Apoc's Soviet Mammoth Tank w/Husk

GOLAN
Cell
Cell

Re: Apoc's Soviet Mammoth Tank w/Husk

Unread post by GOLAN »

If you still want go on to our Forum and apply for the coding position, we got guys better qualified than me to determine how much experience is needed.

GearsGoAwryMan
Creature
Creature

Unread post by GearsGoAwryMan »

easy easy, we are still thinking about it...
Phoenix^^
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Phoenix^^ »

Davo do you get attacked by random spamers alot?
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

alot, yes.
GearsGoAwryMan
Creature
Creature

the paradox wiki has that too some times. they always target the hector security armor, for some reason.
GearsGoAwryMan
Creature
Creature

schnuck. we'll have to revise the rigging and shading...
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

i hope to see more of your works as they progress.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

you know, if you told me some of the ideas of the units you wish to create, i could start to script them without the models.
GearsGoAwryMan
Creature
Creature

that might be the best idea yeah....

let's see. we are going to do the MBT's first, with 3 factories. these factories require different models yet no actual enhancements to normal ones, but they are going to produce our MBT's.

these are the MBT's in question:

http://cncfanwiki.wikkii.com/wiki/Guarani_Tank PAF MBT:

This mecha-kind of vechile is a four threaded immobile legs for transportation issues. Secondary activates the Siege mode of the tank tranformating it onto a stationary turret, the tank changes its normal WH to an stasis ray changing the tank purposes to anti-ground.

http://cncfanwiki.wikkii.com/wiki/Chike_Battle_Tank AE MBT:

The Emirates's MBT is a reliable vehicle. The Chike is armored in durable diamondweave plating and armed with a large-caliber ramjet cannon. Its secondary ability is to switch between another round type that allows even further range, at the cost of damage.

The chike uses the concept of minimum range, meaning it has a long range, yet a big minimum range, like artillery.

http://cncfanwiki.wikkii.com/wiki/Malice_Tankette TC MBT:

The smallest MBT out of any faction (promotional goodies, he's lying), this tiny Tankette can still pack a punch if used in numbers or while flanking. It can either fires with a extended turret gun as its normal configuration or shorten it to do more damage at a lesser range, which can be very useful once bigger enemies are closing the gap.

AM: http://cncfanwiki.wikkii.com/wiki/Atlantean_Monarchy not sure wich one, either the mariner or the waverider.

atlantean vechiles should have different locomotors once on land, with big turnradiusses and generally slower movement, since they try to litterally gsledge on their icy hulls.

http://cncfanwiki.wikkii.com/wiki/Typhoon_MBT PK MBT:

The workhorse of a Pahit army, the Typhoon is an amphibious, well armored tank with an 80mm cannon best used against other vehicles. It can use a trench dragger to make trenches for infantry to hide in. Those trenches also block most vehicles, but can be destroyed, somehow.

Speed pretty much Guardian
Armour certainly more than the average MBT but not as much as a Talon Tank (double the health of a normal MBT = talon tank)

Constant self-repair
Gun is shorter ranged than the average tank too.
Normal firepower

trenches:
You click like the Soviet Engi and the trenchhub is made.
Positioning it in line with another trenchhub makes a "wall" of trenches (like walls)
Each trench holds up to 2 inf.
Maximum "walls" in between 2 trench hubs is 4
infantry can fire out of it

(sort of wallmake ability like the soviet bunker, only then the wall segments hold infantry units)

The infantry however are open So basicly they only have more armour But else are vurnerable like normal, so you can target and attack them like in Zero hour( the american firebase.)

if that's uncodable, just make them bunkerlikem disregarding above sentences in italics.

http://cncfanwiki.wikkii.com/wiki/Bushmaster_tank SC MBT:

Your basic battle tank. Slower and less armoured than other tanks, this tank fires depleted uranium shells, and so does above average damage. This tank was not designed for direct battle, though; secondary deploys the tank, increasing armour and using a graviatic singularity to direct all fire to this tank!

southern contingent tanks tend to lean towards having very high frontal armor, low back armor, and slow speed and low turningrade, just like the atlanteans you need to fully circle around to engage back.

http://cncfanwiki.wikkii.com/wiki/T-59 IG MBT:

well. this one's the one i thought up, so here goes: the thing is bought in batches of 4 for $800, it has a bigger flanking bonus then other tanks and is capable of engaging hammer tanks head on in their default group of 4. the thing has Standdown as secondary, wich effectively disables the tank, but raises the defense slightly. as heroic weapon (don't know if we plan on getting that in already) it gets a smokescreen secondary, wich leaves a trial of smoke behind it blocking vision. of enemies strumbling through it (reduces sight range).

it doesn't get stuck in bog (not even worked into paradox yet, enviromental effect) and doesn't provide cover (another of those features, like flanking bonusses and enviromental effects).

the thing's quite speedy and will probably need tons of balancing before it turns out right.

if something is unclear or wether you have questions (wich i can imagine. i can't even get some of these things quite correctlyin my mind right now) simply post them here and i will relay them as to clear up the actuall needed things.

futhermore we use the wiki for categorizing all things, we have a section over there. might be useful to take a look around (all above links lead to the wiki in question)
GearsGoAwryMan
Creature
Creature

Davo, we tried coding in a W3X model in R A 3, but it appeared to fail, we assume it wasn't the correct type of file. but going over things i can't see how. care to try? it's an old model for the malice, with no skin.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

give me a download, and i will see.
Phoenix^^
Civilian
Civilian

If you have got msn i can give you the 3 max version and w3x version.
GearsGoAwryMan
Creature
Creature

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WL488BPM

here it is, if i'm correct.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

when you say the model has no skin, does that mean it has a default white skin?

what exact errors did you have? can i also see the unit xml you have created?
GearsGoAwryMan
Creature
Creature

I'll look into it as soon as i can catch phoenix
Phoenix^^
Civilian
Civilian

Davo the xml was a converted Tsunami xml though the xml worked in game the mod said that the x value at point 0.0000 of the tanks model file was incorret or invalid something along them lines i could run the compile again if you want more details.
jason_zombot said the convertion to w3x may have been done wrong.

p.s the tank was incomplete i think its missing everything skin animation's we just wanted to test them in game and make the xml's ahead of time.
GearsGoAwryMan
Creature
Creature

mow i'm slow. currently waiting for the new paradox sourcerelease, it's going to include models, so we can leech the rigging and animating from that (hopefully). SOUL STEAL?
GearsGoAwryMan
Creature
Creature

yay, rigged models! pity the onbly thing done is a testtank...

we also have a plane unwrapped and ready, but our texturer has to relearn the skill he had with photoshop on gimp.

http://uploading.com/files/4bbcbf1f/Exampletank.W3X/

(4 wheeled tank, caolan knows the bones)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Red Alert 3 Modding”