anyone here play portal 2?

Talk about any and all games!
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

anyone here play portal 2?

Unread post by Vallachan »

If you like playing/ mapping for portal 2, then this is for you.

I made a makeshift gravity gun for use in portal 2,

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CcGS6Pentdg
New video, improved. http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=apNlB38N9no

And, I made a rag doll/physics gun, similar the the gun in GMod.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CcGS6Pentdg

AND, I made and energy ball launcher for portal 2.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6GY4Flo7YVY

Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: anyone here play portal 2?

Unread post by Davo »

i want portal 2. bad.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

'Tis an epic game.

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
NOPE200000
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by NOPE200000 »

CamBen wrote:'Tis an epic game.
Hey camben I play also portal 2 I'm in the levels where weathley is the boss (one of the last I think).
but there is one problem I really like your gravity gun and I placed it in the portal2/portal2/map but it doesn't work. When I start portal 2 and I type "map Gravity_Gun" it doesn't work becuase they are not bps files, and when i rename them to bps it says that they are wrong bps files. PLEACE HELP ME.
And maybe we can do co-op some time :D
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

True, the gravity gun is not designed to be used in the main campaign. It is a vmf file because it is designed for mappers putting the gravity gun into a custom map. However, I am working on 5 new chambers using the improved gravity gun I completely remade from scratch, and I have a much better video now, all the functions are almost glitch proof, except for the fact that +use, or E, becomes broken, but that is fixed on game restart.

This is the video, now has functional combine ball catching, gel bomb catching, can activate catapults and panels, etc.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=apNlB38N9no

NOPE200000
Sentient
Sentient

CamBen wrote:True, the gravity gun is not designed to be used in the main campaign. It is a vmf file because it is designed for mappers putting the gravity gun into a custom map. However, I am working on 5 new chambers using the improved gravity gun I completely remade from scratch, and I have a much better video now, all the functions are almost glitch proof, except for the fact that +use, or E, becomes broken, but that is fixed on game restart.

This is the video, now has functional combine ball catching, gel bomb catching, can activate catapults and panels, etc.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=apNlB38N9no
Alright nice, and how can you play in other map chambers?
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

In other chambers it is much more roundabout. You have to decompile the maps, replace the info_player_start with an instance of the gun, and recompile, and even still the test may break. It's not recommended.

NOPE200000
Sentient
Sentient

CamBen wrote:In other chambers it is much more roundabout. You have to decompile the maps, replace the info_player_start with an instance of the gun, and recompile, and even still the test may break. It's not recommended.
Camben can you help me, I'm trying to make some nice levels but my Hammer Editor gives this error, that there ary many errors and that it can't open textures and stuff!
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Weird, try validating your game cache.

NOPE200000
Sentient
Sentient

CamBen wrote:Weird, try validating your game cache.
Do you know how to convert p2c files to bsp files??? So that you can play the puzzle maker levels as normal levels.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

The only way is the puzzlemaker_export [mapnamehere] cheat, which will make your current pti map into a .vmf file. You can then open it with hammer and compile it by pressing f9

NOPE200000
Sentient
Sentient

CamBen wrote:The only way is the puzzlemaker_export [mapnamehere] cheat, which will make your current pti map into a .vmf file. You can then open it with hammer and compile it by pressing f9
Thanks, but still one question. Do you know the BEEMOD of portal 2 or felix mod thing. When I install it and try to play the levels I made with that mod the door won't open please help!
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Yea, I know of it. I've never seen the door mod messup though, try removing beemod and see if it persists. You can also talk to Felix or Ben on thinkingwithportals.com

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Discussion”