12-24-2020
Due to an unexpected database update fail, the forum had to undergo a reset to an August backup. This sadly means all new user registations and content posted between 08-08-2020 and 12-24-2020 has been wiped. We apologize for the inconvenience and have taken measures to prevent this error from happening in the future.

12-26-2020
Interested in a moderator position? Speak with Rob55Rod or Darhagonable on my personal Discord server or the official Spore Modding Community Discord server.

Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
Dooweep
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Dark Injection v6.0 How to get Darkspore parts into Spo

Unread post by Dooweep »

coook11 wrote:Dooweep or Davo could you make the parts cost something? Or else there's no point to DNA points
DNA points are still needed in
- Cell stage --> to fulfill the evolution bar
- Creature stage --> to fulfill the evolution bar
- Tribe stage --> to create new tribe members, feed the tribe, capture savage creatures and interact with other tribes

"Adddna" cheat doesn´t fulfill the evo-bar (only possible through gameplay) but it´s no more needed in off-game editors.
The reason to make this way is to have a "Creator's choice" game, making easier to create.
________________________________________________________________________________________
Matvakama wrote:The "visible" term is because I'm not getting any of the Apoc Weaps correctly displayed. All "standard" Apoc Weaps are displayed as swords, while Apoc' Cashout Weaps are glitched and are not visible at all. And yes, the Cross Cannons are on the image. It's those weaps on the forearms.
So, Do you mean you can´t use the new weapons added in this version?
Darkspore update IS NEEDED.
The 5.3 patch for Darkspore adds new parts, included in this version of DarkInjection.
If you don´t update you can´t have those new parts.
The latest patched packages ARE NEEDED.
Check the packages you´re using. I assume that you have Darkspore.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
^.^

pwurman
Creature
Creature

Unread post by pwurman »

Matvakama wrote:The "visible" term is because I'm not getting any of the Apoc Weaps correctly displayed. All "standard" Apoc Weaps are displayed as swords, while Apoc' Cashout Weaps are glitched and are not visible at all. And yes, the Cross Cannons are on the image. It's those weaps on the forearms.
Wait, I'm confused. Do you mean that versions four and five of all the weapon parts do't show up when you put them on the creature? Because that means that you need to patch DarkSpore. If it's something else, it's a weird glitch.
coook11
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by coook11 »

Dooweep wrote:
coook11 wrote:Dooweep or Davo could you make the parts cost something? Or else there's no point to DNA points
- Tribe stage --> to create new tribe members, feed the tribe, capture savage creatures and interact with other tribes

"Adddna" cheat doesn´t fulfill the evo-bar (only possible through gameplay) but it´s no more needed in off-game editors.
The reason to make this way is to have a "Creator's choice" game, making easier to create.
You don't need dna for any stage, those are evo points... (in tribal stage its food)
Signature... there I put a signature
Dooweep
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Dooweep »

coook11 wrote: You don't need dna for any stage, those are evo points... (in tribal stage its food)
Oops. Yeah, you´re right but..

the same as pwurman..
Why would you want a cost limit?!?
Remember that the idea is to make it easier to create.
At the beginning of the development I were including dna cost and complexity score, but now I really think it´s better this way. And you still have to complete other tasks to evolve, so... it´s not like we are changing extremely the gameplay. This just make it easier.
Stuart98
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Stuart98 »

One can always addDNA to accomplish the same thing. Make them cost dna.
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

I like not having to worry about dna. it gets annoying wen I'm in the middle of creating a creature and suddenly I have to pause to addDNA. While I understand the argument of it takes away the challenge of playing the game and being limited, I'm kind of done with that. the after the first 10 or so times playing through the game I'd rather just have fun. I say leave the DNA aspect as is. if you want a harder game, there are some mods out there that will make your game harder.

To Dooweep:
just in the interest of keeping an open mind, how hard would it be to make an optional package that would restore the DNA point cost to the core parts? that way those that want the DNA cost can have it while the rest of us can enjoy the restriction free dna cost DI currently offers.
Matvakama
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Matvakama »

pwurman wrote:
Matvakama wrote:The "visible" term is because I'm not getting any of the Apoc Weaps correctly displayed. All "standard" Apoc Weaps are displayed as swords, while Apoc' Cashout Weaps are glitched and are not visible at all.
Wait, I'm confused. Do you mean that versions four and five of all the weapon parts do't show up when you put them on the creature? Because that means that you need to patch DarkSpore. If it's something else, it's a weird glitch.
Yes, that's precisely what I mean. :geek:
Just to clarify, I have my Darkspore patched up with all the patches that there are so far and my DI has been installed properly.
And yes, that's pretty weird.
You don't know what's to come, do ya? >:)
Dooweep
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Dooweep »

Snaid1 wrote: To Dooweep:
just in the interest of keeping an open mind, how hard would it be to make an optional package that would restore the DNA point cost to the core parts? that way those that want the DNA cost can have it while the rest of us can enjoy the restriction free dna cost DI currently offers.
With the mod, the game has about 1.200 parts. It takes a looooong time to change the parameter(s) to every part.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Dooweep wrote:

________________________________________________________________________________________
So, Do you mean you can´t use the new weapons added in this version?
Darkspore update IS NEEDED.
The 5.3 patch for Darkspore adds new parts, included in this version of DarkInjection.
If you don´t update you can´t have those new parts.
The latest patched packages ARE NEEDED.
Check the packages you´re using. I assume that you have Darkspore.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
^.^
Whoa hold on. The FireRavager and LightspeedTempest ones are the only bugged ones for me. Maybe a couple others. And you've made some progress with the textures, I see-Black stays Black outside of build! hatever you changed, do it with the other colors too.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

Stuart98 wrote:One can always addDNA to accomplish the same thing. Make them cost dna.
Yeah, and disable achievements.
pwurman
Creature
Creature

Unread post by pwurman »

Achievements aren't even worth it.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

the point of darkinjection was to give the player as much freedom as possible when making creatures in the editor. expanding the editor.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

oh my, rebecca has out done herself again!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GyBu_5TKzE[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/DarkEdgeTV
Dooweep
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Dooweep »

O.O
I have no words.
AMAZING!!
Thank you Rebecca!! ;)
abdullahsaurus
Cell
Cell

Unread post by abdullahsaurus »

when i try to download those .packages files from the download link above it does not work when i open the file and i try to take out any files from zip folder it gives me a message saying the data is corrupted this is all happening in the zip folder
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

I had that problem too. it turned out Something kept happening that I wasn't successfully downloading the zip file. I had to use a download manager(in my case Orbit) in order to successfully download the zip. After that it all worked out great.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

abdullahsaurus wrote:when i try to download those .packages files from the download link above it does not work when i open the file and i try to take out any files from zip folder it gives me a message saying the data is corrupted this is all happening in the zip folder

i sugest using WinRAR
abdullahsaurus
Cell
Cell

Unread post by abdullahsaurus »

this is perfect
Rebecca1208
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Rebecca1208 »

Thanks for posting the video around Davo, really appreciated, and I'm glad you and Dooweep like it :D

And I think I might actually use the Darksporepedia again... Damn my memory >_>

Out of interest (I've not done well keeping up-to-date) are there going to be anymore updates to this wonderful mod?

EDIT: The 'pedia is bugged :(
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

yeah, i need to update it. i broke it(darksporepedia)

as far as the mod, rebecca, dooweep did alot to get us towards v6, and i am sure an update is in the plans.
any request as to other mods you think would work well with this one?

your vid has been posted in a few threads across the webs, and i have a few more to go.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modding”