Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
Master_Malifos
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:12 am

Re: Dark Injection v9 How to get Darkspore parts into Spore.

Unread postby Master_Malifos » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:26 pm

Camßεn wrote:
Master_Malifos wrote:
Camßεn wrote:Try putting the stand alone genetic modifier mod in as well from the 450 mod pack or any other source of download.

Tried that and sadly, that didn't work either... unless I somehow did it wrong Haha :) Thanks for the help, btw.

Hmm. Maybe the dark genetics editors are overriding it, try prioritizing the genetic modifier over dark genetics.

I shall try that now. If it's worth noting, the Genetic Modifier mod (heh) won't show up in Core Spore either, even when installed into Core Spore's data folder.

EDIT (Just to avoid double post :P ) : I don't know much about prioritising, regrettably, but even removing all mods save for DI and Genetic Modifiers has no effect.

User avatar
CamBen
Tech Support
Tech Support
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:26 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Dark Injection v9 How to get Darkspore parts into Spore.

Unread postby CamBen » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:52 pm

Huh. Maybe DI v9 just doesn't have genetic modifier.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

User avatar
Drakrylos
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:33 pm

Re: Dark Injection v9 How to get Darkspore parts into Spore.

Unread postby Drakrylos » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:26 am

Camßεn wrote:Huh. Maybe DI v9 just doesn't have genetic modifier.


You make a good point, where'd the Genetic Modifier go? That thing was aces! (And yes, I'm back from the dead, surprised?) :ugeek:
Image

Ultroids do not put up with any rubbish.

User avatar
Emd4600 [ASR]
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:21 am
Location: Sporepedia2's City, Spain
Contact:

Re: Dark Injection v9 How to get Darkspore parts into Spore.

Unread postby Emd4600 [ASR] » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:11 am

In older versions DI had Genetic Modifier, I remember it...
Image
Image

User avatar
Drakrylos
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:33 pm

Re: Dark Injection v9 How to get Darkspore parts into Spore.

Unread postby Drakrylos » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:37 pm

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:In older versions DI had Genetic Modifier, I remember it...


Well, what I'm saying is that we need the GM in the latest versions of DI, and, where the hell are the bot parts too?! :evil:
Image

Ultroids do not put up with any rubbish.

User avatar
CamBen
Tech Support
Tech Support
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:26 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Dark Injection v9 How to get Darkspore parts into Spore.

Unread postby CamBen » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:39 pm

Drakrylos wrote:
Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:In older versions DI had Genetic Modifier, I remember it...


Well, what I'm saying is that we need the GM in the latest versions of DI, and, where the hell are the bot parts too?! :evil:

Yea I noticed the bot parts too... I was meaning to stick those back in some time but I never did.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

Master_Malifos
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:12 am

Re: Dark Injection v9 How to get Darkspore parts into Spore.

Unread postby Master_Malifos » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:23 pm

How unusual then :)
Ah well, DI provides plenty of parts for me to not require GM for now, anyway. Thanks for the help though, CamBen, you're a star :)

User avatar
CamBen
Tech Support
Tech Support
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:26 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Dark Injection v9 How to get Darkspore parts into Spore.

Unread postby CamBen » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:33 pm

Master_Malifos wrote:How unusual then :)
Ah well, DI provides plenty of parts for me to not require GM for now, anyway. Thanks for the help though, CamBen, you're a star :)

Thank you! :D
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

User avatar
Davo
The Boss
The Boss
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 2178
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:36 am
Location: NOLA
Contact:

Re: Dark Injection v9 How to get Darkspore parts into Spore.

Unread postby Davo » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:03 am

some people were complaining that the mod had too many other mods that it didnt need.
its too hard to please everyone.
Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad


User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3698
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Dark Injection v9 How to get Darkspore parts into Spore.

Unread postby rob55rod » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:29 am

Davo wrote:some people were complaining that the mod had too many other mods that it didnt need.
its too hard to please everyone.

I can imagine. What if you were to, say, make Dark Injection be JUST DS parts in Spore, and then split the other stuff into addons of sorts? that would reduce filesize (faster downloads) and add a way to please more people! In fact, if you don't have time, I could split the mod up, PM you the files, and you put them on the Downloads page! Sound good? (Another potential side benefit: SOME DEGREE OF CORE SPORE COMPATIBILITY)
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
CamBen
Tech Support
Tech Support
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:26 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Dark Injection v9 How to get Darkspore parts into Spore.

Unread postby CamBen » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:14 am

rob55rod wrote:
Davo wrote:some people were complaining that the mod had too many other mods that it didnt need.
its too hard to please everyone.

I can imagine. What if you were to, say, make Dark Injection be JUST DS parts in Spore, and then split the other stuff into addons of sorts? that would reduce filesize (faster downloads) and add a way to please more people! In fact, if you don't have time, I could split the mod up, PM you the files, and you put them on the Downloads page! Sound good? (Another potential side benefit: SOME DEGREE OF CORE SPORE COMPATIBILITY)

Well it already technically works with patch 4 core spore, it just doesn't have adventure part models or captain parts, or abilities that rely on captain abilities.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3698
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Dark Injection v9 How to get Darkspore parts into Spore.

Unread postby rob55rod » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:35 am

Camßεn wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Davo wrote:some people were complaining that the mod had too many other mods that it didnt need.
its too hard to please everyone.

I can imagine. What if you were to, say, make Dark Injection be JUST DS parts in Spore, and then split the other stuff into addons of sorts? that would reduce filesize (faster downloads) and add a way to please more people! In fact, if you don't have time, I could split the mod up, PM you the files, and you put them on the Downloads page! Sound good? (Another potential side benefit: SOME DEGREE OF CORE SPORE COMPATIBILITY)

Well it already technically works with patch 4 core spore, it just doesn't have adventure part models or captain parts, or abilities that rely on captain abilities.

As in no features that don't work properly on core spore.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
HACKER80
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 488
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:27 am
Location: I think my hous.....................................
Contact:

Re: Dark Injection v9 How to get Darkspore parts into Spore.

Unread postby HACKER80 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:15 pm

Davo are you going to quit modding (spore)?
Modding makes spore almost always better on every way :D
My Spore name is kassa80!!!

User avatar
HelmoChipChop
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 5:41 pm

Re: Dark Injection v9 How to get Darkspore parts into Spore.

Unread postby HelmoChipChop » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:28 pm

Hey guys. I hope you all are well. Since Davo is off the DI scene, I was going to do my own version of DI.

It would include:

-The original Core Spore parts UNTOUCHED (vanilla)

-A separate tab for filtering (Like that old purple DNA icon) Which would include the vanilla parts with their Darkspore names and textures.

-Hopefully paints and varying limbs (with different texture applications for variety such as webbing, scales, smoke etc.)

It won't include any custom content though. Things like custom models, parts, and all that jazz.

Any thoughts?

Also, has anyone been able to figure out how to get the hero bodies as parts OR body presets?

On a Darkspore-related topic, is there a mod anywhere that lets you resize the limb joints? I am LIVID towards swapping hands and feet and having my heroes wear bell bottoms. This isn't the 60's, Helix!

User avatar
CamBen
Tech Support
Tech Support
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:26 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Dark Injection v9 How to get Darkspore parts into Spore.

Unread postby CamBen » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:20 am

HelmoChipChop wrote:Hey guys. I hope you all are well. Since Davo is off the DI scene, I was going to do my own version of DI.

It would include:

-The original Core Spore parts UNTOUCHED (vanilla)

-A separate tab for filtering (Like that old purple DNA icon) Which would include the vanilla parts with their Darkspore names and textures.

technically both of these functions are already part of my spinoff mod, dark genetics, so if you want to add it you can just take it from there.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

User avatar
Davo
The Boss
The Boss
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 2178
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:36 am
Location: NOLA
Contact:

Re: Dark Injection v9 How to get Darkspore parts into Spore.

Unread postby Davo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:20 pm

Helmo, get with robrod. He can give you the mod we have. I might have it.

But in ds, we can edit spines and edit limbs. But only one at a time.
Like both effects wont take action.
I have a youtube vid.

Also, i can add the spore parts tab with di into ds, but dragging them wont work...
Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad








User avatar
Davo
The Boss
The Boss
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 2178
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:36 am
Location: NOLA
Contact:

Re: Dark Injection v9 How to get Darkspore parts into Spore.

Unread postby Davo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:23 pm

Edit, props to robrod for finding how to edit ds limbs!
Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad








User avatar
Davo
The Boss
The Boss
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 2178
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:36 am
Location: NOLA
Contact:

Re: Dark Injection v9 How to get Darkspore parts into Spore.

Unread postby Davo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:26 pm

Wat about the DI abilities? Balancing? The Fx?
Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad








User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3698
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Dark Injection v9 How to get Darkspore parts into Spore.

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:29 am

HelmoChipChop wrote:has anyone been able to figure out how to get the hero bodies as parts OR body presets?

On a Darkspore-related topic, is there a mod anywhere that lets you resize the limb joints? I am LIVID towards swapping hands and feet and having my heroes wear bell bottoms. This isn't the 60's, Helix!

Question 1: me do! there's something in the Spore creature-related editor_setup~ files regarding starting bodies. I once managed to get the darkspore PaintBuddy in! Didn't think it was news at the time, and thanks to Camβen's DG limb editor, we now know how to convert .bem to .crt. and there are .bem files for everything that fights in darkspore...

Question 2: Pull the hand/foot out of the palette, snap it into place, but DO NOT let go of the mouse button, drag it off the limb, then snap it back in place and release.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

evsey9
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:16 am

Re: Dark Injection v9 How to get Darkspore parts into Spore.

Unread postby evsey9 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:01 am

Davo, please, if you can change dark injection a bit, please make my last wish be true. Fix the camera issue on steam for dark injection unlimited complexity version. Im will be very thankful to you. Just do it, please. You dont need much to fix it, because you are master at modding, and i like your mod very much. Please, make it true. Because its a bit boring to play without unlimited complexity. And i dont want to download version 8. Also, if davo even will not make this (why davo, why? its easy for you i think.) can someone fix it and give fixed version to me? Or give the dark genetics or something that HelmoChipChop working on? Please fix camera issue, please.


Return to “Modding”