Darkspore helix audio files

See the dark side of the universe. Find out what users are doing and learn by example. This game features multiplayer and co-op. Discover how modding will effect the online community...or atleast what's left of it!
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

Darkspore helix audio files

Unread post by Flames Kid »

Just Spent hours converting darkspore helix voice logs into mp3 files so you can listen to them. The origanal darkspore and spore compatible files are left in if any one wants to turn this into a mod, some of the lines are quite funny and i urge you to have a listen through. :D (these are extracted directly from darkspore and then decoded, i have left in all files)

:di: I am just a simulation §§§§§§§
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Darkspore helix audio files

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Wow...having these lines for Adventures is a feature several people have requested for DI, but I hadn't really been focusing on it...knowing the hashes for the audio files means the painful part of the work (the search) is done for me, all I have to do is get them into the mod, so I may well start on this feature very soon. Thank you.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

Thank you and you welcome. I still need to locate other sound files for decoding but I'm just glad I can help
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

Here are the Darkspore OSTs I downloaded of youtube and converted into .snr files: https://www.mediafire.com/file/q60uad1h ... 0Tunes.zip
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

Seems sketchy; did you try extracting the OSTs from the audio files themselves?
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

fungus3 wrote:Seems sketchy; did you try extracting the OSTs from the audio files themselves?
I couldn't find them so i used trusty old YouTube Downloader and converted them into .mp3 then to .snr with ealayer
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

Then please try and find them; try extracting all the audio files you can find.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

fungus3 wrote:Then please try and find them; try extracting all the audio files you can find.
Talk about ungrateful...Flames Kid goes through the work of digging up the Helix audio files and reassembling the game's OST from YouTube reuploads, and this is how you show your appreciation? By interrogating the legitimacy of his/her/its/their efforts and instructing him/her/it/them to use a different method as though you believe you have some kind of authority over Flames Kid? Not cool. Don't. Constructive criticism is one thing, but this...this is just straight-up arrogance. Please, fungus3, try to reign in the toxicity.

Flames Kid, thank you for your efforts. This will be of great use for Dark Injection. I will admit that fungus3 raised a valid point in saying that locating the original audio files would be ideal, but I may well be able to make to with these converted YouTube reuploads you've gathered. Thank you.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

I'm just saying that if he is able to extract the HELIX files without issue, the rest of the sound files shouldn't be an issue for him either. :roll:
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

fungus3 wrote:I'm just saying that if he is able to extract the HELIX files without issue, the rest of the sound files shouldn't be an issue for him either. :roll:
After some further diggn I found the rest of them and are decoding them :D
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

do be warned that i am using a non-updated cd install
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

I've managed to decode most of the ambient noises some of them just wouldn't convert i kept getting the error message: The EALayer3 parser could not be initialized (the bitstream format is not readable)
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

heres what ive got so far: https://www.mediafire.com/file/0eoakp5w ... mbient.zip having trouble with the osts and sound effecrs though
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

Yeah, that's exactly what I am worried about.
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

Wat are you worried about?
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

I actually have all the music to the game including the unused ones, but I should go dig them up and clean them. Ha ha!
Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

GBAura wrote:I actually have all the music to the game including the unused ones, but I should go dig them up and clean them. Ha ha!
Then get cleaning! We got Darkspore sounds and music to extract!
Flames Kid wrote:Wat are you worried about?
Not being able to extract the audio files, of course.
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

GBAura wrote:I actually have all the music to the game including the unused ones, but I should go dig them up and clean them. Ha ha!
if you send me all the audio files i cant be converting them quickly without spending lots of time searching
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

Flames Kid wrote:
if you send me all the audio files i cant be converting them quickly without spending lots of time searching
I actually ripped the files years ago before the game got shut down, but I need to find them tomorrow and polish them up. I'll post it in that Spore Music Ripping Project when it's ready.
Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Darkspore”