Halo: Reach Map Testing

All information concerning the Xbox universe can be found here.
First Class

First Class

chaptmc
Zodiac: Libra

Halo: Reach Map Testing

Unread post #1 by chaptmc » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:34 pm

Hello there once again. I have recently finished two maps in Halo: Reach for Multiplayer purpose that I would like an opinion on from people who are willing to download and test the maps. The two maps are as follows:

Telescrew: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileD ... d=26889538 . Telescrew is a modified variant of Reflection that can support many game types. Telescrew (The Reach variant I made) was inspired to be created when I seen the Machine Gun Turret in Forge Mode Glitch on Youtube, which gave me the idea to do with Reflection what I did with Guardian on Halo 3 (http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserC ... =123580794 ) . Simply put, there are teleporters that have been added throughout the level that are all on the 'Alpha' frequency. Sometimes, you will teleport from one point of the map to another, others... well... you teleport to your death either by teleporting onto a landmine in a normally inaccessible room, or you fall to your death by teleporting to an inncessable point through the wall and fall. Some people may think this is dumb, but it can be rather amusing if you are willing to take risks. You will end up cursing and laughing at the same time. I know my Halo 3 variant did this for a lot of my friends, and i hope the Reach variant will do the same.

Fortification: (Link Removed as File was deleted) . Fortification is a Classic Slayer/ Classic Team Slayer style map (You can do current style slayer, just don't use the jet pack if you want to make the game fun and fair). The map was made in Forge World and there are two bases. The covenant research facility is the blue team base and the human outlook tower is the red team base. In regular Slayer, no player will have access to the roof of either base, meaning that only normal weapons will be available, and the only power weapons available will be the shotgun and energy sword. In a team slayer match, you might be lucky enough to respawn on the roof of a base, where you can get a Rocket Launcher/ Plasma Cannon, Precision Weapon, or some other weapon of increased power depending on where you respawn. The maps are meant to be fair and balanced, which is why I recommended no use of the jetpack. If you need to create a rules variant where jetpack isn't available for Slayer, then do so.

You can download the maps by either logging to your Bungie.net account if you do have one and going to the link above and clicking to download to your X-Box when the page loads, or you can look up lizking10152011 while playing Halo: Reach and check out my file share to download the files. If you like the maps, click the like on the website, or whereever you would on the game. Let me know what you think here of the maps and give me ideas if any at all should you think of something. Just please do not recommend flying vehicles such as the falcon or banshee in Fortification. They will make the map broken, even if death barriers were added.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

First Class

First Class

chaptmc

Re: Halo: Reach Map Testing

Unread post #2 by chaptmc » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:29 pm

I have to thank those who played the maps and tested them. Witm some input, I fixed some bugs and mistakes in Fortification and uploaded version two to my File Share: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileD ... ng10152011 .

Changes:
- The Orange Special Lighting Effect was removed. Apparently the lightning effect caused issues on some TVs.
- The lower tower of the red team based was sealed in at the cracks. The Portable Shields were replaced by solid 1 X 1 Blocks and 1 X 1 Ramps as blue team players were able to take out the portable shield and walk up the glass to the upper part of the Red Team Base, which I did not want.
- The red team respawn point where you get a rocket launcher was rebuilt. People were getting stuck in the one wall due to the placement of the one way barrier.
-Portable Shields were added on the middle island so the red team coudln't simply snipe blue team opponents from the upper part of the tower as the Red team had a huge advantage if they respawned on the top of the base and grabbed the sniper rifle. This should have made it fair.
-Two crates in the water at the blue team base were removed and impletmented inside the lower tower of the red team base. This was done for personal reasons.

If you like the map, click the like on the website, or whereever you would on the game (Recommend to friends feature). Let me know what you think here of the maps and give me ideas if any at all should you think of something.

The Boss
Zodiac: Cancer

Unread post #3 by Davo » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:23 pm

i didnt understand the size of the map until i notice the little guy standing near that door in pic 1... just wow!
Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad

First Class

First Class

chaptmc

Unread post #4 by chaptmc » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Davo wrote:i didnt understand the size of the map until i notice the little guy standing near that door in pic 1... just wow!

And to think that that is just the blue team base. There is a red team base as well :) . Do you happen to have Halo: Reach to test the map with some friends? It would be nice to have some more direct input.

The Boss
Zodiac: Cancer

Unread post #5 by Davo » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:47 pm

no i dont, i only play it when a friend from another state passes by
Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Spellcastx

Unread post #6 by Spellcastx » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:42 am

The article you to share a story that makes work easier.

Return to “XBOX”