Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
GBAura
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: Dark Injection v5.02 How to get Darkspore parts into Sp

Unread postby GBAura » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:18 pm

Davo wrote:xtendedcell has been added into v6. and the update will be well worth it for players with old creatures and new. i am working to make core parts the way they were. Doo is making the DS parts better.

One minor question Davo, in the next update, if you put Arena_Textures in the GA folder, will the normal Spore parts still be colourized or are you taking the dark textures for the parts out altogether? (For me, when I put the Textures file in the folder, nothing to happen to the game, even graphically). The thing is, I do like the parts being darkerized at times since I am doing a Spore project (It's not going to be on Sporepedia or for adventures, it's for another well known site but I don't think it's a good idea to mention what it is because I don't want to get banned, it's just a popular site where you share videos, but I think you know what I'm talking about) but sometimes I don't want it because the parts can be coloured strangely depends on the creature texture or the colours on the parts don't look like the way you wanted. I was wondering if thier is a way to make the Dark Injection mod have the option if you want the normal Spore Parts (Including C&C, Bot Parts, outfits and Captian Parts) to get colourized or not.

For example, you don't want the parts to get colourized, don't put the Arena_Textures file in the GA data folder, if you do want it, put it in. Is this what you two are planning to do in the next update?

Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

Dooweep
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postby Dooweep » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:50 pm

For what I know is the ArenasRDX9 the one that makes parts to be coloured. Either way I have both installed.

Try this:
OLD TEXTURES --> Put in the SPORE Data Folder (SPORE/Data) and rename to be the last, before the Core packages. This makes the game read the old ones first.

DARKSPORE TEXTURES --> Put in the SPORE GA Data Folder (SPORE_EP1/Data). This makes the game read the darkspore ones first. Rename no needed.

HACKER80
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Location: I think my hous.....................................

Unread postby HACKER80 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:32 am

Hello,

I have bought spore, spore creepy and cute and spore galactic adventures on steam.
But the Darkspore injection package works not full.
Ánd the force save package also don't work.
I can't edit my darkspore creatures and i can't save them (because the force save don't work).
but when I save them with t-seach.
It's the same like the grox in the normal spore without any mods.
I only can see them.
If I save them in an adventure andi edit him later it says i don't have the darkspore injection packge.
Please help me.

HACKER80
Modding makes spore almost always better on every way :D
My Spore name is kassa80!!!

GBAura
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postby GBAura » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:19 pm

Hacker80, have you tried to install Patch 5? I believe that the newer version of Patch 5 works as well and if you have the Bot Parts (which contains Patch 6), it wouldn't be an issue, you just need Patch 5 in the system. This is what is the mod needed in order for it to work. Also, C&C isn't really needed for the mod, it's optional since the mod does come with Creepy and Cute Parts.

Dooweep, can you explain in more detail about what I'm suppose to do with the textures package because I don't understand what I need to do.

And Davo, will the next update of Dark Injection fix the problems with the Captain Parts that I explained earlier and will the new update make the cell parts morph handles accessible?
Last edited by GBAura on Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

Stuart98
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postby Stuart98 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:27 pm

GBAura wrote:Hacker80, have you tried to install Patch 5? This is what is the mod needed in order for it to work. Also, C&C isn't really needed for the mod, it's optional since the mod does come with Creepy and Cute Parts.

Dooweep, can you explain in more detail about what I'm suppose to do with the textures package because I don't understand what I need to do.

And Davo, will the next update of Dark Injection fix the problems with the Captain Parts that I explained earlier and will the new update make the cell parts morph handles accessible?

He said that he included cellpartsxtended mod.

Davo
The Boss
The Boss
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army

Unread postby Davo » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:14 pm

its hard to fix a bug i dont get. i have tried to repeat this bug and the only thing i can guess is your install order is missing something mine has.
Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad

Dooweep
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postby Dooweep » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:40 am

GBAura wrote:Dooweep, can you explain in more detail about what I'm suppose to do with the textures package because I don't understand what I need to do.

Dooweep wrote:For what I know is the ArenasRDX9 the one that makes parts to be coloured. Either way I have both installed.

Try this:
OLD TEXTURES --> Put in the SPORE Data Folder (SPORE/Data) and rename to be the last, before the Core packages. This makes the game read the old ones first.

DARKSPORE TEXTURES --> Put in the SPORE GA Data Folder (SPORE_EP1/Data). This makes the game read the darkspore ones first. Rename no needed.

What I mean is that the ArenasRDX9 is the only package required. It has the models and the textures so it's the one that makes parts to be colorized.

Actually, is recommended to put (install) it in the SPORE GA --> SPORE_EP1/Data folder (as you can read in the OP). But this package also works if you put (install) in the CORE SPORE --> SPORE/Data folder.

The CORE SPORE packages are named Spore_Whatever.package, so to rename the Arenas package you can do this Spore_Z_ArenasRDX9.package or simply Z_ArenasRDX9.package. This makes the Arenas package to be the last on the list.

Understand now?

P.S. Sorry, I wrote before. It's after

HACKER80
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Unread postby HACKER80 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:09 am

Hello,

I have bought spore, spore creepy and cute and spore galactic adventures on steam.
But the Darkspore injection package works not full.
Ánd the force save package also don't work.
I can't edit my darkspore creatures and i can't save them (because the force save don't work).
but when I save them with t-seach.
It's the same like the grox in the normal spore without any mods.
I only can see them.
If I save them in an adventure andi edit him later it says i don't have the darkspore injection packge.
Please can somewane help me.

Thanks.
HACKER80

HACKER80
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Unread postby HACKER80 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:22 am

Dear GBAura,

How can I install patch 5 on steam.
When patch 5.1 is already out.
And when I download it, it won't install on steam but on electronic arts.
Help me.

Thanks.
HACKER80

GBAura
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postby GBAura » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:51 pm

HACKER80 wrote:Dear GBAura,

How can I install patch 5 on steam.
When patch 5.1 is already out.
And when I download it, it won't install on steam but on electronic arts.
Help me.

Thanks.
HACKER80

To download patches, you have to download EADM (Electronic Arts Downloader Manager) first since Patch 5 doesn't come with the Spore expansion packs like C&C or GA (I highly advice you to download the newer version of Patch 5 due to some bugs with the older Patch 5). Also, you don't need to pay for the program on Steam and download in the format, it's free. Go to the offical Spore website, find the patches section and search for where it says you need EADM. Just to warn you, EADM may slow your computer down because how big it is and it searches for new updates for EA games that you have on your computer like Spore or The Sims. Also, I don't know if the mod will work with Steam because the guys who worked on it didn't mention anything about it, unless Davo it updating the mod to make it work on that format, but you can request them to do it. Just hang in there, try it out and don't give up.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

GBAura
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postby GBAura » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:27 pm

Dooweep wrote:For what I know is the ArenasRDX9 the one that makes parts to be coloured. Either way I have both installed.

Try this:

What I mean is that the ArenasRDX9 is the only package required. It has the models and the textures so it's the one that makes parts to be colorized.

Actually, is recommended to put (install) it in the SPORE GA --> SPORE_EP1/Data folder (as you can read in the OP). But this package also works if you put (install) in the CORE SPORE --> SPORE/Data folder.

The CORE SPORE packages are named Spore_Whatever.package, so to rename the Arenas package you can do this Spore_Z_ArenasRDX9.package or simply Z_ArenasRDX9.package. This makes the Arenas package to be the last on the list.

Understand now?

P.S. Sorry, I wrote before. It's after[/quote]

I can't find the Spore_whatever file and can you explain to me what it is?

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

Dooweep
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postby Dooweep » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:44 pm

GBAura wrote:I can't find the Spore_whatever file and can you explain to me what it is?

:lol: :lol:
Of course you can´t. It doesn´t exist. It´s just a way of speaking.

I´m spanish and I know my english can be terrific but... :oops:

Let´s see. In the SPORE/Data folder you can find a series of packages named Spore_Audio.package, Spore_Game.package, Spore_Graphics.package.... etc. These files conforms the CORE SPORE GAME, and of course contains the info needed for the game to run.

Usually the mods are named in a way that makes the game read first the mod info, overwriten the game info packages. So the mods are named with numbers, signs or a letter from A to R (i.e. 2011DarkIcons.package or ForceSave.package)

The idea here is to rename the ArenasRDX9 to be after the Spore_Putanynameofthepackageshere.package. So you have to rename it with a letter from T to Z (i.e. Z_ArenasRDX9.package). This way you can play the game with the old textures. OLD TEXTURES --> Put (install) in the SPORE Data Folder (SPORE/Data) and rename to be the last on the list.

To play with Darkspore textures you don´t need to rename this package (ArenasRDX9.package) Do you see the A in Arenas? DARKSPORE TEXTURES --> Put (install) in the SPORE GA Data Folder (SPORE_EP1/Data)

Do you get it now?

P.S. I apologize for my bad english but It is what it is.

tklarenb
Private
Private

Unread postby tklarenb » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:22 pm

Sorry if this has been answered earlier, but I have a question.
When I put this mod in my game, it worked, but it changed the Core Spore textures, making it impossible for me to use my style of creating. My style involves very careful precision of the direction of eyes, and the new textures made it impossible for me to tell which way they were facing, so I uninstalled it. Which version of this, if any, keeps the core spore/C&C textures the same? I don't care about the Darkspore parts' textures being crappy or anything, I just want the core parts to stay the same. If this is being solved in V6, then I'll wait for that. Can anyone answer this? Thanks in advance!

Puzzlemaster34
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postby Puzzlemaster34 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:08 am

Just temporarily make your the creature a different color!
Bright colors usually work best.
Signature is Loading....
Please wait as this may take some time....

Snaid1
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postby Snaid1 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:04 pm

there isn't a version yet. Davo was working on that among other problems.

To Davo: is the eye and tooth coloring going to be taken care of in version 6? I know you have been working on it, I'm just curious if you've had success.

tklarenb
Private
Private

Unread postby tklarenb » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:17 pm

Puzzlemaster34 wrote:Just temporarily make your the creature a different color!
Bright colors usually work best.

That won't help. I want to be able to share my non Darkspore creations and have them look good. If you want to see what I mean by eyes, look up some of my Spore creations (same username "tklarenb")
Snaid1 wrote:there isn't a version yet. Davo was working on that among other problems.

To Davo: is the eye and tooth coloring going to be taken care of in version 6? I know you have been working on it, I'm just curious if you've had success.

Thanks for answering! I guess I can wait.

GBAura
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postby GBAura » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:12 pm

Dooweep wrote: :lol: :lol:
Of course you can´t. It doesn´t exist. It´s just a way of speaking.

Oops! My bad, maybe I should get a reward for make 'The Most Stupid Post Ever on this Site' and I'm new here! :oops:

Also, can you give me a recommendation for what I should do to the files like how to rename them in a certain way because I renamed the ArenaRXWhatever file like I did, but it's acting odd. It knows that the mod is there since I can edit creatures with the mod but the parts are still coloured and I can't have access to the Darkspore Parts like normal. I also renamed the other files that the mod needed and depending how I rename them, the mod acts differently, I can't give examples because I don't remember what it did aside from the fact it did change the textures either to Darkerized or the normal textures and I can't have access to the Darkspore Parts. Just tell me if I need to use the DarkIcons, Arenea_Textures and the DarkInjection Package cause I don't know what I'm suppose to do with them.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

GBAura
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postby GBAura » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:14 pm

Post Removed due to double Posting.
Last edited by GBAura on Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

Dooweep
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postby Dooweep » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:22 am

Hi GBAura ;)

My recommendation is .... Don't touch anything!!! XDD

Don't rename anything, just the ArenasRDX9 -- This way --> ZArenasRDX9, just put a Z before Arenas.
To rename a file --> Mouse left click -- Mouse left click again -- Change the name of the file

Remember, just add a Z before the name. Nothing else.

You NEED DarkIcons and DarkInjection, the Arenas_Textures is optional (you don't need it)

We're working on the force save matter. Many people are complaining about this.

Kyven
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Unread postby Kyven » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:48 pm

I've been troubled by a bug(I think) ever since I installed the mod. When I go to create my creature, It goes fine until I test it, where it just floats around all limp. Can you give me some help? Thanks in advance.

Return to “Modding”