New to RA3 coding

Yuutaro
Hatchling
Hatchling

New to RA3 coding

Unread post by Yuutaro »

Okay, so I've just recently gotten into trying to mod RA3, and been using the tutorial here. However, as it says at the top, it's outdated and doesn't work in the latest version of RA3.
I've tried to look at another source code just to see where changes might be to correct it, but I've had no luck. I only have the RA3 SDK on its own and there's apparently supposed to be extra files to add on for Uprising stuff, but any links to that are dead, so I don't know if that's what I need to actually fix it or what.
Is there anything from that linked tutorial that has changed that I need to rectify in what I'm trying to do?

Thanks in advance.

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: New to RA3 coding

Unread post by Davo »

if you open the sample mod, everything you need is in there.
However, as it says at the top, it's outdated and doesn't work in the latest version of RA3
that site does not mention that, it just says the tutorial is outdated, as is the game...

are you trying to mod in uprising units?
Yuutaro
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: New to RA3 coding

Unread post by Yuutaro »

Davo wrote:if you open the sample mod, everything you need is in there.
Ahh okay. Didn't realise earlier that CommandData was for the new LogicCommands and LogicCommandSets. Although when I try to add in a unit it still doesn't show up and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
Davo wrote:that site does not mention that, it just says the tutorial is outdated, as is the game...

are you trying to mod in uprising units?
Sorry, did mean that the tutorial was out of date, not the website itself. Not trying to mod in any Uprising units just yet, but I may want the info just for future reference.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Red Alert 3 Modding”