galactic Adventures" icon, rather than the blue "Spore" icon :lol:

that was actually pretty fast response and i just checked lol well thank you! another problem though it's asking for the galactic adventures DVD :c i've had spore installed and working normally for ages i'll try to fix that now

edit; yeah managed to fix spore GA but the same problem still happens :') (kind of) i really dunno what i'm doing wrong at this point but at least the camera is fixed but the complexity meter bar is there, just doen't seem to fill and the numbers are still messy over the parts but the cap is 20k instead of 2k
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

thelittlereckless wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Okay, first of all, you have to launch Spore through the Orange "Spore Galactic Adventures" icon, rather than the blue "Spore" icon :lol:

that was actually pretty fast response and i just checked lol well thank you! another problem though it's asking for the galactic adventures DVD :c i've had spore installed and working normally for ages i'll try to fix that now

edit; yeah managed to fix spore GA but the same problem still happens :') (kind of) i really dunno what i'm doing wrong at this point but at least the camera is fixed but the complexity meter bar is there, just doen't seem to fill and the numbers are still messy over the parts but the cap is 20k instead of 2k
Argl, just saw the data folder screenshot. I see the problem. You installed all the non-Foundation components to your Core Spore Data folder instead of your Galactic Adventures Data folder. Only the zArenas_* packages should be in Core Spore data, everything else goes in Galactic Adventures data :lol:

Yeah, that would do it.

EDIT: And so would the fact that you somehow managed to break the installation process in another way: You installed ALL the components. Don't do that. There's a reason they're grouped by name, and a reason some of them are in the "Options" folder... :lol:
(In fact, you should install all of your mods to your Galactic Adventures data folder, unless specifically instructed otherwise >.> )

thelittlereckless
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:Argl, just saw the data folder screenshot. I see the problem. You installed all the non-Foundation components to your Core Spore Data folder instead of your Galactic Adventures Data folder. Only the zArenas_* packages should be in Core Spore data, everything else goes in Galactic Adventures data :lol:

Yeah, that would do it.

EDIT: And so would the fact that you somehow managed to break the installation process in another way: You installed ALL the components. Don't do that. There's a reason they're grouped by name, and a reason some of them are in the "Options" folder... :lol:
(In fact, you should install all of your mods to your Galactic Adventures data folder, unless specifically instructed otherwise >.> )
oh wow i'm so sorry that i'm so slow with this, i find it very confusing for some reason x_x so my spore core data should look like this?: http://i.imgur.com/6Uw31Dp.png
I kept only the zArenas ones (unless i missed something). About the options folder though, do i move the whole folder to the GA data folder or only what's inside it then?

This time i didn't use anything from the options folder though but the 20k limit still didn't go away, but here's what it looks like; http://i.imgur.com/C5MlCNO.png and in game http://i.imgur.com/ekBFbXp.png

It's closer i just don't know whats missing so DI isnt working the way it should
*another thing i noticed since i'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to work: they don't seem to move anymore after done editing? and on the test drive they dont do any of the animations not they walk normally; http://i.imgur.com/8QNKqbj.gif and http://i.imgur.com/8HakbRZ.gif rip
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

thelittlereckless wrote:oh wow i'm so sorry that i'm so slow with this, i find it very confusing for some reason x_x
Oh, don't be. To be fair, that readme wasn't particularly well-written, so it's partially my fault too :lol:
thelittlereckless wrote:so my spore core data should look like this?: http://i.imgur.com/6Uw31Dp.png
I kept only the zArenas ones (unless i missed something).
That is correct.
thelittlereckless wrote:About the options folder though, do i move the whole folder to the GA data folder or only what's inside it then?
Neither. The components are "grouped" by name, and for some of them you only install one, for others you can install as many as you want, and it's all a big mess that I did a terrible job of documenting. If you're struggling, I'd recommend disregarding the Options folder entirely, and just installing the packages in the root of the ZIP. The component list has been significantly improved for Beta 2, and discussion is underway regarding the possibility of an installer, which will make things even easier, because it won't let you install an invalid setup :lol:
thelittlereckless wrote:This time i didn't use anything from the options folder though but the 20k limit still didn't go away, but here's what it looks like; http://i.imgur.com/C5MlCNO.png and in game http://i.imgur.com/ekBFbXp.png
That is correctly installed. Everything appears to be working as intended.
thelittlereckless wrote:It's closer i just don't know whats missing so DI isnt working the way it should
That's only true if by "should" you mean "will once it's finished". Which it isn't.
thelittlereckless wrote:*another thing i noticed since i'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to work: they don't seem to move anymore after done editing? and on the test drive they dont do any of the animations not they walk normally; blob:http://imgur.com/7ebdf015-9bbe-4399-abcb-5ae3b9c6f904 and blob:http://imgur.com/60880800-df3d-4ba5-855f-2460cab2b879 rip

^for these links to work gotta copy with the 'blob:' thing, idk why but it's probably spores format when uploading those gifs
Errr...the blob links don't work here. Pretty sure those are specific to your computer. Can I get the regular URLs for those?

thelittlereckless
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:Errr...the blob links don't work here. Pretty sure those are specific to your computer. Can I get the regular URLs for those?
Yeah i edited my post and fixed the blobs (: but as you said
Like on the print though, i didn't put anything of the options folder into the GA data folder, everything else that's there *mostly besides those color ones* was in the download http://i.imgur.com/ZlzohkV.png so yeah, u just copied everything from there to the GA folder.

I actually tried DI 9.0 and the others before that and none of them really worked? i suppose i could try again x) i didn't know the creatures animations were awk atm, even though it's a beta. But you say everything is correct installed since all components are grouped by name the way they should be so i dunno why the 20k limit is still there.
Should I try remove everything from 9.r beta and install the previous version again? I just wanted it to work like DarkEdgeTV does.
thanks a lot for your help though, i know it's quite difficult to help this way without testing things out so i really appreciate it!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

thelittlereckless wrote:Like on the print though, i didn't put anything of the options folder into the GA data folder, everything else that's there *mostly besides those color ones* was in the download http://i.imgur.com/ZlzohkV.png so yeah, u just copied everything from there to the GA folder.
Umm...you installed the components from the Options folder in the data folder screenshots you showed me.

thelittlereckless wrote:I actually tried DI 9.0 and the others before that and none of them really worked? i suppose i could try again x) i didn't know the creatures animations were awk atm, even though it's a beta. But you say everything is correct installed since all components are grouped by name the way they should be so i dunno why the 20k limit is still there.
Everything in this screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/ekBFbXp.png appears to be working as indended, bar that animation issue, which is actually just the game itself, not the mod. In fact, it appears that the 20k starting budget is also normal behaviour. If you need more, just spam adddna, the actual limit is far higher than the starting budget.
thelittlereckless wrote:Should I try remove everything from 9.r beta and install the previous version again?
No, definitely not.
thelittlereckless wrote:I just wanted it to work like DarkEdgeTV does.
Well that's never going to happen - the version she uses is from shortly prior to the start of the Open Beta, and lacks several features added during that period of time, including various bugfixes, a huge amount of UI work, and the Darkspore-textured copies of the Core Spore parts.
thelittlereckless wrote:thanks a lot for your help though, i know it's quite difficult to help this way without testing things out so i really appreciate it!
It's fine, I'm always happy to help :lol:

thelittlereckless
Cell
Cell

"just spam adddna"? Sorry i'm not very familiar with it x) aaaaaand well, if it's everything how it is supposed to be then awesome! at least it's better than the fiasco that it was before lol
thank you so much for the help! at least i can play a bit :3
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

thelittlereckless wrote:"just spam adddna"? Sorry i'm not very familiar with it x)
You don't know how to use cheats, do you?

Just press CTRL SHIFT C, then in the box that opens, type "adddna", press ENTER, then carefully mash the up arrow key followed by the enter key.

thelittlereckless wrote:aaaaaand well, if it's everything how it is supposed to be then awesome! at least it's better than the fiasco that it was before lol
thank you so much for the help! at least i can play a bit :3
Fweee, have fun :mrgreen:

Ichthyodactyl
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Ichthyodactyl »

I've just re-installed Spore (And C&C and GA, all through Origin) and DI (no other mods), pretty certain I've done so correctly but I've still got the weird off-centered camera. Am I correct in assuming that there is currently not a patch for this but that the beta 2 release (not out yet, yes?) is supposed to fix this issue? Or am I just missing something?

Sorry to be a bother, I'm just not sure how to address this anymore since the 9.r beta and my efforts to find information on the issue haven't returned anything other than to reinforce installation procedure that I'm pretty certain I've done correctly.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modding”