Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army

Re: Dark Injection v9b Darkspore parts in Spore (Camera Fix)

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun May 03, 2015 8:00 am

Pixelmod wrote:
rob55rod wrote:1. If you renamed the Arenas_ files to have a Z in front of their name and put them in your Core Spore data folder, that's the cause. Remove the Z from the beginning of their names and move them to your GA data folder.
2. Yes, there is: http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=5321. I just released a mini-release the other day, too :lol:
(It was never dead, I was just busy with other stuff, but I was sure I would return to it all through that)
3. Well, either it's hardcoded or SporeMaster is flipping broken. The latter option is looking probable, and Emd4600 is hard at work trying to fix that for SporeModder.
4. In future cases, could you please ask DI-related questions on the DI FAQ thread? (We can finish this discussion here, but in the future...)

1. Still same behavior. Will try with 9.r, maybe it works now?
2. Will do try the mini-release! I love experimental content!
4. Will do!

1.1 Textures now work "as expected" I guess. They do follow the color pattern they're given and metallic parts stay gray like DrPepper update's cyborg parts do. Also, It seems most other colors than metallic are following the first and secondary color (previously stayed on flat colors). However parts are still displayed with neon-ish colors when in model edit mode, which is kind of a fake promise. Is that the correct behavior?

1.1 If I understand what you're saying correctly, then yes, but I'm not entirely sure that I am. Screenies illustrating your point would help...
2. (Ignoring the extraneous "do" in that sentence) I can't wait to see what people start doing with the new Armor :mrgreen:
3. Answer 5
4. Thanks, I appreciate it. Makes it easier to remain sane while answering peoples' questions :lol:
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

TheSrBR
Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Unread postby TheSrBR » Mon May 04, 2015 4:35 pm

Hey Davo, your mod is very epic, more has something to let me scared.
You know, I did everything right, as it says on its website; I've done it once, but it did something wrong, like a bug, my creature is imovél, makes no move, so I uninstalled and installed again, but this time without the patch Spore Galactic Adventures, the game became normal, with no bugs. But some parts were invisible.
My fear is: Install the patch Spore AG, and return the bug of imovél creature, could you help me?
Thank you!

MightyBug
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby MightyBug » Sat May 09, 2015 4:07 am

I've been away for while.
Can someone please give me a description of what's new in DI since version 7?
Image Image
------------------------------------------------
:ga: Add me on Spore. My username is MrBug. Add me as a buddy for Dark Injection creatures and cool adventures.

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Sat May 09, 2015 6:33 am

MightyBug wrote:I've been away for while.

Here's what's new: This thread is now outdated, and will probably be...em...re-labeled "Ye Olde Dark Injection thread" once the 9.r update is out.

Okay, here's what's changed between v7 and v9/v9b:
-Editor background
-More part texture fixes
-UI...I think? IDK if that was in V7...
-Several parts packs are now integrated (well, sort of, the ports were outdated and broken, so you'll need the original mods regardless if you want those parts to work properly)
-The version labelling system

And between v9/v9b and v9.r:
-Editor background
-Ownership of the mod (sort of, it's still Davo's mod, but 9.r is arguably mine :3 )
-The UI, again
-WAAAAY MOAR PARTS (Some are NYI ATM, in fact, some are NYD (not yet devised)!)
-Unused Darkspore parts
-Darkspore Concept art-inspired parts
-Useful icons for effect parts (e.g. the icons show the effect, not the old model)(80% NYI)
-Fixed foot sinking (maybe, NYI)
-New release plan
-The version labelling system (this change actually happened first, as DI v9b came out after DI 9.r was announced)
-Other stuff I've forgotten about
-Other stuff TBD

Moar info, screenies, and a mini-release of 9.r here: http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=5321

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

MightyBug
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby MightyBug » Sat May 09, 2015 6:36 pm

rob55rod wrote:

Here's what's new: This thread is now outdated, and will probably be...em...re-labeled "Ye Olde Dark Injection thread" once the 9.r update is out.

-Editor background
-More part texture fixes
-Several parts packs are now integrated (well, sort of, the ports were outdated and broken, so you'll need the original mods regardless if you want those parts to work properly)

-Editor background
-Ownership of the mod (sort of, it's still Davo's mod, but 9.r is arguably mine :3 )
-The UI, again
-Unused Darkspore parts
-Useful icons for effect parts (e.g. the icons show the effect, not the old model)(80% NYI)
-New release plan
-The version labelling system (this change actually happened first, as DI v9b came out after DI 9.r was announced)
-Other stuff TBD

Moar info, screenies, and a mini-release of 9.r here: http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=5321

All right, so pretty more parts and more details to make Spore more "Darkspore-ish" :lol:
I'm impressed that Dark Injection has come this far. It's one of the reasons I still play Spore. Can't wait until the next update. ;)
Image Image
:ga: Add me on Spore. My username is MrBug. Add me as a buddy for Dark Injection creatures and cool adventures.

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun May 10, 2015 4:25 am

MightyBug wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

-Editor background
-More part texture fixes

-Editor background
-The UI, again
-Unused Darkspore parts
-New release plan
-Other stuff TBD

All right, so pretty more parts and more details to make Spore more "Darkspore-ish" :lol:
I'm impressed that Dark Injection has come this far. It's one of the reasons I still play Spore. Can't wait until the next update. ;)

Heh, glad you like it :3

Hate to break it to you, but the full 9.r release is a bit of a ways off, as in, post-SporeModder :/

Fortunately, I plan for there to be several more mini-releases between now and then :mrgreen:

MightyBug
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby MightyBug » Fri May 15, 2015 5:28 pm

It's absolutely fine. DI will be more better than ever. :di: :D
Image Image

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Fri May 15, 2015 7:24 pm

MightyBug wrote:It's absolutely fine. DI will be more better than ever. :di: :D

One word: :3

Wait...that's not a word...it's a smiley...

...THAT DEFIES THINGS I THOUGHT I KNEW... O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O.o.O

Blastmetal

Unread postby Blastmetal » Tue May 26, 2015 7:20 am

So the camera is now fixed but im having an issue with the ingame models from Dark injection they are invisible yet they apear in the parts menu.

1: I own the steam version in all its glory

2: I rather new to modding in spore

3: i can't seem to find the current version for spore on steam

any information will be helpfull :)

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Tue May 26, 2015 7:49 am

Blastmetal wrote:So the camera is now fixed but im having an issue with the ingame models from Dark injection they are invisible yet they apear in the parts menu.

1: I own the steam version in all its glory

2: I rather new to modding in spore

3: i can't seem to find the current version for spore on steam

any information will be helpfull :)

So, wait, the parts appear in the categories, but they're invisible if you hover over them or pull them out of the category? If that is the problem, then that suggests that you may have forgotten to install Arenas_RDX9.package and Arenas_Textures.package .

Check to see if you've done so. If not, do that. If so, and you got them from the DI download page, then Davo's trimmed versions seem to not work for you, like some other users, in which case you should try the unmodified ones from Darkspore. If you don't have Darkspore, you can download them here: Arenas_RDX9 Arenas_Textures.

Blastmetal

Unread postby Blastmetal » Tue May 26, 2015 10:32 am

mmm well i can tell you this atleast i have done somethings in the order they where written like the the installation proces and the mod fix for the camera but since i never play GA i didn't realy bother using the mod packs for it.

If this is a must then i will try to use these aswell, but i just wanna play the Core game with moreo ptions and not GA.

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Tue May 26, 2015 10:50 am

Blastmetal wrote:mmm well i can tell you this atleast i have done somethings in the order they where written like the the installation proces and the mod fix for the camera but since i never play GA i didn't realy bother using the mod packs for it.

If this is a must then i will try to use these aswell, but i just wanna play the Core game with moreo ptions and not GA.

Wait a second...Dark Injection only works correctly on GA with patch 5.1. It does somewhat work on Core Spore, provided patch 5.1 is installed, but many bugs can and will occur, and there is little I can do to fix any of them.

Swwetsy

Unread postby Swwetsy » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:33 pm

Any creations I make using this mod refuse to save. I couldn't download the patches because I have SGA on Steam. (I think) Any ideas?

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:25 pm

Swwetsy wrote:Any creations I make using this mod refuse to save. I couldn't download the patches because I have SGA on Steam. (I think) Any ideas?

Did you even try to look around before posting? The fix is available on this very board .________.

It's right here: "Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!", as Davo himself not-quite-accurately put it.

Ecolapse

Unread postby Ecolapse » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:30 pm

Hello there guys,I have a question,Is it legal to use DarkInjections in Steam version in Germany? Have you a proof? Please respond me,I'm a spore player since 2009 but had no friends to create together,please help me with my problem. :ga: :cc: :spore:

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:30 pm

Ecolapse wrote:Hello there guys,I have a question,Is it legal to use DarkInjections in Steam version in Germany? Have you a proof? Please respond me,I'm a spore player since 2009 but had no friends to create together,please help me with my problem. :ga: :cc: :spore:

Dark Injection is legal to use, even with the Steam version of Spore. However, it doesn't work correctly with the Steam version the game. Here's a tutorial (By ForgottenSpore) on how to convert Steam Spore into Origin Spore:

DarkEdgeTV
First Class
First Class

Unread postby DarkEdgeTV » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:16 pm

Glad I took a peak here, I have never seen that video before Rob.

So I have to ask - does this work in a temporary but official way to allow Steam-bought users to use mods, as long as they do what this vid says?

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:03 pm

DarkEdgeTV wrote:Glad I took a peak here, I have never seen that video before Rob.

So I have to ask - does this work in a temporary but official way to allow Steam-bought users to use mods, as long as they do what this vid says?

It's a permanent fix, but doesn't work for everyone :/

Animus_Seawing_349

Unread postby Animus_Seawing_349 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:27 pm

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this problem before, but when i launch the game, some of my audio and animations don't work. You can't hear the mating call, or the noise when the cell eats food or anything like that. And worse than that, no animations except charge and a few others actually work. This only happens in the 2015 camera fix and it doesn't fix itself if i get rid of the mod. Is it just me or is everyone having this issue? :di:

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:00 am

Animus_Seawing_349 wrote:I'm not sure if anyone has posted this problem before, but when i launch the game, some of my audio and animations don't work. You can't hear the mating call, or the noise when the cell eats food or anything like that. And worse than that, no animations except charge and a few others actually work. This only happens in the 2015 camera fix and it doesn't fix itself if i get rid of the mod. Is it just me or is everyone having this issue? :di:

What the hell? DI doesn't even modify those...

Return to “Modding”