Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Dark Injection v6.0.1 How to get Darkspore parts into Sp

Unread post by Davo »

Krishana wrote:Yo. Thanks for the mod, Davo!!! This is AWESOME!!! :mrgreen:
if you dont mind i will share that credit with dooweep. 6.0.x is a blessing to the players.
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread post by rob55rod »

Davo wrote:
if you dont mind i will share that credit with dooweep. 6.0.x is a blessing to the players.
Davo, you are a good soul. Dooweep, so are you. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice job w/ the invisible feet & hands, but...shouldn't they be in the feet & graspers pallettes respectively? And, did U ike my idea about loading Armor N weaps as custom parts in 6.0.2 (or whatever)?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Dooweep
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread post by Dooweep »

Davo wrote:
Thanks to both, and I also hope this mod to be really a blessing

___________________________________________________________________________________________
rob55rod wrote:Davo, you are a good soul. Dooweep, so are you. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice job w/ the invisible feet & hands, but...shouldn't they be in the feet & graspers pallettes respectively? And, did U ike my idea about loading Armor N weaps as custom parts in 6.0.2 (or whatever)?
Thanks.
Instead of creating feet and grasper pages for invisible ones I prefered them to be just in one page, in this case the limbs one. It has more sense to have all the invisible parts in one page.
I know the textures for armor and weapons are not perfect but it´s fine for me this way. There´s no reason to create a second page with other textures that probably will come even more glitchy/odd/bugged or whatever.
Krishana
Recruit
Recruit

Unread post by Krishana »

Thanks to dooweep, too then! You guys rule!!! And umm, this seems near impossible, but could you port over the Darkspore paints, too??? :geek:
I am nobody.
Nobody is perfect.
Therefore, I am perfect.

I also have the force, teleportation, and invincibility.

ZenParadox
Recruit
Recruit

Unread post by ZenParadox »

Hey Dooweep, since you brough up Vehicle/Building editor into this mod, may I give some suggestions?

1- Military vehicles all have a row of weapons that is exclusive to each type: land have bombards, water have missiles and air have lasers. How about enabling them for all types?

2- As with vehicles, buildings have exclusive decoration for each building type. How about enabling them for all types?

3- Since vehicle/ufo and building function somewhat the same way (like cell/creature/flora editors do), how about enabling each others parts? That is, the attachable parts, so buildings can have weapons and lights and vehicles can have connectors and other details?

Also, I have a question: What is "Devilspore abilities"?
Krishana
Recruit
Recruit

I think it's just some new weapons in the space stage, Google it. :)
I am nobody.
Nobody is perfect.
Therefore, I am perfect.

coook11
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread post by coook11 »

Krishana wrote:
Well that's insulting Devilspore abilities are abilities for parts in creature stage or the creature editor and I made them...
Oh and they're part of a mod called Devilspore.
The abilities in this mod are Toxic Spit, Rain Call, Lightning Call, and Devil's Smog (Right Dooweep?)
Signature... there I put a signature
Dooweep
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread post by Dooweep »

Krishana wrote:Thanks to dooweep, too then! You guys rule!!! And umm, this seems near impossible, but could you port over the Darkspore paints, too??? :geek:
As you say. Near impossible. We tried. Not working.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
ZenParadox wrote:Hey Dooweep, since you brough up Vehicle/Building editor into this mod, may I give some suggestions?

1- Military vehicles all have a row of weapons that is exclusive to each type: land have bombards, water have missiles and air have lasers. How about enabling them for all types?

2- As with vehicles, buildings have exclusive decoration for each building type. How about enabling them for all types?

3- Since vehicle/ufo and building function somewhat the same way (like cell/creature/flora editors do), how about enabling each others parts? That is, the attachable parts, so buildings can have weapons and lights and vehicles can have connectors and other details?
Not bad suggestions. Maybe I can do something about it.
It gonna take a while because I´m gonna take a rest for christmas.
It´s just a week from the release of v 6.0.1, so enjoy it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
coook11 wrote:
Krishana wrote:
ZenParadox wrote: Also, I have a question: What is "Devilspore abilities"?
Well that's insulting Devilspore abilities are abilities for parts in creature stage or the creature editor and I made them...
The DevilSpore abilities in this mod are Toxic Spit, Rain Call, Lightning Call, and Devil's Smog.
That´s it.
Coook11 created four parts with their respective abilities using models from the cell Xtended tab for his mod DevilSpore.
I just used the abilities, including them in their respective models, because these models already are in the Cell Xtended tab.
The DevilSpore abilties are only avalaible through Creature Editor.
olajdzija
Recruit
Recruit

Unread post by olajdzija »

could you incorporate ability mods like hydro repulse or newcreatureablities
94Connor949
Private
Private

Unread post by 94Connor949 »

v6.0.1 is great! Excellent work Dooweep! :D

But there's a few things I'd change about some of the Darkspore weapons:
(Since they each have 5 variants, I'll just show the first with last and put a hyphen inbetween)
  • 1. I'd Swap Hypnotic Gem-Psionic Mirror with Resonator-Bossonic Transponder, both their categorization and stats.

2. Give Resonator-Bossonic Transponder & Vulkan Destroyer-Pylectric Glove some sort of melee attack, like Energy Slash (but no power cost).

3. Change some of the Staff Weapons melee abilities (Strike) to projectile abilities instead (Spit, Pulse Blast, etc.). The ones I'm talking about are Gravitic Javelin-Sonic Spear, Electric Trident-Voltic Trident, and Ghastly Staff-Necrotic Scepter.
scarlet87654321
Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Unread post by scarlet87654321 »

Ok sry guys but I'm a old (and seriously computer challenged) parent - my daughter wants me to install the dark injections into her Spore game. I see the DAVOLINE instructions and (although much appreciated) I have no clue what it means. I tried and managed (I think) to download the folder onto my lap top but there is no way (that I can figure) to get it "into" Spore. I tried drag and drop - nope. No autoinstall that I can see. I'm just plain dumb - is there a really easy way of doing this? I would be much obliged if some one could help me.
GBAura
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by GBAura »

scarlet87654321 wrote:Ok sry guys but I'm a old (and seriously computer challenged) parent - my daughter wants me to install the dark injections into her Spore game. I see the DAVOLINE instructions and (although much appreciated) I have no clue what it means. I tried and managed (I think) to download the folder onto my lap top but there is no way (that I can figure) to get it "into" Spore. I tried drag and drop - nope. No autoinstall that I can see. I'm just plain dumb - is there a really easy way of doing this? I would be much obliged if some one could help me.
Scarlet, here's what you need to do.

Make sure you have Patch 5 (or the newest version of Patch 5, as it is recommenced) and Galactic Adventures installed, as Dark Injection is not made for normal Spore due to design decisions. Log on into DavoOnline and download Dark Injection from the first post of this thread and make sure you download Darkspore as well as the link is shown on the front page of this thread (you don't need to download DarkSpore, it's needed to get the files needed for the mod) but remain patient as the folder will take a long time for it to download. Get 7-Zip and forcefully get it to extract the folder. Then look in the folder and grab Arenas_RDX9 and Arenas_Textures.

Go to Start (the button at the left bottom of the screen), click on My Computer. Wait 'till the window opens and go to Local Disk. Go to the Programs folder, scroll down until you find a folder that says 'Electronic Arts'. Click on it then go to a folder that says 'Spore_EP1' (if you don't have this folder, you need to install Galactic Adventures or else it won't work), go to the Data folder and there, put in the files that Dark Injection needs.

There, put in the main Dark Injection file (the one you downloaded off this site), put in Arenas_RDX9 and Arenas_Textures (putting in the Textures file is optional as it changes the textures for the parts on the creature), boot up the game with the Galactic Adventure icon and if you do it right, the intro will show you the Darkspore intro and not the Galactic Adventures intro.

Keep in mind there are a few problems that the mod will do, though it's nothing major and it won't ruin your game. To get the orange and square handle to be active in the Creature Editor, go to the Captain Editor, leave and go back to the Creature Editor. The creatures that weren't made if Dark Injection will look wired as the detail parts sink in the creatures body, this can be fixed by going to the editor and use the square handles to put them back in the right position. If a creature that wasn't made with Dark Injection and if you want it to go back to normal, uninstall the mod from the folder (in other words, take the files that the mod needed out), run Spore a few times and the creature will return back to it's normal state.

Other issues is that some Dark Injection parts will look weird on the creature as the modelling won't turn out right, don't worry about it as it'll look fine in-game, outside the editor.

Oh, and I hope your daughter enjoys Dark Injection as it is something special for Spore fans.

Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"
Krishana
Recruit
Recruit

The abilities in this mod are Toxic Spit, Rain Call, Lightning Call, and Devil's Smog (Right Dooweep?)
Hey, coook11, I'm sorry if i insulted Devilspore, so yeah. And I'm pretty much a nood at this stuff, so, sorry, again... :(
I am nobody.
Nobody is perfect.
Therefore, I am perfect.

fungus3
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by fungus3 »

The "normal" flagella doesn't share! Can you fix it? Also, when will 6.0.2 be out?
coook11
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread post by coook11 »

fungus3 wrote:The "normal" flagella doesn't share! Can you fix it? Also, when will 6.0.2 be out?
*facepalm* are you not happy with what you have?
Dooweep is taking a break anyway...
coook11
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread post by coook11 »

Krishana wrote:
Hey, coook11, I'm sorry if i insulted Devilspore, so yeah. And I'm pretty much a nood at this stuff, so, sorry, again... :(
I was joking dude but Devilspore is on this site so...
Dooweep
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread post by Dooweep »

94Connor949 wrote:v6.0.1 is great! Excellent work Dooweep! :D

But there's a few things I'd change about some of the Darkspore weapons:
(Since they each have 5 variants, I'll just show the first with last and put a hyphen inbetween)
  • 1. I'd Swap Hypnotic Gem-Psionic Mirror with Resonator-Bossonic Transponder, both their categorization and stats.

2. Give Resonator-Bossonic Transponder & Vulkan Destroyer-Pylectric Glove some sort of melee attack, like Energy Slash (but no power cost).

3. Change some of the Staff Weapons melee abilities (Strike) to projectile abilities instead (Spit, Pulse Blast, etc.). The ones I'm talking about are Gravitic Javelin-Sonic Spear, Electric Trident-Voltic Trident, and Ghastly Staff-Necrotic Scepter.
Thanks.
I take note about this suggestion.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
coook11 wrote:
fungus3 wrote:The "normal" flagella doesn't share! Can you fix it? Also, when will 6.0.2 be out?
*facepalm* are you not happy with what you have?
Dooweep is taking a break anyway...
That´s what "support" means :lol: Thanks Coook
I really need to have a break

Please, people, it´s just a week from release of 6.0.1.
Stay calm and enjoy this version.
Flibbityflobbity

Unread post by Flibbityflobbity »

Hi. I just downloaded the files, and they're working fine, however, I can't get the limbs to work. I'm not really sure which parts go where, how the invisible limbs connect, etc etc, and I'm not even sure which parts are um, arms and which are legs. No matter how much trial and error I use, they just won't connect together like the ordinary limbs in the vanilla game. Can somebody help me out here? Am I missing something? I followed the instructions in the first post exactly, and this one little problem has been bugging me all night :S No amount of googling has helped me solve it either D: which is a first. Usually google knows all ._.
Dooweep
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread post by Dooweep »

Flibbityflobbity wrote:Hi. I just downloaded the files, and they're working fine, however, I can't get the limbs to work. I'm not really sure which parts go where, how the invisible limbs connect, etc etc, and I'm not even sure which parts are um, arms and which are legs. No matter how much trial and error I use, they just won't connect together like the ordinary limbs in the vanilla game. Can somebody help me out here? Am I missing something? I followed the instructions in the first post exactly, and this one little problem has been bugging me all night :S No amount of googling has helped me solve it either D: which is a first. Usually google knows all ._.
You can use the parts on the limb pages as you want, for arms or legs.
The original ones are complete arms or legs, but now you have the sections.

To connect one to another just hold "Control" key while you put the part.
To remove a section hold "Control" key while removing the section.
This also works with original limbs parts.
Vertea

Unread post by Vertea »

So far Dark Injection has been working, but quite recently when I downloaded the v6.01, I've had some serious issues getting in to the editor. When I got to the creature creator, the tools pop up for a split second, then the screen goes black. I've gone over the mod steps over and over again, but still nothing. Before I go and uninstall Spore, then reinstall that, C&C, and GA, is there anything you can suggest? I really hate reinstalling games...

Return to “Modding”