Pixelmod wrote: rob55rod wrote: Pixelmod wrote:
Ehm I have a few questions here:
- I do see the DarkSpore colors while editing a creature, but once I go to paint or test mode, or just try to see it in a world, it goes back to normal Spore textures. Is that behavior there on purpose? If so, why?
- Most parts added by Dark Injections are impossible to gather from in-game editors. Put like that, it sounds logic, but since you cannot share modded parts, it means you only see those "unreachable" parts in action if your creature gets pollinated. I know there is a category in Native tabs for DarkSpore parts, I'm talking about the extra tabs on other pages. But anyway, is this gameplay behavior like this on purpose?
- Is there a genetic modification mod that is recommended to use with Dark Injections for captains? The dual editor genetic modifier works well from tribe to space citizen, but my captain is stuck with its genotype even if I change my Space Citizens' limbs and whatnot. I would apreciate an alternative.
1. Yes, that feature is there because you installed the mod that way. The other method gives Darkspore textures.
2. Will be fixed as an optional feature for DI 9.r
3. That bug still exists only because we can't fix it - the Captain Outfitter is hardcoded, and Captains are stored as separate creations from their colonist counterparts .-.
1. Excuse me but what other way are we talking about? I did not install the "core textures" package, so this must be some other aspect I missed while reading...
2. DI 9.r Is still going? If so, does it have a thread I can follow?
3. Derped hardcoding is bad hardcoding. I know the feel.
1. If you renamed the Arenas_ files to have a Z in front of their name and put them in your Core Spore data folder, that's the cause. Remove the Z from the beginning of their names and move them to your GA data folder.
2. Yes, there is: http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 118&t=5321
. I just released a mini-release the other day, too
(It was never dead, I was just busy with other stuff, but I was sure I would return to it all through that)
3. Well, either it's hardcoded or SporeMaster is flipping broken
. The latter option is looking probable, and Emd4600 is hard at work trying to fix that for SporeModder.
4. In future cases, could you please ask DI-related questions on the DI FAQ thread? (We can finish this discussion here, but in the future...)